Bassplayers DIY+Tent Grow 2011 - Multiple Strains in Airpots & DIY DWC

re: Bassplayers DIY+Tent Grow 2011 - Multiple Strains in Airpots & DIY DWC

I like your home made DWC bucket. I made 1 like yours except I used the water gauge from a Gen. Hydro Water Farm kit. I'm subbed.

So The layout of The Tent has changed again... for now its a small veg side and a big flower side. Reason for this was what I couldnt believe I was lookin at on the Diesel Haze (sativa) on sunday just 7 days into flower.
The plant on the right in previous pics is most definately a boy, these pics were taken two days ago

DSC_1381.JPG
DSC_1382.JPG
DSC_1383.JPG

but on the same day better signs of good things from remaining Diesel Haze (look closely) :)

DSC_1384.JPG

and these from today, end of day 9, clearly showing pistils :yahoo:
DSC_1392.JPG
DSC_1391.JPG
DSC_1389.JPG

So the veg/clone side looks like this with 1x 125W 6500, 1x 45W 6500, 3x 23W 2700 cfls

DSC_10921.JPG

DSC_10912.JPG

I binned the 2 male clones so now have 2 Diesel Haze and 2 Kromes The White in a new home under the 45W...

DSC_1098.JPG

These are 2 medijuana in soil w. Humate Supreme at 15 days, still in 1 liter airpots...

DSC_10961.JPG

compared to these 4 medijuana in cocos w. Plagron nutes at 15 days also, these were transplanted into 3 liter airpots yesterday, and all 4 were topped...

DSC_10971.JPG

So moving round the corner and at the moment the flower room looks like this with the light on(400W GIB flower xtreme) ...

DSC_13931.JPG

Front left is Diesel Haze (sativa) in diy DWC with AN nutes (hobbyist level) at end of day 9 flower, front right is Kromes The White (indica) also in diy DWC with AN nutes at end of day 1 flower, across the back are 3 medijuana in biobizz allmix and biobizz nutes also end of day 1.

At lights out all together...

DSC_1089.JPG

Closer look at the Medijuanas...62 days to go
DSC_1086.JPG

Closer look at Kromes The White topped and trained...59 days to go
DSC_1084.JPG

And last but not least the Diesel Haze, loosened from lst for now but will be trained again to fill space...I never grew sativa before so this is all very
exciting...68 days to go :)

DSC_1085.JPG

Thats about it for now folks, :thanks: for checkin out my progress
:peace: & :Namaste:

Congrats on the girls to bad about the boys u going to keep em for seed? there lookin great as always:popcorn:

I think he said he tossed the boys, too bad, but congrats on the girls. Now to watch these girls bloom! I cant wait!

Hey Guys n Gals,

Yep I tossed the boys, its girls only allowed in the tent :)
and that leads me nicely onto some pics of the way things are today in the big section...

I changed the layout so now the 3 Medijuana are now at the front....
DSC_10841.JPG

At the back left is the lanky Diesel Haze and back right the short stocky Kromes The White...
DSC_1083.JPG

Diesel Haze w. lights off, she is at 16 days today...
DSC_10953.JPG
DSC_11021.JPG

Kromes The White at 7 days...
DSC_10973.JPG

And the canopy w. lights on...
DSC_10872.JPG

and lights off...
DSC_1104.JPG

The 3 Medijuana are also at 7 days.

Im not sure how much damage Ive done if any, but when I switched the medijuanas and Kromes a week ago, for the forst 2 nites 3 hours into the dark period the timer malfunctioned and the lights came on, i think for about 1 hour the first nite but only a minute on the second (I was on site to find the problem out)...so that means the Diesel Haze was interrupted in her second week and Kromes The White and the Medijuanas has a bumpy first 2 nites...any opinions as to what I can expect, I feel a little bit like Im throwing nutes down the drain so to speak...on the other hand Im hoping a rigid schedule since the problem might, should, hopefully, maybe sort things out...guess I just gotta wait n see....

