SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

What the puck is that?:rofl:

Hey brother K -

Sorry to hear about the tough couple of days... With a little luck, those pucks should turn that frown upside down. Bummer on the Widow. Hope things look up for you asap!

:circle-of-love:

Hey brother K -

Sorry to hear about the tough couple of days... With a little luck, those pucks should turn that frown upside down. Bummer on the Widow. Hope things look up for you asap!

:circle-of-love:

Thank you, Brother X! :thanks:
It's amazing what the combination of some good hash and a Friday can do for a disposition! :)

Everything with me is fine, just been stressed with life's B.S.

For example, when I transplanted the Mom's to dirt, I put each container on a saucer and gave them a good watering. After a few hours I went back to emply the runoff out of the saucers and, of course, spilled that dirty runoff water all over the grow cab!

First, I'll tell you that the cleanup would have been much easier had it been hydro. The fact that we all wash the dirt off our hands using water should send a signal to the soil growers, but somehow, they don't get it! :hmmmm:

Next, that story pretty much exemplifies how my whole week went! I think I would have been better sleeping in on Monday and getting out of bed today and just letting this week pass, but hindsight is always 20/20. Maybe I'll try that next week! :rofl:

It's amazing what the combination of some good hash and a Friday can do for a disposition! :)

For example, when I transplanted the Mom's to dirt, I put each container on a saucer and gave them a good watering. After a few hours I went back to emply the runoff out of the saucers and, of course, spilled that dirty runoff water all over the grow cab!

First, I'll tell you that the cleanup would have been much easier had it been hydro. The fact that we all wash the dirt off our hands using water should send a signal to the soil growers, but somehow, they don't get it! :hmmmm:

Next, that story pretty much exemplifies how my whole week went! I think I would have been better sleeping in on Monday and getting out of bed today and just letting this week pass, but hindsight is always 20/20. Maybe I'll try that next week! :rofl:

Hang in there bro! I've had many of those days/weeks where it seems the universe was conspiring against me! The only answer is more positive thinking! :thumb: I'm having a good day...so I'm channeling some of my excess positive energy your way my friend!

:allgood:

Hang in there bro! I've had many of those days/weeks where it seems the universe was conspiring against me! The only answer is more positive thinking! :thumb: I'm having a good day...so I'm channeling some of my excess positive energy your way my friend!

:allgood:

Thanks, Brother! :thanks:

Like I said, nothing that serious, so feel free to send that positive energy to the folks that need it more than I, but I do greatly appreciate the good wishes! :circle-of-love:

QUICK UPDATE

The Royal Caramel popped her head up last night and had sprouted this morning.

The way she popped was a little strange, though, but I think she'll be OK.

The seed husk was shed from the cotyledons but still attached around the stem along with a piece of the yolk sac. With very little help, she easily shed the husk, but the piece of the yolk sac is completely fused around the stem. I can slide it up & down the stem, but there's no way to get it removed without risking some damage to the seedling.

So, I just slid it down the stem a little, so it wasn't sitting in the same place to possibly cause rot, and I'm hoping it just dries up and she "grows out of it".

Sorry I didn't grab any pics this time but will keep you posted on the progress!

Happy Harvests,

K

Sending you good vibes for a better week this week Mr Krip :Namaste:

I suspect that yolk sac will fall off when the stem gets thicker.

Sending you good vibes for a better week this week Mr Krip :Namaste:

I suspect that yolk sac will fall off when the stem gets thicker.

That's what I figured, too, but the OCD in me couldn't wait for the stem to get thicker with that piece of "crap" around the stem, so Dr. Krip did some canna-surgery...I managed to fray two sides just enough to grab both frayed sides with tweezers and pull, completing a successful pieceofcrapectomy with a 100% chance of recovery for the patient! :)

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS BONSAI MOM

I hope everyone is doing well. I mentioned that I had put the moms in a soil mixture to help them sustain four days without me watering. All the moms are doing fine, but I had to get a few more shots of the Pineapple Express mom, which is the most developed since the others were started much later.

When I transplanted her from the 2-L, I also gave her a root trim and her roots still pretty much fill up the new container which also gives a much better idea of her size:

DSCN2511.JPG

I had just taken 8-9 clones last week, so she'll need to grow her tops back, but she has plenty:

DSCN2512.JPG

The main trunk structure is something like 1/2 to 3/4 the height of a pencil, depending on how you calculate it and the girdth of the trunk is about 2-3 pencils:

DSCN2513.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

I forgot to mention...a few months ago I stopped keeping the moms in the veg side of the cab and have them all in the cloning/seedling side of the cab under two 23w CFL's! :)

EDIT: I should also mention that the reason I made the move is that my Power Skunk and Big Band mom's, at different times, both went into flower under the GLR I use on the veg side, which coincidently, is also why those moms were started later - I had to restart them from clones when the moms flowered!

I switched the clone side to 20/4. I don't know why they started flowering using GLR, but I can only suspect that once the plants get very mature, they just want to flower and once GLR gets them to the brink, there's no stopping them!

I forgot to mention...a few months ago I stopped keeping the moms in the veg side of the cab and have them all in the cloning/seedling side of the cab under two 23w CFL's! :)

EDIT: I should also mention that the reason I made the move is that my Power Skunk and Big Band mom's, at different times, both went into flower under the GLR I use on the veg side, which coincidently, is also why those moms were started later - I had to restart them from clones when the moms flowered!

I switched the clone side to 20/4. I don't know why they started flowering using GLR, but I can only suspect that once the plants get very mature, they just want to flower and once GLR gets them to the brink, there's no stopping them!

Hi Mr. Krip. Can you estimate how long they were in GLR before they flowered? Got some girls I was planing on vegging under GLR a bit longer. Thanks.:high-five:

Hi Mr. Krip. Can you estimate how long they were in GLR before they flowered? Got some girls I was planing on vegging under GLR a bit longer. Thanks.:high-five:

Yea I would like to know that also. Longest I vegged under GLR was 3 months.

It was something like 9 months, or so...

That is very useful information +reps :)

Here's another interesting tidbit....

The G-13 Labs Pineapple Express hasn't flowered under GLR, only the Big Band and Power Skunk which BOTH happen to be Kannabia strains. Perhaps they have some common "ancestor" that likes to flower once it gets mature? :hmmmm:

Here's another interesting tidbit....

The G-13 Labs Pineapple Express hasn't flowered under GLR, only the Big Band and Power Skunk which BOTH happen to be Kannabia strains. Perhaps they have some common "ancestor" that likes to flower once it gets mature? :hmmmm:

Maybe their genetic origins come from a region where the plant can't wait for a 12/12 photoperiod to flower, ie far north or south of equator. A plant would have to start flowering well before it was 12/12 if it wanted to finish before winter.

Maybe their genetic origins come from a region where the plant can't wait for a 12/12 photoperiod to flower, ie far north or south of equator. A plant would have to start flowering well before it was 12/12 if it wanted to finish before winter.

I don't think so....I can definately force flowering by changing the photoperiod and the only strains I know of that don't flower based on photoperiod are the Ruderalis crossses, but those flower in something like 45-60 days and not nine months. :Namaste:

Huh... :hmmmm:

I took the mom cave off of the GLR back in late summer because it looked like some of my moms had tried to flower. I was dealing with some heat issues and wasn't feeling too well at the time, so I just chalked it up to the combination of GLR and stress from the high heat and moved them back to 18/6...

I don't think so....I can definately force flowering by changing the photoperiod and the only strains I know of that don't flower based on photoperiod are the Ruderalis crossses, but those flower in something like 45-60 days and not nine months. :Namaste:

I'm not saying they aren't being triggered by photoperiod. I was suggesting that strain may not need 12 hours of dark to initiate flowering, ie the strain has evolved to flower sooner due to shorter grow seasons at extreme latitudes.

Back
Top Bottom