Bassplayers DIY+Tent Grow 2011 - Multiple Strains in Airpots & DIY DWC

re: Bassplayers DIY+Tent Grow 2011 - Multiple Strains in Airpots & DIY DWC

A little distraction from progress in the tent....

I was prepping some meds earlier today, taking this nug from my last grow out the jar where shes been since last january...

Anybody seen anything like this before?
:Namaste:

I've had this happen - I think it's pretty common in the grand scheme of things. I'm guessing somehow there was a hermie that probably only pollenated one or two buds - I have ended up with, literally, a few seeds from a grow before. Last harvest I found 3 seeds, only one of which actually looked fairly mature like yours above. All three seeds came from 2 buds next to each other. Nothing else seemed affected. I'm guessing you may have another seed or two in that bud - maybe underdeveloped...

I've had this happen - I think it's pretty common in the grand scheme of things. I'm guessing somehow there was a hermie that probably only pollenated one or two buds - I have ended up with, literally, a few seeds from a grow before. Last harvest I found 3 seeds, only one of which actually looked fairly mature like yours above. All three seeds came from 2 buds next to each other. Nothing else seemed affected. I'm guessing you may have another seed or two in that bud - maybe underdeveloped...

Nope...the rest of the bud was clean :tokin:

Thanks for the info tho, I literally reaped what I sowed...so far all my plants have been from one seed, now I got another (to go with the 5 others I still have:))...Is is a female seed would you know?
:peacetwo:

I would say its a female, because there were only females in your grow, therefore the parents would have to be both female, so only female genes can be passed on. People will proberly say that it could go hermie, but I would say its unlikely, I'm guessing that one of the plants maybe got stressed out a little and grew a nanner, thus pollanating that bud. But, I am certanly not an expert on this, so I could be wrong.

Im just about to transplant my seedlings into their new DWC homes...

**Does Anybody Know Why AN Nutrient Calculator Shows 956ppm in Week 1**
I thought the target max in wk 1 was 4-500ppm?
I hope someone can help me out kinda quick before I kill my babies...

I will be using G/M/B base with hobbyist bundle add ons...in a 8 liters/2 gallons bubbler..(tho im using biobizz root juice in place of voodoo juice (recd. by my growshop guy who says voodoo juice will be too violent for my small size DWC)
I dont have a ppm/tds meter, just a EC meter where 1ppm=0,5uS/cm
Any help will be so much appreciated

A little distraction from progress in the tent....

I was prepping some meds earlier today, taking this nug from my last grow out the jar where shes been since last january...
DSC_1142.JPG

I harvested 4 plants at the same time, have sampled all of them, and as you can see from above, they are curing nicely....

So imagine my surprise, when without any warning or signs throughout the grow of what might occur...this little gem fell out...
DSC_1145.JPG

I dont get it...the 4 plants from my last grow were all from the same bonsai mom, which was a clone from my first female seed....

heres a couple more pics, the pod is in the nug just above the seed in the pics...
DSC_1146.JPG
DSC_1136.JPG

Anybody seen anything like this before?

That's happened to me before too BP. I had about a full lb of White Widow that had grown with no hermies to my knowledge but i found 4 seeds later in some colas right around the same spot you found that one.

Nope...the rest of the bud was clean :tokin:

Thanks for the info tho, I literally reaped what I sowed...so far all my plants have been from one seed, now I got another (to go with the 5 others I still have:))...Is is a female seed would you know?
:peacetwo:

It's probably a female seed. What you basically did was make a female seed like breeders would. It should have the same traits as any female seed. I just read up on this somewhere in the last week or so - they do have a higher frequency of hermaphrodite tendencies, but odds are still overwhelmingly in your favor that it's a healthy female seed. Bonus!!! :high-five:

Bud and P*ssy. whats better than that? lol
anyway . Nice ass tent . Im jealous :popcorn:

Bass, it will be a female seed... It's a natural thing the female will do to try to carry on her bloodline for another year.. Some will pop a seed or two and it is not how breeders do it. It is how mother nature does it... I am 100% on seeds that have been gained this way.. If you would have found ten, then you would most likely have a plant that popped a banana or two..... Save it and grow it, it will be a lady...