Hope wherever and whoever you are, that the sun shines in your world today
:Namaste:

Bass, looking great! :welldone:

I wouldn't worry about the brief light interruptions. You caught it quick, it wasn't severe, and IMHO, I think you'll be fine. :goodjob:

Hey Guys n Gals,

Yep I tossed the boys, its girls only allowed in the tent :)
and that leads me nicely onto some pics of the way things are today in the big section...

I changed the layout so now the 3 Medijuana are now at the front....
DSC_10841.JPG

At the back left is the lanky Diesel Haze and back right the short stocky Kromes The White...
DSC_1083.JPG

Diesel Haze w. lights off, she is at 16 days today...
DSC_10953.JPG
DSC_11021.JPG

Kromes The White at 7 days...
DSC_10973.JPG

And the canopy w. lights on...
DSC_10872.JPG

and lights off...
DSC_1104.JPG

The 3 Medijuana are also at 7 days.

Im not sure how much damage Ive done if any, but when I switched the medijuanas and Kromes a week ago, for the forst 2 nites 3 hours into the dark period the timer malfunctioned and the lights came on, i think for about 1 hour the first nite but only a minute on the second (I was on site to find the problem out)...so that means the Diesel Haze was interrupted in her second week and Kromes The White and the Medijuanas has a bumpy first 2 nites...any opinions as to what I can expect, I feel a little bit like Im throwing nutes down the drain so to speak...on the other hand Im hoping a rigid schedule since the problem might, should, hopefully, maybe sort things out...guess I just gotta wait n see....

Hope wherever and whoever you are, that the sun shines in your world today

I think they will be OK Bass. Have had similar problems like that before. ;) By the way they look great! :thumb:

Hi there Mr Krip and OMM, thanks for the positive vibe on the hiccup with the lights, :thumb:. Popculture, Basementdwell, NEPharmer, MV (The Great...), :thanks: guys for checkin in, and to anybody else I havent mentioned :high-five:

I had to do more lst on the Diesel Haze today, she was up to the light this morning, and the light is at max height in the tent...the pics from yesterday dont really show how big she is, so this is me doing some more lst on her out of the tent...
DSC_10851.JPG

yes there I am sat behind her:), she got kinda big...
DSC_10842.JPG

Moving on to some medijuana still vegging, I have these 4 in 3 liter airpots w. coco, shaping up nicely after being topped last week...
DSC_10922.JPG

And these 2 now also topped and transplanted into 3 liter airpots w. soil and Humate Supreme...
DSC_1093.JPG

at the moment they are smaller in comparison too the cocos at the same age, but they look fantastically healthy, and feedind with Humate Supreme has to be the ultimate in simplicity.

This is just a look thru the veg side, lights are 1x 125W 6500, 2x 45W 6500 and 2 x 23W 2700 cfls...

DSC_10974.JPG

And that leaves just enough room for these little ladies...

DSC_10942.JPG

The Diesel Haze do look rough, the one at the back went within the first day or so, the medijuana in the middle is from one of the veggin in coco, the Kromes Whites havent seemed to suffer at all...lookin underneath the first pic is the Diesel Haze mutatations :)
DSC_1101.JPG

and last is from Kromes The White

DSC_1100.JPG

All have roots, and it was the Diesel Haze mutant at the back which actually put em out first :)

Thats it for now I guess
:peacetwo: and :Namaste: to you All

So another update,
The diesel haze just wont stop growing, shes at 21 days today and this morning the main cola was pishing against thr ceiling of the tent, above the light!! I pulled her out and did some more lst...this is how big she got, she was only vegged 2-3 weeks from seed...
DSC_10914.JPG

heres some of her flowers, and it looks like shes gonna have quite a few :)

The main stem and cola...

DSC_10901.JPG

some random buds...

DSC_10873.JPG
DSC_10852.JPG
DSC_10861.JPG

So after tying her down, the main stem was completely straight, but only for a few hours as she headed straight back towards the lamp by the end of the day...

