DIY Stealth Cab, Hydro, LED & Multiple Strains in Small Space - Oh Boy!

PIC UPDATE

I used to have "Quick Pic Updates" but with all the plants, it's getting tough to do quick! :)

I am planning on doing the final res changes on the Waterfarms this afternoon, then next week, they start their flush. They're definately showing signs they're ready with most of the pistils now red and the fan leaves just starting to noticeably yellow over the last few days. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm gonna get much more from this harvest of two plants than I did on the last PE harvest of only ONE plant.

Contributing factors were less time in veg resulting in shorter plants, and running most of flower with only 1/2 the lights on the LED.

But, maybe I'll be surprised with 3oz. or more! :)

All the vegging gilrs are doing well. Now, four of the six "dead" rockwool clones have rooted and are in small hempys in the new tent since there wasn't enough room in the cab. I'll likely post pics of them later in the new SOG journal.

But, here's what's going on in the current veg cab:

DSCN08371.JPG

I guess the only "big" news is that the PS top that was rooting in rockwool still wasn't showing any roots. But, I knew she was a short clone when I took her and also know many times the roots grow out of the sides of the cube. So, I peeled back the plastic on the sides of the cubes just far enough to peak in and, sure enough, she had some nice roots working their way down, so I'm sure I'll have a successful clone of the Power Skunk! :yahoo:

Here's the PS clone looking perky, so you can tell she's rooted:

DSCN0838.JPG

And here's two shots of the PS Mom, who got the UBT, but is still pretty close to a seedling herself:

DSCN0842.JPG

DSCN08472.JPG

Here's the PE clone that was started at the same time as the PS seedling a few weeks ago. She got the "radical" LST and will likely become a new Bonsai Mom:

DSCN08431.JPG

And, Little Lucy now has three nodes and working on her fourth. A couple more nodes and she's gonna get a UBT, and hopefully become a Bonsai mom, too. I'm glad I got the TurboKlone cuz' I'll be much more comforable about being able to clone Lucy's top! :yahoo:

DSCN0841.JPG

Finally, in the veg cab is the PE Bonsai Mom who's given up something like 10 clones in the last two weeks. I did take 2-3 clones from the other PE Bonsai I still have sitting around but haven't been really maintaining. I put the second picture in so you can get an idea of how small she really is:

DSCN08441.JPG

DSCN0845.JPG

And, here's a few shots of the girls in flower:

DSCN08493.JPG

DSCN08501.JPG

DSCN08571.JPG

DSCN08532.JPG

DSCN08542.JPG

DSCN08551.JPG

DSCN08562.JPG

DSCN08581.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

Thanks, G-Speed! When are you starting your 2L? Hurry up and we can go through it together! :high-five:

My mothers have just got to there 3rd nodes so wont be for a little bit yet mr krip. I have been busy insulating and laying loft boards as my new grow space will be in my loft. LOTS of space lol just gota work out how im gunna controll any extreme temps that might crop up. Have a few things up my sleve do you have any tips ?

My mothers have just got to there 3rd nodes so wont be for a little bit yet mr krip. I have been busy insulating and laying loft boards as my new grow space will be in my loft. LOTS of space lol just gota work out how im gunna controll any extreme temps that might crop up. Have a few things up my sleve do you have any tips ?

Sorry...no tips for keeping the loft cool other than a/c. It would be WAY to hot where I am for that, but looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :goodluck:

That is one tiny mom. The girls are looking very nice Mr. K. Now that you have the TK you are going to be cranking them out like clockwork.

Thanks, Steve! She is pretty tiny! It's amazing how many clones I've been able to take from her, and it looks like they will ALL end up rooting...even the stuff that looked dead in the rockwool! :)

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY LAST PE HARVEST

OK...I'm just about to grind up the last "primo" bud from the last PE harvest. It has a "special place" in my heart since it was the first plant harvested grown completely from seed, and boy is it killer stuff! :grinjoint:

Another reason to go for the SOG is the increased yields will give me more time to completely cure an entire harvest instead of breaking into it early...which reminds me...I also chopped my first two sample buds, one each, from the two girls in flower. They're drying in a dehydrator now and I'll give them a try tomorrow.

In the mean time, here's the last bud from my first PE harvest:

DSCN08591.JPG

DSCN08611.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

Really sweet looking buds and the close up plant/bud photos up above are crazy beautiful, too. You've sure developed a real green thumb my friend!

I know what you mean on the buds - I have a couple of buds I'm just saving up for a rainy day and they are too nice to grind up for the vape for now...

