Happy new year!

All's well. AK-2 and BW-2 are fully manifolded and restrained; 20 colas each. BW-1 has 44... she's going to be a bit hard to control. It I think it will be worth it in the end.

IMG_446614.JPG
IMG_446513.JPG
IMG_446415.JPG

PH has been dropping about 0.50/day. I adjust to 6.10 the. It drops to 5.60 and I raise it back up.

The plan right now is to Veg for two weeks then flip.

I'm going to change the water weekly - BW-2 is very picky. She gets slightly droopy and stays droopy about 11 days after water change. Next week will be aggressive Veg nutes. The following will be transition nutes. Then full bloom nutes with weekly water changes until harvest. So, with. A little luck, about 10 weeks till harvest.

Fuck.....

I tightened my lines and did some leaf tucking this afternoon... too much. Stem split while I was at work. Right down the fucking middle.
IMG_44766.JPG
IMG_44797.JPG

Did some fan leaf removal to uncover the growth nodes while I was repairing her. I covered her split with aloe, tied the halves together with hemp twine, covered the whole split with the skin from the aloe, then tied the whole thing in a knot. Fingers crossed! Removin the fan leaves is part of a test I wanted to run: if removing the fan leaves will allow better growth node development. Sooo... I guess we'll find out!

Super bummed but she looks like she'll be alright. The stalk is so thick that I'm confident she'll still get enough nutrient and water delivery even with the damage

Here's the rest of them
IMG_448013.JPG

AK-2 is still looking good
IMG_448110.JPG

You'd be amazed how resilient cannabis can be be and I'm sure she'll be alright. Actually, you're probably lucky she split when she did as you uncovered a major weakness. When she recovers, the scar tissue will make her much stronger than she was before. Just be careful to leave the hemp string on for no longer than a week!

Yikes! But like Icemann says, they're resilient. Not that I know that from experience, but I've read several journals where people have done similar things and the plant turned out great. I think I remember reading that the branches still get nutrients because the nutes are coming straight up the stem anyway and a split just severs a few channels, or something like that. Looks like a good repair job too!

It's not so much that it will promote disease, although that is possible, but the 'bark' will start to grow around it and this can lead to problems, weakening, etc. Also, by removing it you allow the stem to take the pressure on the injury instead of the twine and thus strengthen the scar tissue.
Personally, I would probably take it off after about 5 days.

I've had branches snap when super cropping and did nothing more than support them with plasticized wire twist ties and they have grown some amazing scar nodules that are now super strong.

I pulled out the microscope today to get some better pics of the BW-1 "preflowers". Yeah, they're not preflowers. She's budding. Fucking trichs all over.

Well she's pretty much fucked. I've trained the fuck out of her for 2 weeks. It now makes sense why she was such a fast grower!
IMG_449310.JPG

Oh well. Maybe I'll get an ounce off of her.....

I put her in the dungeon under 22/2 with her clones and switched her nutes to flowering schedule. That seed bank can go and fuck itself.

Dutchseedsshop.

I'm seriously fucking annoyed at this. I have $200 worth of seeds that I can't trust the genetics on.

I think I'll run 16 next time to HOPEFULLY ensure I get a full Grow. Oh well.

I'm hoping the alien OG is ok. Those are the only seeds I haven't tried. Hopefully these are from a different breeder.....

You know, I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the seedbank - "no way did they mix an auto in the regular seeds...".

Never again.

On the bright side, I have 5 Aurora Indicas from Nirvana that I'm sure will run nicely. And hey, it looks like I'll have some bud earlier than expected :thumb:

BW-1 is most definitely in flower stretch. Just over an inch of vertical growth in 24 hours
IMG_45148.JPG

IMG_45137.JPG
IMG_45168.JPG

IMG_45156.JPG

The tent is going well enough. BW-2 has had very little growth which I'm willing to bet is from repairing the split stalk. Ak-2 looks great though!
IMG_45118.JPG
IMG_451212.JPG

Looking good :thumb:

And yeah, splitting the mofo in half will tend to slow her down a bit. I bet if I split you in half and tied you up with hemp rope you'd slow down a little as well :)

BW-1 is going crazy. Huge growth every day. I assume it's her flowering stretch.
IMG_45628.JPG
IMG_45527.JPG

Everything else seems to be going alright. The only question I have, is why do these girls get droopy EVERY NIGHT?! In the morning they're perky as can be!
IMG_45639.JPG

A little "upskirt" shot
IMG_45537.JPG

BW-2 is growing again. The bandage has been removed. Forgot to take a pick though... next time.

The girls are 9"tall now. I've been thinking about their vertical growth though. If they typically double during flowering I'd have to assume is in actual growth length. In this case, the stalk plus the longest branch; right??? If so, it's almost time to flip as I'm at about 15" and I wanted to flip at 18". What are your thoughts?

Honestly, I'm so irritated with this seed bank debacle that I kind of want to purge and run the seeds from Nirvana...

Speaking of which, I still haven't received my replacement order - 19 days - and the only response from the douche nozzle, Ivan (he deserves this title given the horse shit he provided for a product) is "That's weird, it shouldn't have been an auto." Gee, you think?!

I will be sure to properly review my purchases on their site.

BW-1 is going crazy. Huge growth every day. I assume it's her flowering stretch.
IMG_45628.JPG
IMG_45527.JPG

Everything else seems to be going alright. The only question I have, is why do these girls get droopy EVERY NIGHT?! In the morning they're perky as can be!
IMG_45639.JPG

A little "upskirt" shot
IMG_45537.JPG

BW-2 is growing again. The bandage has been removed. Forgot to take a pick though... next time.

The girls are 9"tall now. I've been thinking about their vertical growth though. If they typically double during flowering I'd have to assume is in actual growth length. In this case, the stalk plus the longest branch; right??? If so, it's almost time to flip as I'm at about 15" and I wanted to flip at 18". What are your thoughts?

Honestly, I'm so irritated with this seed bank debacle that I kind of want to purge and run the seeds from Nirvana...

Speaking of which, I still haven't received my replacement order - 19 days - and the only response from the douche nozzle, Ivan (he deserves this title given the horse shit he provided for a product) is "That's weird, it shouldn't have been an auto." Gee, you think?!

I will be sure to properly review my purchases on their site.
Maybe the water temp goes up at the ends of lights on.

"carpe diem"

Back
Top Bottom