Stevehman's 780W LED - DIY 4 in PVC Recirc - Caramlicious Grow

Re: Stevehman's 780W LED, DIY 4 in PVC Recirc, Caramlicious Grow

Was your res temp really 93? I would think more like 63?

Res temps are 65, room temps were 93. I have both in the numbers (I didn't label the room temp, just temp).

Ideal res temps should be in the mid-60s. My room temp is a bit high, CO2 use goes down over 90. I'll be making some changes to keep the room in the mid 80s for the next grow.

you know steve....you can always rate petflora's thread by giving or taking away stars from him like Heks and I did ;-) ;-)

mannn....ive been out of the loop bad latley. No so much that i've been busy lately just a lack of motivation I guess. I duno...Harvest is done babies are good and crop iz drying life is good lol. Check out my harvested girls thread one more time I just posted a pick I thik you may enjoy lol.
Hydro

you know steve....you can always rate petflora's thread by giving or taking away stars from him like Heks and I did ;-) ;-)

Already been there, done that. The lowest you can give is one star though.

I got a question, If I where to do a system similar to this in a Stealth PC, would it work out? I'm talking about a single plant with maybe 100w-60w of led and hydro system. The inside temperature controlled, with reflective mylar.

I got a question, If I where to do a system similar to this in a Stealth PC, would it work out? I'm talking about a single plant with maybe 100w-60w of led and hydro system. The inside temperature controlled, with reflective mylar.

That sounds like quite the project, hydro in a pc case with LEDs. Please start a DIY thread on your project. I'd be very interested to see how it turns out.

If you can find a panel with the right spectrum that will fit into the top of the case, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Although it would be much cheaper to go with a couple CFLs. Depending on the size of the case you could put a couple t5-HO stick lights in there, I think 24 inches is the shortest and they're pretty cheap.

Not sure how you will do the hydro in that space, I would probably go hempy or something similar.

Keep us posted.

Best of luck on the project.

I've seen some decent grows in PC cases. As you said, not a huge yield, but respectable for the space. Try a low ryder strain and LST. Here's a video that may help:

YouTube - How to make a Stealth Grow Box

Here's a PC grow:

YouTube - Stealth PC Grow Box LST Grow; Start to Finish

:goodluck:

That sounds like quite the project, hydro in a pc case with LEDs. Please start a DIY thread on your project. I'd be very interested to see how it turns out.

If you can find a panel with the right spectrum that will fit into the top of the case, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Although it would be much cheaper to go with a couple CFLs. Depending on the size of the case you could put a couple t5-HO stick lights in there, I think 24 inches is the shortest and they're pretty cheap.

Not sure how you will do the hydro in that space, I would probably go hempy or something similar.

Keep us posted.

Best of luck on the project.

Thank you mate, yeah I was going to go with CFL due to them being cheaper, I may do two grow boxes and CLF with soil and a experimental Case with a miniature hyrdro system and DIY LED Panels. I seen em done before I just got to do some more research.
I did some research and been following Bonsai Hero's Grows he did some DIY LED at 60w and got a 97 grams dry weight, 0,64 KWH per gram. But he had a more open environment.

Thanks Mr Krip This information will sure come in handy.

dude I feel bad I have not been keeping up with your thread, i've just been TOTTALY side tracked with getting these two new babies on track and getting the flower room back in operation i.e-replacing milar re hanging lights a better way, taking apart and cleaning chillers, ordering new bulbs, not to mention the other large task of coordinating the movement and sales of shapey! Dude I'm already down to 1/4 of what I harvested!!! People love it!! and i fucking love it! i pulled an ounce out for personal's that im not touching till its all gone and until its all gone i've just been smoking out of whats marked for the market, cuz one of the biggest money makers/savers from this endevor is that I dont have to buy marijuana hopefuly ever again!!! i'm really hoping I can make that ounce last the remaining 2 months which is probably how long it will be till i harvest again after I run out. Or atleast somewhat close to it. We will see.

Lol Almost forgot makesure you check out under the lounge tag "Member of the Month may 2011" I think you'll like what you see :)) and don't forget to check out plant of the month and vote this month!!! I entered!!! I think I have a good chance of winning too! GOD I HOPE I WANT/FEEL I DESERVE THAT TITLE!!!!!!

Hydro,
Don't feel bad, I've had a hard time keeping up with my own thread too! I've been crazy busy with work and family the past week. I am putting time on my schedule to chop either today or tomorrow. I think they're ready. I'll be sure to take some pics and post them up along with the wet and dry weights.

Thanks for the nomination for MOTM, looks like I have some competition though. Kind of like the academy awards, I'm just honored to be in the same room with the rest of those guys. I'll be voting for shapey as POTM--hope you win. For a second grow in DWC it really shows how much effort you've put into becoming a great grower.

Chop day: part 1 of 3

I chopped the 6 girls under the GLH 300 on the left first. It took a long time to trim them up. I will try to finish the rest of them tonight, they may have to wait until Friday though.

Here is the group shot(s). I had to take two pics to fit them all in:
DSC_8854.JPG
DSC_8855.JPG

Here is plant #1, 114 grams wet weight
DSC_8856.JPG

Plant #2, 210 gr wet:
DSC_8857.JPG

Plant #3, 197 gr wet:
DSC_8859.JPG

Plant #4, 209 gr wet:
DSC_8860.JPG

Plant #5, 57 gr wet:
DSC_8862.JPG

Plant #6, 190 gr wet:
DSC_8861.JPG

A 5 gal bucket full of trimmed buds:
DSC_8863.JPG

Plant #5 was one of the clones that I didn't top or fim before 12/12. It also had the lowest yield. I think I will continue to top the clones. Although if I didn't have the room for lateral growth I would leave them as popsicles.