Sounds like SOG is going to fit your grow needs well - that is a crazy tiny bonsai mother (as Steve so aptly put it). :)

Really sweet looking buds and the close up plant/bud photos up above are crazy beautiful, too. You've sure developed a real green thumb my friend!

I know what you mean on the buds - I have a couple of buds I'm just saving up for a rainy day and they are too nice to grind up for the vape for now...

Sounds like SOG is going to fit your grow needs well - that is a crazy tiny bonsai mother (as Steve so aptly put it). :)

Thank you, my friend! :thanks:

Unfortunately, with the smaller harvests, it's always a rainy day! :)

I think the SOG will take care of that. If I can get those 12 clones planted in the next couple of weeks, I should be able to harvest close to 6 oz. less than 90 days from now and then another 6 oz. a month later! :yahoo:

That should keep it from raining for a while! :grinjoint:

SAMPLE PE LOWER BUDS AFTER QUICK DRY

When I did the res changes on Monday, I noticed a couple of buds on the PE's in flower that were drooping over and not really getting any light. I suppose I could have tied them up, but I figured it was a good opportunity to take a couple samples, even though I plan on letting it go until the end of next week.

So, I snipped and quick-dried the buds and vaped two hits of this:

DSCN087211.jpg

The buds were a little airy, but not too bad and I did take them from lower points on the plants that weren't getting any light. And, it didn't grind up too easily, cuz' it was still a little moist, but it vaped GREAT!

Without giving the full report, I can say they're very similar to the first PE. They don't smell quite as strong, or perhaps I've become used to the odor, but they have the same Pineapple/Diesel odor and I think this batch will pack even more of a "punch" than the last one, based on early effects and, what seems to be, increased tricome production.

They could easily be harvested now, and many growers probably would, but I'm gonna give her the extra time to gain a little more weight and couch-lock, especially since I'm in no rush to get another plant in there right now.

Happy Harvests!

K

HOW'S YOUR WATER QUALITY?

I came across this web page tonight and thought it would be of some interest here:

University of Cincinnati - Drinking Water Quality

Hmmm... Interesting link Mr. K!

I couldn't be more pleased with ours! Sierra snowmelt rules! :thumb:

Airy buds used to really bumb me out, but on the occasions when I end up with a plant that doesn't dense up, I find that the potency really isn't effected. Heck! We end up grinding these things to a fine sift anyway, and once you pack some into your vaporizer, all that matters is the taste and the high! :thumb:

That plant I grew next to my BC wasn't very dense, but it produced a very nice mellow buzz that made me regret that I didn't attempt to reveg that plant. It was some kind of Afghan strain. Posted a photo up here, but no one could ever give me a definitive answer as to what strain it was.

QUICK PIC UPDATE

The girls in flower will be getting a Clearex flush this weekend, then plain water until Wednesday, then 48 hours of dark, and a harvest next weekend! :yahoo:

The nugs are looking well developed and covered in trichomes. Very few white pistils left and lot of yellowing going on....she's definately ready! :grinjoint:

DSCN08903.JPG

DSCN08914.JPG

DSCN08924.JPG

DSCN08943.JPG

DSCN08933.JPG

DSCN08954.JPG

DSCN08963.JPG

DSCN08983.JPG

DSCN08993.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

I can just imagine what that PE is gonna look like next grow, cause it seems like you do a better job each time you grow it!!! And them colas are just sickening, i would love to try some of it!!! If it taste anything like what it looks like, its gotta be good!!! Good Job Krip and Congrats on the finale!!! You've definitely outdone yourself again!!!

I can just imagine what that PE is gonna look like next grow, cause it seems like you do a better job each time you grow it!!! And them colas are just sickening, i would love to try some of it!!! If it taste anything like what it looks like, its gotta be good!!! Good Job Krip and Congrats on the finale!!! You've definitely outdone yourself again!!!

Thanks, Suka! :thanks:

Actually, I'm really looking forward to the next PE grow, too! It's gonna be a SOG under a new 500w BlackStar LED I just ordered.

I think the PE's will do GREAT in a SOG, since they don't really stretch much and product some nice, fat buds. And, now that I understand growing and lights much better, I do believe SOG is perfect for LED's, which generally, lack the penetration of an HPS.

I gotta say about the PE, it tastes/smokes even BETTER than it looks! :grinjoint:

shit i bet it does, the way that shit looks!!!! and i bet its only gonna get better!!! and damn rite a sog would be awsome, considering how big the colas get, cant wait to see it go down!!!

question for ya, is there a way to tell the difference between a male and female seed?? i've read that female seeds are more round and the female is more odd shaped, and a couple other things but im still unsure, what do you think?? i wanna get somethin started but i dont wanna go through all the non-sense, like the shit i went through last grow..

Back
Top Bottom