SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

Looking good I had problems with germinating seeds also. Im so use to cloning now that sprouting beans just seems impossible

I'm with you 420% on that, Bro! :high-five:

Cloning is much easier, quicker, and less stress than germinating seeds. Unfortunately, the only way I have to figure out what I want to take clones from is to germinate some seeds! :)

It's always more stressful to me since I usually only have something like 1-5 seeds of ANY strain I'm hoping to get a mom from. Once I have a mom, I can take dozens of clones and it's easy to maintain the strain. On the other hand, assuming, for example, the LA Woman doesn't germinate, in addition to the $10, or so, down the drain, it will mean that I'm not gonna be growing ANY LA Woman unless/until I make another seed order, which will be probably 2-3 years from now because of my cloning. If I'm ordering ealier than that, either there was some growroom disaster, or I couldn't find any strains I wanted to grow out of the last order!

It's not so much that the seed didn't germinate... it's the NOT having the strain at all that really stresses me out! :)

Hello Mr Krip!
Congrats on the been poppage!
Just wanted to drop in say hi, and join up for the rest of the grow!
reps!
:thumb:

MR. KRIP'S PERPETUAL GROW SCHEDULE MANAGER

I've had several requests for copies of the spreadsheet I use to track my perpetual grow.

If you missed it, there's info on it in THIS POST.

:420: has now made it available for download by the members here:

Mr. Krip's Grow Schedule Manager Download

:Namaste:

QUICK UPDATE - I AM STILL ALIVE! :)

Wow! I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted here! :thedoubletake:

First, I hope everyone had a great 420 holiday and my heart goes out to those that got caught up in the BS that happened in Denver.

Just as a quick update, things are still going strong, but very slow the last few weeks since my big Pineapple Express mom died while I was away. I did turn one of her clones into a new mom that is starting to give clones, and have been taking a couple of clones here-and-there from the smaller Power Skunk and Big Band moms, as they're available.

But, from the new seed purchase a few months ago, I now have some more small moms including Royal Queen Caramel, White Fruit, and Mango, and a DNA Silver LA. I've given all of them a UBT and have the tops rooting. The cutting from the Caramel, which was started a week or two before the others from seed and the first to get UBT'd, has already rooted nicely and is in a mini-hempy vegging.

Once the moms get a little more mature, I'll parade them out for a photo shoot.

By the time I get to sample the new clones, all the moms will be big enough that I'll definately have to make some tough decisions, because I really don't have the space for seven moms! :)

Happy Harvests!

K

Glad you're alive Mr Krip :blalol:

THIS MADE ME SMILE! :)

I absolutely love this story! :yahoo:

WASHINGTON JUDGE TELLS POLICE TO RETURN MARIJUANA

(AP) Wash. judge tells police to return marijuana
TACOMA, Wash.
Police in Tacoma could soon be in real trouble over pot.

The department could be found in contempt if they continue to refuse to return a small amount of marijuana seized from a man after a traffic stop. Municipal Court Judge Jack Emery repeated an order to police Thursday to return the drug to Joseph L. Robertson within seven days or they could be found in contempt.

"Appeal or comply," Emery told assistant city attorney John Walker. "Or next week, show up, and I would advise you to bring counsel."

The judge first ordered police to return the drug on Feb. 28, but they have refused, The News Tribune reported Friday ( The News Tribune - Judge again orders Tacoma police to return man's pot (print)).

It was seized in May of last year when an officer pulled over the Tacoma man for speeding. He was cited for driving without a license and misdemeanor marijuana possession. Prosecutors dismissed the drug charge in December, after state voters decided to legalize small amounts of the drug.

Robertson then asked for his pot back, and provided proof of medical marijuana authorization. The city refused, which led to Emery's Feb. 28 order. If the matter is not settled by the May 2 hearing, it could go to higher courts.

The pot is now in the possession of the Pierce County sheriff's department, which operates the property room for seized evidence. Deputies won't give it to Robertson.

"It's Tacoma's case," said sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer. "If they want it, they can come and get it."

Although the judge said he thinks "there's contemptuous behavior here," Emery added that the case was "a quagmire," due to the conflicting provisions of state and federal law.

Happy Harvests!

K

Think it will still be any good?

I would ask for it back too though. It's the principle. I'd be hoping they didn't comply so the case could escalate.
I wonder if they are intentionally dragging their feet to see this case go to the federal level. A federal judge wouldn't be able to uphold this verdict based on federal law. hmmm....

fucking prohibition!

ANOTHER QUICK UPDATE

I know...What good is an update with no pics, right? I will get some posted soon, just waiting to be ready for the SOG "reset" with the new strains.

In my last update a week ago, the four new mother strains including Caramel, White Fruit, Mango, and Silver LA, had all received their first topping and the top from the Caramel, being the first of the new strains to get germinated/rooted/topped, had already rooted and was in a mini-hempy.

At this point, the tops from all four of the strains have rooted and are in mini-hempys and the Caramel has given up another two clones.

So, although most of the moms are still relatively small, at least I have enough of them where my clone shortage is over and I should be back up to full pace in a few more weeks.

I'm definately anxious to try some new strains since I've basically been smoking the same three strains for about two years now! Luckily, at least they're some good strains! :)

I'll get some pics up in another week or two when the new clones and moms get a little more mature.

Happy Harvests!

K

QUICK UPDATE - PICS THIS TIME!

Time for another quick update and, this time, I do have just a couple of pics...

All four of the new Moms have now given at least three clones each (topped twice). I've taken four from the Mango and the Caramel has actually given about 8-9, but I've only rooted six, since I now have plenty of clones and, although they're still small, I have enough Mom's to keep the clones flowing, as needed.

Here's a pic of the seven Bonsai moms along with six clones I just took this morning, including three Caramel, one Mango, and two Silver LA. The older moms are in the back row and, left-to-right, they are the Big Band, Power Skunk, and Pineapple Express. The newer moms are in the front row and, left-to-right, they are the White Fruit, Caramel, Silver LA, and Mango:

DSCN26343.JPG

Here's the veg side of the cab which has about 18 clones in there now:

DSCN26372.JPG

I have another four Power Skunk clones that have just rooted that aren't in either of these pics, and I'm still contemplating whether or not to just toss them, since I'd rather flower some of the newer strains and I don't believe I'll have room to flower them all.

I didn't take any pics of the flower tent this morning. I only have 13 plants in there now, which is far from the 24 it will hold, but in another couple of weeks, or so, most of the above clones will have been moved to the flower tent, and it should be full once again, and I should be back on pace with the grow.

I'll get some individual pics posted of the new strains sometime soon.

Happy Harvests!

K

Nice to see ya back atter Mr. Krip!
This is going to be another textbook example of how it's done.

:popcorn:

Looking good Mr. Krip! I'm just glad you are back in action again. Mighty fine strains. :peace:

Good to see you are still churning and burning.

Nice to see ya back atter Mr. Krip!
This is going to be another textbook example of how it's done.

:popcorn:

Thanks, Bro's! :thanks:

The first clone from the new strains, a Caramel, went into the flower tent today. I should have the first White Fruit and first Mango going in sometime this week, too.

I am definately getting excited to sample some of these new strains! :yahoo:

As I start "weeding" out some of the moms to make room as they get bigger (I don't think I can maintain seven moms in the 2'x2' chamber I use for moms and rooting new cuttings), I suspect the Caramel will be the first to go, unless she's absolutely fantastic, since I have four more Caramel seeds available. And, as much as I've enjoyed the Pineapple Express, I've had a lot of it in the last couple years and still have another PE seed stashed, so that one will probably get culled, too.

I definately have some HIGH hopes for the White Fruit, Mango, and Silver LA; and, although it's not a huge producer, I'm really glad I decided to keep the Power Skunk since it is such a great strain! :yummy:

Just wanna second the previous comments Mr. K., it is good to see ya getting back on top. You've always been a steady grower, and I know you love it. Good vibes to you buddy:Namaste:

Just wanna second the previous comments Mr. K., it is good to see ya getting back on top. You've always been a steady grower, and I know you love it. Good vibes to you buddy:Namaste:

Hey Brother Quix! Great to see you! :high-five:

I see you've decided to join Brother X and write on staffs for :420:, or is that writing with staffs? I can never figure that out! :) Either way, congrat's on the new position!

I've still been going steady, it's just been SLOW & steady since the beginning of March when I had to go away for a few days and lost my big PE Mom and a few of the girls in flower. I've been pretty much "limping" along since then as these new strains have been growing. Now, I'm finally in position to start picking the pace back up!

How's things by you? Whatcha' got growing on, these days?

Back
Top Bottom