Scrog Waterfarm Grow

Thanks for the poem Gator! I am hoping to make it a true screen of green by tonight. Just need to build one more screen and attach them both to the frame. Hope to have pics up tonight!

Hi HealingKronic thanks for stopping by. The cuttings were left in the tray about two weeks after rooting and have been in the system for about 21 days now. With transplant shock/over fertilizing when I transfered them to the waterfarms I am at least a week behind. I should be flipping over to 12/12 in another two to three weeks. Since this is only half the space that they will flower under I really want them to pack this screen full. Then I will transfer eight out of here to the other table, leaving eight. I hope that during the stretch they will fill in the rest of the area.

Hi Soniq420. I would be happy with 30% RH. My Hygrometer only reads down to 20% RH. Right now it is unable to generate a reading. Therefore all I know is my RH is below 20%. I can see that as the plants are filling in they are making there own little microclimate, As I am really trying to pack this screen with vegetation I am not worried about the RH right now. It has definitely negatively affected the plants however when they were smaller.

Okay x-mas shopping is done, no family obligation tonight. Therefore like I said I am hoping to have more pics up by tonight showing off my new screens.

Hi Roc, thanks for the comments. Im hoping it will be mounds of buds, but still have a long way to go.

Here is the update I promised. It is now officially a scrog grow! First pics before the screens went up.

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2787.JPG

IMG_27901.JPG

IMG_2789.JPG

And now with the screen :cheer:

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

IMG_2799.JPG

I went a little crazy with the camera. Well hope everyone is having a great holiday and wish everyone a happy new year!!

:peace:

SICK!!!!! Im sooooo jelous right now!! right on bro im stoked for you!

cheers m8!

:welcome: Eagle1 and dahcwon thank you for the positive comments and glad to have you on board.

Hey HealingKronic unfortunately I haven't been able to get pics lately but in the last few days it has really turned into a jungle! They are really starting to branch and getting to the point of crowding each other out.

Charon187 thanks. It is getting a bit stressful as I have never done scrog before and this is a large project to take on. Watching your progress I can't wait to see your green take off! lol if you can't tell I was pretty impressed with my buddies green.

Update this is quite chaotic time for me so I will not be able to update with pics for a few more days. As I have mentioned the girls are starting to crowd each other out and it is time to separate them. In the next few days I will put 8 to a table and the way things are looking I should be flipping them in the next week or so.

I finally got my pH under control. Phosphoric acid does the job a lot better than nitric acid. I was using probably 5 times more nitric acid than I am using phosphoric acid. Once I switched my pH stabilized in a few days to 5.7. In my res I am using a combination of optimum 2 part, floranova veg for my nutrients and seaweed, humic acid, fulvic acid for supplements. I am going to try floralicious plus I think. Once I switch to flower i will start using my salt fertilizer for the base and add in floranova bloom as I have a lot of it kicking around.

Okay I apologize to all who are following but bare with me for the next week and things should settle down then and I will be updating on a more regular basis.

RW

Quick update. Well after fighting with the drip system, I am revamping it. The drip system is leaking from the connection between the emitters and tube. Since this is on flat tables water pools instead of drains. The tables are designed to drain water back to the reservior in the case of a flood, didn't think about designing them to deal with a slow drip. Just a stupid mistake I should have anticipated. Got the right hardware and will be installing it in the next few days. I have learned that this system if very forgiving. I have shut off the drip system due to the leeking and am able to get away with hand watering it every 8 hours. We had power issues that with the help of a electrician we got under control. Split the girls up. They are now on two tables. The PK are now on the tables as well. Did this to get them use to the Waterfarm system. After they rooted I was growing them in plastic cups filled with perlite. My buddy and I are working on getting a new home for the Purple Kush. Once that is done we will be flipping the C99. I have been taking pics so once I get a stable connection I will post them.

RW

Hey onthe420train,

Sorry to take so long to reply I don't have a internet connection right now and wanted to read your thread before I answered. I would have to say no I do not think you would benefit your grow unless you want to reduce your number of plants and build individual screens.

Here is a good time to explain why I have choicen to do a scrog grow. I am a designated grower which limites the number of plants I can grow. The patients I am growing for dictate the strain/strains I grow. Since they are happy with me growing C99 I am growing a monoculture. Next grow will be all Purple Kush. SCROG and SOG are both technique to maximize yield designed for monoculture production grows. Both very dependent on uniformity. Therefore I would not recommend them to people who want to grow a diversity of strains. That being said I think you can learn a lot about the concepts of maximizing yields under artifical lights from them. Mainly that artifical light decreases with distance. I do not feel that growing large trees is efficient under artifical light unless they are somehow trained to make sure of maximum utilization of light by the plant. There are verious techinques you can take advantage of that will increase your yields without having to add a screen.

Your grow looks really good. As one person mentioned on your thread some plants look like they are stretching. I would really recommened granny420.

1st Indoor Grow - 9 Strains - Eek!

Just skimmed her grow but it looks amazing for a multi strian grow.