This is only a third of the grow so far. These 6 plants were under the GLH 300 from start to finish. The total wet weight is 997 grams. If I estimate 70% loss to drying that still leaves about 300 gr dry. I think I should be able to pull a lb out of this grow based on these 6 plants.

I'll update as soon as I get the other girls chopped.

Wow man! That looks like a great pull from 6 plants, how many more u got to chop? Looks like your lights are the shit! Gonna have to look into some LED's. Good luck on the M.O.T.M. I will be voting for you, and the wealth of info you have shared. Thanks for sharing this grow, gonna keep my eyes open for your next grow man

Wow man! That looks like a great pull from 6 plants, how many more u got to chop? Looks like your lights are the shit! Gonna have to look into some LED's. Good luck on the M.O.T.M. I will be voting for you, and the wealth of info you have shared. Thanks for sharing this grow, gonna keep my eyes open for your next grow man

I had a total of 18 to start, I pulled one that was looking sickly so I am down to 17. I have 11 more to do tomorrow afternoon, possibly Friday morning depending on work and other commitments. If I get close to the same weight with the rest of the grow I should pull 1 gr per watt or better. That would be close to 28 oz, my goal is/was a lb. Any thing over a lb will be icing on the cake.

Thanks for checking in and I appreciate you voting for the M.O.T.M.

Great pull stevehman :thumb:

I'm really looking at LED lights more and more because of grows like this.

Congrats on the nomination too!

-dime

OK, on to part 2 of 3 in the chop.

I did the plants under the Advanced 180 next. I was disappointed that I only ended up with 4 girls under that light. I had chopped a runt early on, and at harvest had a runt hiding in the jungle that I ended up not weighing, mostly popcorn and fluff.

Here's the group shot an on the surgeon's table:
DSC_8864.JPG

The one I called Katy in the beginning, with her biggest cola. She weighed in at 415 gr wet:
DSC_8866.JPG
DSC_8865.JPG

To her left, 251 gr wet:
DSC_8867.JPG

The one directly in front of her, 114 gr wet:
DSC_8868.JPG

And lastly, the one to her right, 179 gr wet:
DSC_8869.JPG

And the resulting nug-pile from the Advanced LED section, for a total of 959 gr wet:
DSC_8870.JPG

I will post part 3 in a few hours. I will also post final total weight and my prediction of total dry weight. Stay tuned--it's a shocker :slide:

Now on to part 3 of the chop. The girls under the GLH 300 on the right side of the box.

The group shot be the trimming begins (to many to fit in one shot, need a panorama mode):
DSC_8871.JPG
DSC_8872.JPG

I started off trimming the girl in the back corner, away from the Advanced. The chances of her getting any spillover from the Adv 180 is almost nil. She delivered an impressive 341 gr wet:
DSC_8880.JPG

Next is the one in the middle back row, 127 gr wet:
DSC_8881.JPG

The one back row, left (on the border with the Advanced) 279 gr wet:
DSC_8882.JPG

Front row left, 180 gr wet:
DSC_8884.JPG

Front row, middle, 84 gr wet (another popsicled plant):
DSC_8886.JPG

And front row, right side, 145 gr wet:
DSC_88851.JPG

And the pile-o-nugs:
DSC_8887.JPG

More details to follow.

fricken impressive steve, cant wait 2 see ur prediction on the dry stuff

OK, the chop is done. I have a total wet weight of 3,092 grams. I figure if I lose 80% of that to drying then I will net 618 grams, if I only lose 70% to drying then I am in the 928 gram range. I also have an entire 5 gallon bucket full of trim that I am drying to use for???? (place your suggestion here)

Here is a quick snapshot of the layout and where each girl was and what she produced:
DSC_8888.JPG

As you can see the Advanced put out the heaviest plant from the location dead center in the back row. The amount of spillover from the GLHs to either side would be negligible due to the density of the canopy and the height of the light and the angle of the lenses.

The Advanced light also produced a higher average weight per plant at 239.8 grams, the GLH on the Right produced 192.6 and the GLH on the Left produced 162.8.

I am not taking into account the 60 grams of popcorn that was produced by the runt under the Advanced, that went straight into the trim bucket.

Over all average per plant (wet) was 193.25 gr. If you lose 75% to drying that is still a respectable 48.3 grams dry weight per plant on average.

My take away lessons from this grow are:
1) ensure all clones are the same size to start (my two runts were added a week after the rest and never took off-I had to replace two that I accidentally killed with the bungee cords).

2) if you use bungee cords to hold your net pots in place, put them on before the plants go in to the NFT tube. When they accidentally let go, they will chop a clone in half real fast (see #1).

3) trim away lower branches that won't produce as much. I don't think I am going to lollipop them in the future, just remove smaller less productive branches

4) airflow, I had a lot of it in this box, 8 small PC fans and an 8inch fan to keep the circulation going. I could have had a real issue on my hands if I hadn't kept the air moving

5) partial res change every two weeks is adequate to get decent results. Don't throw your money away doing it weekly, keep an eye on temps and ppms. Make sure you have a top-off system to keep the numbers from swinging to widely.

6) if you have the lateral space for growth, top the clones as soon as you have two nodes of new growth (I did this while they were in the cloner, I left 6 un-topped and they were the lowest producers, two of which were the runts under the Advanced).

7) if you are doing a recirc type grow, make sure you plan for spillage of water/nutes. You may not have a spill, but better to be prepared.

Back
Top Bottom