1st Time Stealth DIY Cabinet Grow- Hydro/T-5/LED Pineapple Express & Kannabia Special

Re: 1st Time Stealth DIY Cabinet Grow- Hydro/T-5/LED Pineapple Express & Kannabia Spe

Turrtle, yeah, I've been thinking about starting one either in soil or a hempy bucket and using it as a mother to take clones from. Still not sure how I'm going to go yet...

UPDATE: Pina's demise MAY have been prematurely stated. Now I really wish I had taken pic's this morning so you could see the difference, but I was too upset about losing her. She may still not make it, but has definately made a MAJOR improvement since this morning. I think she likes getting her roots bubbled - I know I do! :grinjoint:

Oh...one more thing...I hadn't received the DMGZ yet, but UPS showed it out for delivery since 1/17, so I tracked it again and it now says it was damaged in shipment and discarded, and they are going to contact the seller to notify them. I'm wondering how they destroy a plastic bottle of nutes in shipment?

Re: 1st Time Stealth DIY Cabinet Grow- Hydro/T-5/LED Pineapple Express & Kannabia Spe

Dude, I have order from 2 or 3 placed online for nutes & additives, never had an issue. Thay pack that shit is peanuts & on top of it being a fairly thick plastic bottle! Jesus, did they play football with it!:oops::sorry:

Ps-hoping for pina!! I say rise up little plant in the name of hydroponics raise thee self I say!!! LOL Talk at you later & hope pina makes it!! ~H~

Yeah...I'm a little "paranoid" about it myself, but let's see what the vendor has to say. Maybe the cap wasn't on tight and everything just spilled???

Any liquids I have ordered the last few years (usually pet related) have come with taped lids and in ziplocks.... really makes me wonder what happened to your package.

Good luck with Pina~~

Me, too. I've ordered a bunch of nutes and they always tape the caps shut. And I'm not in a legal state, and I ordered seeds using my credit card (not shipped to my address), which is why I'm getting paranoid (oh...I forgot...all that PLUS the quality vape time I've been spending is making me paranoid!).

A question about vaporizers, if I may ask? Can you vape tobacco, or the ecigarettes liquid? I need to quit and thought this might be helpful.

Hey Krip - There is a chance that your package may have been damaged in sorting. I have worked around this type of machine before while employed at a big box distribution center. The sorting belt, or "merge" as it was referred to in the DC's, is basically a giant computer controlled conveyor system that ran all through the entire warehouse...something on the order of 3 miles of belt. The belt was made of long metal slats that had a plastic wedge in the middle. Boxes drop on the belt, then the computer scans the barcodes and records their exact position on the belt. As the packages are conveyed around the DC, they are continuously scanned. When the package nears its exit point from the conveyor system, several things happen; the package is scanned one final time and position is recorded one final time as well. Further down the merge, a door will open on either side of the main belt to divert the package to its destination. As the package moves towards this open door, the plastic wedges begin to push the package either left or right. When the package nears the door, the wedges give one last good shove and the package is then carried down a roller rack to its shipping door.
Here, check this out to get an idea..

This one has a much better example of the high-speed sorters that UPS uses;

Long story, incredible setup, I know. Now that you have a good mental picture, imagine what would happen if the wedges failed to push the package all the off the main belt.... Typically, boxes are on this belt end-to-end.... Picture a car accident on an expressway with bumper to bumper traffic.... So when the merge gets jammed, it always results in an enormous mess, and packages are always damaged when this happens. During one holiday shipping season, I once saw a 52" projection TV get thrown off the main line due to a jam. Oh, and these main sorting belts are usually suspended on a catwalk no less than 25 feet in the air.

No sweat. Sorry for the long post, but I hope I helped. :rollit:

A question about vaporizers, if I may ask? Can you vape tobacco, or the ecigarettes liquid? I need to quit and thought this might be helpful.

:bong::roorrip::bongrip:

Yes you can & is much better for you! Especially since it would be roll your own & not a major cig maker, so less additives! Used to smoke cigs for year quit with Zyban in '98. I also have also Da budda Vape, Happy Grows ~H~

Chrgrs is correct. You CAN vape tobacco, people do use it to help quit, and it will be a much healthier way to ingest the tobacco. In fact, vaping is the EXACT same concept that the "electric cigarettes" use. You can vape off the nicotine without getting all the tar and other additives.

Hey Krip - There is a chance that your package may have been damaged in sorting...

Smokey, I understand this and thanks for the info. However, the tracking info showed it out for delivery on the 17th and then damaged in transit on the 18th which leads me to believe it was damaged while on the truck on it's way to me. If it never made it to the truck, this would make more sense to me. Unless, they mark it out for delivery before it makes it to the truck, which I can't imagine is correct, but maybe?

Thanks guys for the info. I intend to try it. Need to get rid of the bad stuff. Even if I continue to smoke from a vape.

Well, at any rate, I am sending positive vibes your way.

Yes sir! And it is GREATLY apprecated! :thanks:

UPDATE: I moved Pina to soil to see if I can save her since she had gotten worse again over night, but on a brighter side, the LS* sprouted. It still has the shell on which I'll remove tomorrow if she doesn't lose it herself by then. I'm going to NOT move this into hydro until I see some roots out of the cube.

I also moved the new PE seed I started soaking yesterday to the rockwool cube (F*CK STG!) I've also had soaking since yesterday in PH 5.5 water with some rooting powder mixed in. I will let the seed germinate in the cube rather than paper towels and see what happens.

New journal will be starting soon. Stay tuned!

I almost forgot to mention...a buddy of mine is going to try to bring me some clones later tonight to play wth. They're just some good bagseed, but at least it's something to play with!

BIG UPDATE:

My buddy came through like I cannot believe! He said he'd bring me a couple of bagseed clones to play with, but instead he dropped off four nicely rooted plants, that need a little TLC, but are basically ready to put into flower! :slide:

Also, I was pleased to find out they're not just any bagseed, but two Royal Haze and two Afghani Kush!!!
:party:

So, I will be starting the new journal tomorrow, but first, let me introduce you to the yet to be named girls:

Here's a family shot:

donation1.jpg

And here's Royal Haze #1:

hz1_2011-01-22_01.jpg

Check out the stem on this girl!

hz1_2011-01-22_02.jpg

You need to look carefully, but there's pre-flowers on all the plants!

hz1_2011-01-22_04.jpg

hz1_2011-01-22_03.jpg

Here's Royal Haze #2:

hz2_2011-01-22_01.jpg

This girl's stalk is even bigger - like a tree trunk!

hz2_2011-01-22_02.jpg

She's got pre-flowers, but tough to focus on:

hz2_2011-01-22_03.jpg

hz2_2011-01-22_04.jpg

Here's Afghani Kush #1:

ak1_2011-01-22_01.jpg

Some of her pre-flowers:

ak1_2011-01-22_02.jpg

And here's Afghani Kush #2

ak2_2011-01-22_01.jpg

Showing her sex - she's such a slut!

ak2_2011-01-22_02.jpg

ak2_2011-01-22_04.jpg

Finally, I mentioned the plants need a little TLC whch you can probably see in many of the other pics, but here's some of what I'm dealiing with. I was told they were "off to the side" and didn't get much light, but it does look like nute burn to me:

ak_2011-01-22_01.jpg

ak_2011-01-22_02.jpg

hz_2011-01-22_01.jpg

hz_2011-01-22_02.jpg

OK...So now I have some real issues to deal with. I was only planning on keeping two plants (the PE & LS*) and now I have four nice strains but can probably only flower two at any given time - and even two is probably pushing it. Also, these came rooted in some big rockwool cubes that won't even fit in the 3.5" netpots, so I'll most likely need to put at least two of them in the waterfarms. Finally, I'm already smelling these plants, so odor control wll be an issue sooner rather than later. I haven't hooked up the carbon filter yet, but have a feeling it won't be long. Frankly, I'm just happy to have some actual plants in the cabinet.

I appreciate everyone's help and will need a lot more to get these girls healthy again and into flower. I'll post a link to the new journal once it's started.

OW heck yah krip awsome.Yes I would check for bugs or mites and pute those directly in your water farm under your drip asap 2 in each and string them down tlc style.Mix nutes as recomended @ about 300 to start and they will perk right up.IMO I would keep your seeds going on bubbles with your cloaner and should be ready by the time the cloans are about done...Cool deal krip.:yahoo:

Turrtle, thanx bro! Do you really think I can flower two plants in a single waterfarm? Or 4 plants in about 4 sq. ft.? I believe the res only holds two gallons of water and in flower they can drink a gallon or more per day. I've seen some serious trees come out of the waterfarms (not that I'll be able to do it! :) ). I think I may move one Haze & one Kush to hempy's or soil to try to keep them as mothers, flower the other two once they get healthy again, and as you said, use the cloner for the seedlings.

I figure it will be something like 60-75 days before I can harvest the first two, which is probably too much time even for the seedlings to veg, but at the rate I've been going, I'm not "counting my chickens" yet on the seedlings.

I will definately start LSTing the clones right away, since they're already pretty big.

I'm definately short on space in the veg chamber right now with 4 plants plus two seedlings, plus what's left of Pina (she'll probably get trashed in the morning). This, however, is a much better problem to have than the ones I've had so far!

Back
Top Bottom