Aerators are full steam ahead. It's like champagne for my plants in there :-D

I also pulled the plastic covers from the tops of the net pots and noticed some small white spots. Thinking this is related. Haven't researched it yet.

I was able to wipe it off, so I'm thinking fungus (wet and dark with little air flow if any). I'd like to know exactly what it is tho so i can prevent it in the future (I'm assuming I can just grow without the plastic To prevent it).

In any case, I should know by tonight as that amount of oxygen and light should kill a fungus.

Good thought. Definitely not water spots though.

They were above the root plug and clay and below the first node - the part that was covered by plastic to prevent the fog from escaping.

Sounds fungal to me - moist, dark, low oxygen - perfect fungal breeding conditions. As to where it could have come from it is was fungus, well, the air is alive with billions of spores from untold different types of fungi just waiting for the ideal conditions in which to breed and grow..

It was the plastic covering them! 4 hours after removing the plastic they're all perked up!
IMG_433120.JPG

Now to just keep an eye on them for a few days. They were doing great with 50% nute solution so if they're still going Good Friday I'll slowly add more.

Man, Hydro is finicky...

Plants SLIGHTLY droopy this morning. Checked PH... WTF?! Root developed lots of brown since yesterday! BW-2 was 6.55 and water temp was about 90'. This guy has the fogger. More research indicates too fed DWC has benefit before roots reach water. Considering my roots are in the water I believe I can cease fogging. Will shut it off tonight.

Slight browning in AK-2 also. Added 10 ml HG. And 0.5 ml PH down - 6.20ph final.

Added 5 ml hrdroguard. Placed ice pack in water (closed in ziploc bag). Add 0.5ml of PH down - now 6.20.

Also, I thought my buckets were opaque enough. Home Depot bucket and ace value hardware bucket. I blacked them out this morning though. No more questioning.

Well, I don't plan on fogging again next time. Top fed DWC until well rooted then traditional DWC. or maybe soil... HA!

I thought the fogger would be more easily applied. It went wrong from the beginning though - had to triple the amount of water in my reserviour to get the fog level required because it was a 125qt reserviour. I believe I will repeat fogging for seedlings and clones in a small propagation enclosure. And instead of having it on 24/7 have it intermittent; maybe 30seconds every 5-10 minutes. TBD.

As soon as I remove the fogger though the bucket temp will drop to about 70'.

It's a good news kind of night!

I've got some perky little plants tonight. HUGE growth from AK-2! An inch of vertical in 12 hours! BW-2 not so much, but I expect great things from her tomorrow.
IMG_43469.JPG

IMG_434811.JPG

BW-2's water was warm again. There was some color improvement on the roots AND about 2 dozen new pearly white shoots. I removed the fogger and changed the water. 25% nutes. HGuard. PH 6.25 going into the bucket. Nice and cold (but not too cold) :)

Two bubblers lines, with stones, per bucket. Straight DWC. 73' temp. 60% RH. Good airflow - dancing little leaves.

Oh, and AK-2... yeah... IT'S A GIRL! Just waiting for BW-2 to show me its naughty bits...

Scrog setup going in tonight to help train

Back
Top Bottom