Maer's 540W Advanced LED — G13/Haze - DIY 4" PVC Revised StevehmaNFT Grow

Re: Maer's 540W Advanced LED – G13/Haze - DIY 4" PVC Revised StevehmaNFT Grow

They look great Maer, glad you stayed the course and finished the grow. One of my long term breeding projects revolves around 'G13 and Haze from the late 80's....can't wait to hear your sample report.

Damn man, amazing recovery. I thought for sure these were gonna be goners with all the problems early on. Looking forward to final numbers, and to your next grow! :cheer:

The final dry weight was 272.5 grams, much less than I anticipated. The buds were airy when dried, the top less so than the bottoms but all of it had a density issue. I think this is due to the problems in the first couple weeks.

The last two grows had density issues but I always blamed something different - first run was horrible genetics - second the plant were way too big and packed in and had other stresses.

The system got 2 days of bleach flush followed by 2 rinses and a scrub. Then I blasted out any sentiment with a hose, and it is now drying out.

The clones are sucking donkey dick. Only 4 or 5 have nice roots, the others have only bumps or some nothing at all, today makes 22 days since they were placed in the cloner.

Yesterday I took some out and dipped them, others that had nothing I scraped half and dipped. I was seriously considering just taking new ones. Next time I am trying Steve's EZ way in coco and pearlite....

Density problems have always been tied to high temps in my kit. Running sealed with co2 ads an additional layer of complexity. If you run HOT (85f 1500ppm) and don't have the light and feed intensity to support it, then your just running hot!
Not suggesting this is your answer, just sharing my experiences with my setup.

I give my colas a good squeeze as weekly to see how they're hardening up.

Density problems have always been tied to high temps in my kit. Running sealed with co2 ads an additional layer of complexity. If you run HOT (85f 1500ppm) and don't have the light and feed intensity to support it, then your just running hot!
Not suggesting this is your answer, just sharing my experiences with my setup.

I give my colas a good squeeze as weekly to see how they're hardening up.

Well I ran 82 most of the grow with 1500ppm, high fert ppms, and 760W of LED. What set temp do you recommend with CO2?? I have read anywhere from 80-95 so its hard to tell who is right.

My system seems to produce the best when I keep things around 78-82 lights on. I always try to cool things down the last 4 weeks of flowering to 74-78. Even with Co2.

That's not to say I'm doing everything right. Often the outside weather dictates the sweet spot my system runs best in.

When I was hell bent on 85-90 1500ppm and super intense lighting, the growth rate was incredible, but the fuse was real short. Everything had to be perfect, all the time. My space is too small to support the amount of foliage I pack in there. So the temp and RH swings are really hard to control. I lost 2 crops completely in this system going HOT.
I now try to find the sweet spot where the equipment works well together, dial the co2 to match the temp range and feed accordingly.

I started some clones ala steve simple style about 2 days ago, so we will see where they go.

I am making upgrades to the closet which I will detail in my new journal, coming soon.

Bravo Dude. Plants look great. Looks like you got roots galore. Looking nice white and clean. Maer's, Congrads on the harvest and the babies. Keep em Green.

The clones are sucking donkey dick. Only 4 or 5 have nice roots, the others have only bumps or some nothing at all, today makes 22 days since they were placed in the cloner.

I've not been successful with my turbokloner either. I just tossed my first batch. Disappointing after having spent so much money on it.

To be fair though I have no idea what the PH was and I'm fairly certain the water temputure was way to high. When I would open it up to check I would get this waft of hot air coming out.

I've been getting pretty good results with my turbo cloner since adding the pool shock to it. Take the sprayers out and run it full with a cup of bleach for an hour, rinse it real well. I drop the sprayers in the bleach solution and flip the collars over to get them nice and clean too.

I also have heard that using bottled "Spring" water solves lots of aerocloning problems as well.

Do a search on the pool shock formula, it can be made for a few bucks.

I've been getting pretty good results with my turbo cloner since adding the pool shock to it. Take the sprayers out and run it full with a cup of bleach for an hour, rinse it real well. I drop the sprayers in the bleach solution and flip the collars over to get them nice and clean too.

I also have heard that using bottled "Spring" water solves lots of aerocloning problems as well.

Do a search on the pool shock formula, it can be made for a few bucks.

The pool shock thing is for cleaning right? I cleaned it with bleach and have a second batch in there now. The first batch was in a warm closet with no ventilation. This time it's on the kitchen tile counter so it stays much much cooler. I'm hoping that does the trick. As for water I used ro water that hasn't been adjusted. It picks up the clonex gel but I think that's supposed to happen.

I checked the clones and had nothing... I am thinking the root zone was too cold so I put them in another tub and put an aquarium heater in the tub, the water is now at about 76, and inside of the tote is about 79. I am misting and keeping the medium moist but not soaked.

Here are what the clones looked like right before I threw them out. Some had lots of roots some had nothing after a month in the cloner:

P1020945.JPG

P1020944.JPG

I dont know if my temp setting was too low, because I used zone, because I didn't scrape and dip?? Dont know, what I do know is once my new run starts I will be cloning a few times so I can dial in my method.

Even my SteveEZ clones were doing shitty, they had nothing on the stems after 6 days. I figured the root zone was too cold so I put it in another tub with an aquarium heater so it warms the root zone from below. I did that Tuesday, if they dont show roots by this Tuesday.... I guess I will start some in rockwool which is the only method i seem to have mastered.

Also of note, the ones that did well were in the middle. Those were mostly mother #8, but one almost exactly in the middle had nothing... It may have been because the center had more light? The spray pattern?

I am using Clonex gel, I also have the root accelerator that came with the ezclone which I plan to use next time. I also used Clonex solution (1/4 strength, 400ppm) in the cloner.

As always, I am uncertain! But yes next time I am trying the stuff that came with the ezclone.

Actually in the beginning I used nothing in the ezclone run this time, but I had the chiller set to 65 or so.. I raised it to 71 right as I dipped the stems that didn't do anything.

You don't need but a little light to clone a whole flat (72 clones)--a single 23 watt CFL will do. I use seed starting medium that is sterilized, mostly sphagnum with perlite. I take my cuts and float them in seaweed water (Maxicrop) and plant once the final cuts are made. I water with the seaweed water, no gels or potions, keep it simple, this is a weed. I use a seed starting heat mat underneath, keeps it like 76 deg F. Been doing it like this for 25 years and always get 95% or better success, may lose one clone out of 72. I always use a dome over the top till I see growth, usually 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom