SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

I forgot to mention...a few months ago I stopped keeping the moms in the veg side of the cab and have them all in the cloning/seedling side of the cab under two 23w CFL's! :)

EDIT: I should also mention that the reason I made the move is that my Power Skunk and Big Band mom's, at different times, both went into flower under the GLR I use on the veg side, which coincidently, is also why those moms were started later - I had to restart them from clones when the moms flowered!

I switched the clone side to 20/4. I don't know why they started flowering using GLR, but I can only suspect that once the plants get very mature, they just want to flower and once GLR gets them to the brink, there's no stopping them!

Hmmm.... I've seen a little of this for GLR... was it a full flower or the faux flower that happens later in life? It seems I need to re-examine the usefulness of GLR for keeping mothers. It may be that for mother plants 18/6, or 20/4 would be better. Maybe GLR would work for preparing the clones only. I have had one of my mothers go into a light flower, she still grew as if vegging, but flowers started popping up in places. New growth kept coming out, but soon after grew flowers as well.

Yeah, I'm sure it was FULL on flowering. The plants started putting out the single-fingered leaves and the "pre-flowers" started filling out.

Recorded...

Most of the data I've collected up to this point seems to be pointing to the use of a different light schedule for Mother Plants. Like I said before, I have had something like this happen to some of my mothers as well.

For perpetual vegetative growth, GLR works very well up to a certain age, then it seems to work against further vegetation. If one was preparing a plant to go into flower GLR would be best, but for longer vegetative growth, it seems to hinder. At least the recorded data points to this conclusion. I will need to research it further.

Thank you very much for your valuable input.

Recorded...

Most of the data I've collected up to this point seems to be pointing to the use of a different light schedule for Mother Plants. Like I said before, I have had something like this happen to some of my mothers as well.

For perpetual vegetative growth, GLR works very well up to a certain age, then it seems to work against further vegetation. If one was preparing a plant to go into flower GLR would be best, but for longer vegetative growth, it seems to hinder. At least the recorded data points to this conclusion. I will need to research it further.

Thank you very much for your valuable input.

No problem, Brother, and thank you for your valuable input as well, since I had been drawing the same conclusion just from my own experiences. If I had more room, I'd probably leave a second Pineapple Express mom under GLR just to see if, and how long it would take, to get that strain to flower, in case it was strain dependent.

As it turns out, I'll be happy if I still have a Pineapple Express mom!

See next update and :Namaste:....

QUICK UPDATE - NO PICS SO I DON'T CRY!

I got back last night from my four days away from watering/feeding the plants. Before I went away, I watered everything to the point of run-off and I also misted/soaked all the leaves to the point of dripping to slow down the transpiration.

Somehow, what I did worked fantastic for every single plant EXCEPT my gorgeous PE Bonsai mom, who's been the subject of several recent pic updates.

Her leaves weren't just droopy, but they're seriously wilted and I'm seriously concerned!

The good news is that the leaves are all still a nice green color. Not even any yellowing, let alone anything "crispy". But, they are badly wilted.

I watered her as soon as I got home and saw her condition hoping to see her perk up today, but so far, no success.

I did give her another watering with some very light nutes including some Silica and some SuperThrive, hoping the ST will help save her.

If I had more time, I'd go to one of the home centers and pick up some clear plastic and PVC parts to build a humidity dome large enough to accomodate her size, but without one, I just gave her leaves a light misting.

She's so sturdy a plant and her leaves have retained enough color that I'm pretty sure I can save her, but, I also think it may be a LONG time before I can take any more clones from her, which isn't good, since the other Moms are still pretty small.

The good news is that the flower cab is almost full and the clone side of the cab is well stocked with clones.

And, to make myself feel better, I started soaking the White Fruit seed I received in the last order, which is the strain I'm most hopeful about.

Also, in a worst case scenario, I still have a Pineapple Express seed stored in the fridge from my original order a few years ago.

So, what happended to the PE Bonsai mom? Quite simple....I screwed up BIG. It should have been one of the easier plants to keep alive since I had moved it to dirt a couple of weeks earlier and did a root trim in the process. Her container was sitting in a small plastic bowl (unlike any of the hempys!!!) which would have made a perfect reservoir had I actually let enough runoff accumulate.

But, in my rush to get everything done, and frankly, being more worried about the hempys that only had very small reserviors, I didn't realize I hadn't done this.

I really should post some pics just so everyone knows what's happening, and will try to do so ASAP. I've just need to get caught up from being away and make sure I do what I can to save her.

Happy Harvests!

K

No problem, Brother, and thank you for your valuable input as well, since I had been drawing the same conclusion just from my own experiences. If I had more room, I'd probably leave a second Pineapple Express mom under GLR just to see if, and how long it would take, to get that strain to flower, in case it was strain dependent.

As it turns out, I'll be happy if I still have a Pineapple Express mom!

See next update and :Namaste:....

My collected data points to a mother greater than 9 months of age. I had a Green Fluffy Bunnies give out after 12 months. It's still hanging in there. I changed lighting for my mothers to 24 hours for 3 weeks to completely destroy the flowering hormone, then reduced it to 18/6, and that's where they will stay. The Green Fluffy Bunnies has stopped growing, but I think I had a root decline as well when mites hit. The mites, and the following treatment have almost claimed all of my mothers, but luckily I had clones of each strain. Unfortunately, the mites hit my clone room as well... so, I'm almost screwed as far as keeping perpetually vegging plants.

I will say that new clones do get 24/0 until rooted, then GLR for the rest of veg time until the go into the flower box. That seems to work very well in reducing the transition as well as stretch.

My collected data points to a mother greater than 9 months of age. I had a Green Fluffy Bunnies give out after 12 months. It's still hanging in there. I changed lighting for my mothers to 24 hours for 3 weeks to completely destroy the flowering hormone, then reduced it to 18/6, and that's where they will stay. The Green Fluffy Bunnies has stopped growing, but I think I had a root decline as well when mites hit. The mites, and the following treatment have almost claimed all of my mothers, but luckily I had clones of each strain. Unfortunately, the mites hit my clone room as well... so, I'm almost screwed as far as keeping perpetually vegging plants.

I will say that new clones do get 24/0 until rooted, then GLR for the rest of veg time until the go into the flower box. That seems to work very well in reducing the transition as well as stretch.

I will back that up 420%! The Big Band and the Power Skunk both started flowering under GLR right around nine months, so I now keep my mom's and root my clones under 20/4 and once the clones are rooted, they go under GLR until I move them to the flower cab, usually within a few weeks. :Namaste:

CURRENT CONDITION OF PINEAPPLE EXPRESS BONSAI MOM

DSCN25161.JPG

:bitingnails:

Thank you for adding to that. I now have enough collected data to submit as proof of what at first was only my experience... You are one of 10, myself included, to experience the same thing. It seems my thoughts have now been proven through the experiences of 9 others. 83% of those known to use GLR for their mothers.... the others have not reached the 9-month mark, yet. I need to go see some people... or call them maybe...

Again, thank you.

CURRENT CONDITION OF PINEAPPLE EXPRESS BONSAI MOM

DSCN25161.JPG

:bitingnails:

bummer Kripster

I've not seen many plants come back from that. Keep misting, it might help. I think what happened is the whole root mass dried out and all the root hairs shriveled. She might recover, but it will be awhile. I've done that to plants, and can't honestly say I've ever recovered one. If you have no clones of that phono, then do what you have to, but if you still have the genes, I'd give it a week to comeback.

I guess that's better than losing the crop. It sounds like the rest of the plants are all doing well, so hopefully you can manage to use all those to fill in the gaps. :)

Hey Mr. K, I would cut some branches off to lighten the load on the roots(and or defoliate some fans), silica is good, if you have any B1 for stress that would be good to add as well. It will probably make it in a week or so since there were no crispy leaves. Next time you may want to look into some watering devices, work via a tube and a clay "point" you place in the pot. You fill a reservoir w/ water/nutes and prime the tubing/clay point with the liquid. As the plant dries out, is sucks the liquid from the reservoir. They are pretty cheap and really do work. If you can't find them at your local store, I'll try to get a name for you.

Just google for "self watering ceramic probes" mine are made by Blumat, like 15 bucks for 5 of them. They definitely would work for a plant that size, for bigger plants you use multiple per plant (all can feed from the same reservoir).

Thanks, Bro's! :thanks:

I'm not sure she'll even be worth saving versus just turning one of her clones (of which I have plenty!) into a new mom.

OG, I believe the main ingredient in SuperThrive is B1, so I do have that covered! :high-five:

The White Fruit seed popped and, rather than putting her in a Rapid Rooter, I put her straight into a soil mix, since she'll be another mom.

The Royal Carmel seedling turns out to be real lanky. Like it was stretching massively, although I had it close to the lights. I'll probably let it grow out a little and take some clones from it to flower, but I have some other seeds of that strain and may be better off with a different pheno.

That being said, the two strains from the last order I've been most excited about are the White Fruit, which I just popped, and the LA Woman. So, I'm gonna start soaking the LA Woman seed soon and if I can get some good phenos of those two strains, I should be happy for a while, although, I'll have to try the Mango soon, too! :)

So many strains... so little space in the flowering room :rofl: :winkyface:

Well replace her krip white fruit sounds good your PE lasted longer than mine, my PE started distorting and throwing one fingered leaves under glr in about 3 or 4 months so I culled her out wish I would have ordered a few of her.

Gosh, so sorry to hear about the PE mom. I really really hope she makes a recovery for ya.

Back
Top Bottom