DSC_1112.JPG

Diesel Haze tub now sits in the back right and the plant xtends pretty much the full width of the tent, Kromes The White now sits front right, signs of pistils which im happy about, (im still fretting a little over the lighting/timer balls up last week), I have 1 medijuana back left and 2 front left and centre...nicely crowded in there for sure...

DSC_1114.JPG

To help with my obvious space issues my growshop guy gave me a fantastic deal on some new stuff and as time is against me I made a shortcut and bought a homebox 75x75x100cm, squeezes nicely into the corner here...

DSC_11011.JPG

I have inside a 400W hps hooked up to a Gativa Digistar 400, electronic and dimmable ballast with a 10% boost, so my 400w bulb can put out either 250W, 275W, 400W or 440W. Its close enough to the big tent so I will connect some ducting from the small tent to the big one which has a new carbon filter. I will use a 120mm pc fan to assist with airflow from the homebox, hopefully then if my seals are good I can use the one extract fan and filter for both tents.
Inside the homebox today looks like this...

DSC_11191.JPG

Which is 3 medijuana in coco with plagron nutes and 2 in soil with humate supreme, today ending 1st day of 12/12.

Not wanting to compromise my diy setup too much, I also found a great deal on some modular shelving....you can see some above with my nutes and spare bulbs on next to the homebox, which also if you look closely you can see my water reservoir which hold 100liter and has air continually pumped into it, I only use rainwater in it...and some more of the shelving I turned into a diy (BCNLish :)) producer...

DSC_1107.JPG

I fixed 2 x 2 18W T8's onto one shelf for vegging in my new diy 12 site veging bubbler

DSC_1109.JPG

these lamps came with the fittings so i switch a couple out for some cool whites...above the veg shef will be my cloning shelf, I made yet another new cloner, 12 sites and i think a permanent one this time :)...The tubs on top of the "producer" i will be trying to turn into a "yaroots" type mini x tank, primarily to flower upcoming sativas in the small tent which came with a grow/scrog net.
I also made 3 new 3 site DWC's which will be for the next grow in the big tent which as you might have guessed, will be hydro all the way...I think I like it better this way :)

So I saved one of the medijana that was in coco to use for clones, I have 2 diesel haze clones surviving, along with 2 from kromes the white plus 1 medijuana...and the cherry on the top of my great deal from my growshop guy way 10 free Colombian Haze , and 8 feminized Copenhagen Kush seeds, I hope to get a sample of each out as well as the others in my next grow...lets hope...oh and I know it says "autopots" in the title here, and I did intend to use em but thngs change as you see so they will not be making an appearance in this grow...I put em in my greenhouse outside and will get some tomatoes and cucumbers on the go :)

So again its been musical tents this week so I figured a mini update to be in order :)

The BIG Tent now looks like this, though probaly not for long...
DSC_1128.JPG

Diesel haze is now taking up most of the back section, Kromes The White is holding her own front right, these 2 are now together with 3 medijuana in 3 liter airpots and coco, and 2 medijuana in 6 liter airpots and soil...which means over in the little tent...

DSC_1133.JPG

I have 2 medijuana in 6 liter airpots, and 2 in 3 litre airpots all in soil, so for now its an organic tent biobizz and humate supreme, whereas the big tent is advanced nutrients (dwc) and plagron(coco)

Im getting truly excited about this Diesel Haze, my first go both at sativa and hydro...definate lessons to be learnt for next time, but for now I am happy how shes shaping up, thh she got way bigger than I expected...(lesson 1:))
DSC_11311.JPG
DSC_11301.JPG
DSC_11291.JPG

This is Kromes The White starting to show buds, and the medijuanas are at about the same stage...
DSC_11321.JPG

This medijuana is gonna give up some clones in a week(ish), right now shes testing out the new T8 growshelf that I made, she seems happy enuf...
DSC_1134.JPG

and above her in the cloner but with 1/4 veg nutes is Kromes The White clone with Diesel Haze bhind...Im gonna veg these for a week or so and then clone them again, purely so I can get some rhythm established between the spaces I have...but the future looks green for sure...
DSC_1135.JPG

Back with more as it happens, or quite soon after anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom