Bassplayers DIY+Tent Grow 2011 - Multiple Strains in Airpots & DIY DWC

re: Bassplayers DIY+Tent Grow 2011 - Multiple Strains in Airpots & DIY DWC

Hi Buddy :)

I'll join the crowd....That grow tent is awesome.....think I said that before, but it's still true. Every plant you have looks totally healthy! :grinjoint:

As I understand it, to make feminized seeds, breeders force a female plant to grow balls and then use the pollen from that plant to fertilize OTHER plants (not itself).

i disagree i think thats where the term "selfing" comes from.

im sure you could take the pollen and use it on another plant if you wanted to do a genetics cross with two different strains. but if you just want to make fem seeds of that strain and its a strong plant i would think youd "self" it to keep the genetics strong.

It is very rare to find those seeds. I had the same thing happen on a diesel plant I grew. It first grew a tiny yellow banana and then followed by a seed. It only grew 2 that I was able to find and 1 was crud. I think a blinking LED from my wireless router may have caused it? Stress early in the plants development is what I have heard or light leaks is what causes this. I found a seed today in some otherwise seedless purple kush and I'm trying to sprout it right now via paper towel but so far no love. I've also seen where the plant has tiny tiny seeds with hairs growing out of them. I think it is just from stress the plant goes through.

i disagree i think thats where the term "selfing" comes from.

im sure you could take the pollen and use it on another plant if you wanted to do a genetics cross with two different strains. but if you just want to make fem seeds of that strain and its a strong plant i would think youd "self" it to keep the genetics strong.

I think your both right, because I'm pretty sure that they take the male pollen, which they got from stressing the female to the point of turning hermie, whether it be by a chemical or environmental process, and use it to pollinate another female plant. This other plant would usually just be a clone of the same plant, in orderto keep the genetics strong. I would think they would do this rather than using the plant that was stressed to produce male pollen. I don't think the seeds would be able to mature if it were pollinated by itself, but I could be wrong.

A little overdue (im crazy sick right now, so not much is much fun), but here we are at the end of week 2 of veg for the dwc and soil, and start of week 1 for the coco.

I did a complete drain of both tubs on sunday, its quite easy with the drains i put in...
DSC_1339.JPG
DSC_1340.JPG

Heres the roots from the Diesel Haze...
DSC_1344.JPG

And from Kromes The White...
DSC_1345.JPG

This is the big room...3 medijuana at the back have really bounced back ok, I pruned the middle low stuff from them today, a bit of supercropping and lst...

DSC_1349.JPG

I have 4 clones (on the left in pic, have gone into 1 liter airpots with plagron coco mixed with perlite, using plagron coco nutes...The 3 on the left are in soil(some leftover allmix) At least 2 of these will be grown with Humate Supreme, possibly the 3rd if she survive...I ended up with these 6-7 from 9...I think my cloning gel may be old and thats why they took so long to root this time around. Mom didnt survive the chop btw, but I will get another going shortly...

This is Kromes The White, indica also at 2 weeks, well 16 days...
DSC_1351.JPG

I topped her today as you can see in the reflection from the reflector :)
DSC_1352.JPG

This is just a close up of my diy dwc viewing window...I marked the liters in, great for checkin bubbles, roots and nute levels...
DSC_1353.JPG

And here is the Diesel Haze today, also 16 days of veg....the first pics in this post are from sunday, just 2 days of growth, Im switching them to 12/12 in the next day or so, my growshop guy who gave me the seeds recommended I go straight to 12/12, hope I dont run out of space...The one to the left is a slightly bigger plant, already im wondering if they are boys or girls....The tubs I use fit exactly a aluminum baking tray, so I use them for my lids...cheap enough to othrow away and I can make holes 1, 2 or 3 each time...I already changed the one in these pics from how they were on sunday....I changed the position of the airline holes and added a hole for topping up, I use a neoprene puck to keep out the light and hold the name tag :)
DSC_1354.JPG
DSC_1355.JPG

I hope to be better and have more energy in the coming days and weeks
:peacetwo: and :Namaste:

Looking great, Bass! :goodjob:

I was waiting for an update from you! :)

I hope you feel better! :cheer:

Hopein u feel as good as your plants look ya i get sick an tired of being sick an tired:peacetwo:

First, Thanks all for your "get well vibes", not quite there yet but making progress I think...I hope no-one is offended that Im skipping the individual replies right now...I sure do appreciate the visits :)

So just for now here is a update of the Diesel Haze. Drained and replenished nutes yesterday, cut out B52, so just using GMB 4ml/l and root juice2ml/l, also switcehd out one of the 125W 6500 cfl for a 200W 2700, and added 4 23W 2700s...have just over 400W total cfls putting out approx 27000lm... Yep made the switch to 12/12 on these girls after just 3 weeks veg...here they are at the end of day 1, flower...All they've had is a little training with some wire...oh, and I took 2 clones from each and put em in the new nursery...just in case one turns out to be a boy...the one on the left is definately more bushy than the one on the right, but height wise they are identical pretty much...

DSC_1369.JPG
DSC_1370.JPG
DSC_13721.JPG
DSC_13711.JPG

Other side of the tent is still vegging, I'll update on that shortly...
:Namaste:

Good job Bass, nice and clean and organized as always! Keep it p bro!

and onto the MH veg side of the Tent ...

DSC_13722.JPG

First up...3 medijuana in soil at the back, Kromes The White at 3 weeks in the dwc on the left, shes been topped and now some lst...I pulled her off center of the light to help with training...

Next...close up of medijuana clones at 8 days veg, 4 on the left in coco and 2 on the right in soil, these each have had 1 Humate Supreme starter tab and are fed with Humate nutrient tea.
DSC_13701.JPG

Lst and some bendz on The White
DSC_13731.JPG

View how she faces up to the light...really BIG leaves huh :)
DSC_13712.JPG

This is my old cabinet, upended and turned into a makeshift nursery/veg space. I wired 2 sockets in on 2 shelves,
DSC_13751.JPG
DSC_13741.JPG

right now I just have a 45W 6500 cfl in there keeping some cuttings happy in a makeshift home since sunday...(need some clonex then I get em into some bubbles)...
I took 2 cuttings from each of the Diesel Haze (still dont know the sex) and 2 cuttings from Kromes The White...

This is how they are under the dome...
DSC_1377.JPG

And a little space to see the little beggars a bit better :)
DSC_1378.JPG

I know its only been 2 days but Im keepin a close eye on the Diesel Haze for signs of boys or girls bits...:)
:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom