Scratch that, no scrog. I'm not setup to recycle water in the DWC buckets and I don't feel like further complicating things. I'm going to mainline to the bucket lid instead. :thumb:

thumb.gif

Good idea. That's why my set up is sweet and simple. Who needs complications.

I initially considered a scrog for mine, but was cleaning the res completely every week and wondered how I could do that with a screen. It was only when I discovered the slime build up in the res which caused me to clean it out weekly was the result of the breaking down of the vinegar that I was using to control PH (but exacerbating my PH issues at the same time) and I switched to phosphoric acid that the problem disappeared and I no longer needed to scrub the res so I installed the scrog.

Since I've been using it as a PH down my PH has been stable af. In fact, from getting my ph to about 5.5 at my weekly res change, I haven't needed to add any as it only creeps to about 6.5 before it's time to change the solution again and this slow ph creep allows all the elements to be absorbed. With vinegar, it was going from 5 to 7.5 in 12 hours!

C_Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved_Images_hydroponics-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg

The brand is not important, it's the strength that is. You want it strong. Mine is 81% and it's not ml/gallon (nice mixture of decimal and imperial measurements there), but drops per gallon and it's just trial and error and depends on the initial ph of your water and nutrient solution. I start with 2 gallons at about a ph of seven and add about 5 or 6 drops.

Merry Christmas!!!

I have been horrifically sick or I would have updated sooner. Really not good.

BW-1 has made a great recovery. Lots of new nodes. Growing more fan leaves. Topped her lower nodes to manifold. Will top her upper nodes in a few days once they reach the bucket's edge. Then continue mainlining. I'm expecting about 30 colas.
IMG_438311.JPG

The growth continues on AK-2. PH has been stable. Roots are pearly white. Cut the bottom fan leaves off this morning - they were almost totally shaded. I'm debating what to do with her for shaping though... remove the bottom node and manifold the second and third? Manifold all three (would create a fuck ton of colas) or maybe just LST the three nodes without manifolding? Dunno.....
IMG_438114.JPG

Oh, and she's regrowing her apex... after topping... wtf?!

BW-2 is all leaf. Fucking huge leaves - like 5" diameter. The growth nodes are coming in strong though.
IMG_438212.JPG

So, all in all, going strong. Added some more HG - 1tsp/bucket to maintain root health (directions say 1/week so that should be cool, yes?)

Also, I was wondering if I could add more nutrients to the current water or if that should be done during water changes???

Merry Christmas!!!

I have been horrifically sick or I would have updated sooner. Really not good.

BW-1 has made a great recovery. Lots of new nodes. Growing more fan leaves. Topped her lower nodes to manifold. Will top her upper nodes in a few days once they reach the bucket's edge. Then continue mainlining. I'm expecting about 30 colas.
IMG_438311.JPG

The growth continues on AK-2. PH has been stable. Roots are pearly white. Cut the bottom fan leaves off this morning - they were almost totally shaded. I'm debating what to do with her for shaping though... remove the bottom node and manifold the second and third? Manifold all three (would create a fuck ton of colas) or maybe just LST the three nodes without manifolding? Dunno.....
IMG_438114.JPG

Oh, and she's regrowing her apex... after topping... wtf?!

BW-2 is all leaf. Fucking huge leaves - like 5" diameter. The growth nodes are coming in strong though.
IMG_438212.JPG

So, all in all, going strong. Added some more HG - 1tsp/bucket to maintain root health (directions say 1/week so that should be cool, yes?)

Also, I was wondering if I could add more nutrients to the current water or if that should be done during water changes???

I guess this is up to the individual. How often do you change your water?
With my top feed, I change water once a week and adjust all my nute levels then. But that's just my way.

BTW, I see HG and immediately think mercury - thanks science classes. Surely you are not talking mercury?

Strong nodal growth when you top is perfectly normal. Just remember, any HST you do will retard your growth by a few days at the least. Meaning 10 X HSTs = + 40 days +/-
For this reason, I recommend more LST and less HST, although HST during flowering should increase potency.

I went super stupid on HSTs with my current growth and wish I had shown more restraint.

I change my water every two weeks.

Hahaha... yes, hydrogaurd.

I figure I'll add a week to her growth by topping the apex then the side node later. Doesn't bother me if it ultimately allows for a larger harvest.

Which type of HST do you use during flowering?

I guess this is up to the individual. How often do you change your water?
With my top feed, I change water once a week and adjust all my nute levels then. But that's just my way.

BTW, I see HG and immediately think mercury - thanks science classes. Surely you are not talking mercury?

Strong nodal growth when you top is perfectly normal. Just remember, any HST you do will retard your growth by a few days at the least. Meaning 10 X HSTs = + 40 days +/-
For this reason, I recommend more LST and less HST, although HST during flowering should increase potency.

I went super stupid on HSTs with my current growth and wish I had shown more restraint.
Just lst and hst no cleaning up each node will push up branches.
6b4923653e546ea97137a05b132a869e.jpg

dont laugh just to show how branches come up for the light from every node when plant is kept level . I let thos onr grow too long before topping . It doesnt like to branch.

"carpe diem"

No that is trippy though unless I had your post selected as well .

"carpe diem"

It was probably just me or my phone. It wouldn't be the first time I thought someone posted to my journal but it was some where else for another person. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well, the final plant is sexed; female! (BW-2). That makes 2 for 2 properly sexed seeds! Not bad for a little reasearch and watching a few videos. (The black widows were "natural" seeds)

BW-1 clone has rooted and her roots are through the plug. Sweet. She's will be a mother plant - has shown excellent growth and resilience at all stages. Her "other half" has 40'ish node sites that will bud when ready and that's after I nearly killed her. Hope her bud is good.

The mother is in a 1 galling bucket with lots of tiny holes. I'm hoping they'll actively air prune her to keep her size down. Thoughts?

Since that clone took, I'm going to attempt cloning the AK to make another mother of her. She's supposed to have great flowers. This also decides for me what will be done to her first node. They're crazy health though so I think I'll have good luck cloning her.

Back
Top Bottom