Bass, it will be a female seed... It's a natural thing the female will do to try to carry on her bloodline for another year.. Some will pop a seed or two and it is not how breeders do it. It is how mother nature does it... I am 100% on seeds that have been gained this way.. If you would have found ten, then you would most likely have a plant that popped a banana or two..... Save it and grow it, it will be a lady...

"...A method used by organic growers and promulgated by the Cannabis breeder Soma, is called 'Rodelization', or letting un-pollinated female plants live several weeks longer than the normal harvest time. In such plants a hermaphroditic trait self-expresses in an effort to continue the genetic line.
Some vendors of feminized seeds assert that hermaphroditic "parents" do not create reliable feminized seeds, since the offspring may retain this tendency. Others believe the fact that this method utilizes auto hermaphroditic traits is offset by grower observations that the tendency to auto-switch sex is not great in plants grown from seeds made this way, and the fact that it occurs naturally without effort on the part of the cultivator...."

This is what, in essence, I think you had happen. I am interpreting that Be Irie would agree on this.

I believe Irie is right that this is not at all as popular for breeding as using Colloidal silver, etc. But it is done this way occasionally - at least if I'm understanding my research correctly - I am not at all experienced in these matters, so I'd defer to Be Irie every day - that guy can flat grow! Just me trying to relate things I'm trying to pick up along the way for future use. :)

Best - X

As I understand it, to make feminized seeds, breeders force a female plant to grow balls and then use the pollen from that plant to fertilize OTHER plants (not itself).

Hi BassPlayer ! :grinjoint:

You already know I love your tent. Great to see it in action. Sure looking forward to this grow. All is going just as planed and is looking good.
Modified an airpot? You can get more out of em for sure. We'll keep it secret
for now!
:)

Hey BassPlayer

Love the new tent! Looking forward to watching this new grow!:goodluck:

Keep up the good work Bro' :blunt::ganjamon:

Awesome stuff dude! New grow, new tent, new gear, new strains, new cats!! Life's looking pretty good your way it seems! Very nice job on everything!! Looking forward to seeing what you produce with those new strains!! GO DIESEL HYBRID!!
Much Aloha Bass

I had a lot on so havent been here much the past days, m y apologies and thanks to you all for sticking around:Namaste:

So here we are at the end of veg week 1.
I've already changed the layout of the veg/cfl room...I dont need the drying part til I have something needs drying, so the medijuana clones now sit up there.
DSC_1272.JPG
DSC_1273.JPG

I have 7 still, 2 have roots through the cubes, the others are just taking their time, but still alive for sure.

To the right in first pic I have the 2 sativa Diesel Haze, from seed and hopefully female. In a week they took 1 liter from 7 so i drained to 5 and added 2 with 3/4 strength nutes /advanced nutrients GMB, B52, Biobizz root juice. pH is 5.6 and ppm around 800. (If im learning these calculations correctly)
DSC_1274.JPG
DSC_1275.JPG

Around the corner in the flower/indica room, tho being used for veg for this grow with a 400W MH GIB growth bulb...looks like this...
DSC_1264.JPG
DSC_1271.JPG

The 3 medijuana in airpots have been supercropped/lst , each has 2 right angles in the stem so far, they seem to be doing well considering the stress they have been through up to now...
This one is at the back left in group pic
DSC_1268.JPG

And last but by no means least, Kromes The White, she took a half liter also, so I drained another half and added 1 more...she has a 6 liter level, whereas the other 2 share 7...I know this is female, and I can feel the excitement building already....:)
DSC_1265.JPG
DSC_1278.JPG

And this is how things look overall...lights are now on 18/6...I hope to see ore roots in the remaining clones in the next day or so, otherwise my whole schedule is gonna get completely screwed...Til next time...
DSC_1276.JPG

Bass things are looking great. Your cab is excellent, hope I can learn so of your LST techniques to incorporatein my new grow.

Hey Bass. things are looking great so far. I love how clean and organized you keep everything, SO important in a good grow! Keep it up Bro!
Peace,
NEPharmer

Back
Top Bottom