Okay still don't have a secure internet connection so pics are going to have to wait, but don't worry I am taking pics. I am worried that I have over vegged them. I am glad that I have 1000W HPS because I have a feeling that this isn't going to be a true scrog but more a scrog till the screen is filled then let them just let them grow. Not ideal but will be fun to see who it all unfolds.

......waiting for pics............:surf:

i love finding problems and fixing em dont you?

Hey Charon187 pics are going to have to wait a bit longer. I have been taking a bunch of pics but just don't have a stable internet connection at present. I hope to have that corrected by the end of the week, but we will have to see.

lol it all depends on the problem. It is always satisfying when a problem is solved. I love trying to maximize my grow room to make the happiest, healthiest plants I can. I don't like fixing problems because I did something stupid to start with, like the drip lines! Should have just done it right the first time, but ended up wasting a lot of time trying to fix it before realizing what I am doing was a huge waste of time compared to the $20 in hardware to do it properly lol

Hopefully I helped a bit onthe420train. I think these forums are great way to learn. Just find a few people who are doing similar to what you want to do and then modify it to your needs.

Okay so we are starting flowering as of two days ago. I swapped out one res today and filled it up with 60L of RO water then added for my base nutrients 21g 5-11-27, 21g calcium nitrate, 9 grams Epsom Salt and 15g Mono-potassium phosphate. To this I supplemented with 60 mils of DNF Gold and Optimum Fulvic acid. I bought the Optimum Fulvic acid and then got a bottle of DNF Gold for free, figured I a little of each couldn't hurt, and finally 30mils of Thrive alive.

I am foliar sparying with kelp and folvic acid. Don't really know about foliar spraying with fulvic acid but the hydro store guy gave me the bottle free for me to try so figure it can't hurt and I told him I would.

I am not to big on all the boosters and enhancers out there. Most I think are a waste of money. I really believe that the most important thing is a solid nutrient formula. I think to this there is little else one can do to boost yeilds. If you look at the ingredients of most additives it is usually some sort of simple chemical salt or an organic form of a essential plant nutrient. I don't believe that sugar, protein, rare earth minerals (many of which are in seaweed!) bacteria, or fungis will help increase yields. Now I do think bacteria and fungi can help with pathogens but not increase yields. This notion of mycorrhiza helping yields is total bunk. In a environment with lots of nutrients and water mycorrihza with move from a symbiotic relationship to a parisitic relationship due to the fact that they are consuming food from the plant but not giving it anything in return. Again it may protect the roots zone from pathogines which is very good! Dead roots = no yeild. But I believe the hype behind a lot of this is by taking research out of context. I do not doubt there could be plant extracts that could improve yield, secondary metabolite products, etc. but I have not come across any in the liturature that has impressed me except for seaweed. Oh ya there is a new company called Bloom which includes Triacontanol that intersts me. It A]apperantly it increases tissue growth rates in tissue culture of a lot of species like tomatoes and barley and increases the flower production in roses so I don't know if it work on cannabis, but interesting none the less. If anyone has tried it I would love to know what you think. I am not impressed with the rest of the discription in the Bloom line. Chitan seemed to promote growth too, I am wondering why this never got further attention or hype. Again worked on increasing growth in orchid tissue culture. Again if any one has used it please share your experiance. When I finally get pics up you will see how beautiful this setup is for comparing different products and I hope to be doing more of that! Maybe not for awhile until I get a system down pat and can elimate more variables. But I am hoping!

I am still worried I vegged too long as think the screens are going to be full already! This is turning into one crazy grow! I hope to put a lot of work in tomorrow to finally get it back in tip top shape for the rest of flower. The screens have been off for almost a week, girls need trimming and I still have to get reduce the buckets from 16 to 8 on one table. This grow has been kind of crazy because we are just getting this place setup. Got the veg room built and transfered the Purple Kush to it. I will start a new grow for the Purple Kush soon.

Sorry guess I needed to ramble.

Glad to see someone likes my rants onthe420train. I really want to force companies to put out great products at a reasonable price. I hate seeing products that aren't anything other than basic chemical salts with a bit of colouring and are 100x more expensive than they should be. That is why I am excited to show how to use chemical salts and answer any questions about it. I agree that potentially during different phases of the plants life might require different ratios of nutrients that would be hard to do with my blend, but I have a sneaking suspicion that companies are making it look a lot more complicated than it is. I want to put it to the test! I am hoping to do a run with my salt blend and compare it to other nutrient companies and see the difference. My room has a long way to go to get all the variables under control but I am designing it in such away that this is possible. I am really encouraged by Setting Sun's head to head grow. I give big props to the companies and would love to see more of this! Anyways I have internet and should have pics up soon!

very cool idea - nice setup and pics as well. it is fairly complicated I would say algebra and chemistry level to deliver all the nutrients in the proper quantities - simply calculate all your molar masses for the elements of the compounds you'll be using like potassium phosphate, magnesium sulfate, etc. and adjust it so you have the full list of micros and macros. chlorine shouldn't really need to be added there seems to be traceable levels in almost all water. something like this, right? there are tables with the quantities you want to have of each element out there so its a matter of hitting it right and not mixing chemicals that will react and screw it up.

Back
Top Bottom