PhishwithPhiv's - 600W - SCROG - WW-XTRM - AK-XTRM - Soil - 2014

Entry 32 (8/5): Fifteen Weeks Old (Days 104-106)

Day 104-58: I flushed the WW today (5 gallons of plain water).

Day 105-59: I flushed AK II today (5 gallons of plain water).

Some of the buds are dropping a bit under the weight; not much but I take it as a good sign.

Day 106-60: When I looked in on them today they appeared lightly seeded – another good sign.

I have viewed them under the microscope again but I still can’t tell what stage the trichomes are in.

Here is the WW:

IMG_064624.jpg
IMG_065529.jpg
IMG_065822.jpg

And here is the AK:

IMG_066324.jpg
IMG_066923.jpg
IMG_067221.jpg

I don’t think they will be ready this weekend but hopefully within 10 days. Any opinions?

Really enjoyed this update Phiv. I'm a sucker for a Micro shot. Gorgeous bud!

Re: PhishwithPhiv’s 600w SCROG - WW-XTRM - AK-XTRM - Soil - 2014

Oh ok makes sense. As from for my comment on scrog im not saying to change cuz ur do amazing. And i def love everything equal for light. With lst supper cropping you can still get an even canopy. I like to mainline which does increase time a lil and not much more yield but u get 8 big colas. Its basically topping to 8 colas cutting everything else off. Tying down to keep everything even. All colas are same distance from roots+light. No wasted energy on anything but colas. Check out nugbuckets its def worth a read but i wouldnt change anything since u have 3 plant limit and are doing amazing. Oh and do you believe it was better to top a 2nd time

Oh and the reason i found your journal is becuz i was looking to buy same exact seeds from same place did you get 20 free ones and if so what kind. I got ww from somewhere else and they say to finish with 5 days of darkness which seems long every1 will say something diff but id prob go 24-72 hrs of straight darkness

I will try and get some more macro photos posted tomorrow for you Growlow; any special requests?

Tazzz: yes, i am glad i topped the 2nd time and plan to do so in the future. It was an easy process and showed good results within a few days. The only draw back i noticed was a temporary slowdown in growth (again, just those 2-3 days) but that was overcome quickly.

I have been happy so far with AMS and their products. Ordering was easy, they arrived quickly and ahead of schedule, i had 100% germination (so far), and they all turned out to be female (as promised). If they end up being a quality plants (all signs are good so far) i will be a completely satisfied customer.

I am still in the "unsure" column in regards to an extended darkness phase immediately preceding harvest. Any personal experience with this?

Entry 33 (8/9): Nine Weeks Flowering (Days 107-110)

Day 107-61: The smell continues to get stronger but I am not noticing any other changes — hopefully it is happening where I can't see it.

Day 108-62: The leaves are showing an increased rate of decline: a lot of yellowing and dying from the tips in. This makes sense due to the recent flushing and I will take it as a good sign that all the chemicals will make their way out of the plants before harvest time.

Day 109-63: Temp, humidity, and other environmental factors are steady and in acceptable ranges. Just waiting...

I watered AK I today with plain water — I probably should have waited another day.

Day 110-64: Everything looks fine, just not ready for harvest. The leaves continue to yellow and die and the smell seems to be getting even stronger.

I suppose I will give it another week. I don't think I could wait much longer based on how fast the leaves are dying without any nutes. Hopefully they will show increased signs of finishing up in the next few days.

Here is the WW:

IMG_067427.jpg
IMG_068328.jpg
IMG_068722.jpg

Here is the AK:

IMG_069127.jpg
IMG_069322.jpg
IMG_070029.jpg

The group:

IMG_070625.jpg
IMG_070828.jpg

It is very hard to be patient but it is nice to know the end is in sight and feel fairly confident that they will be ready by this time next week.

As always, opinions and comments are welcome.

Great to hear. I love.to see yellow leaves there getting there nitrogen from leaves so thats good. I like to use more tiger bloom and no grow big at the end.i thought maybe just fim once instead of topping less stress n doesnt slow growth but i like my plant to be more evenly structured so topping twice sounds better. Maybe not flush as long since ur using organic if worried about leaves and instead us 24-72 hrs of darkness. The nutes go into the roots at night . Dr mahlberg at indiana u. Is one of two federal permitted ppl to research mj. He found increase of darkness could produce up to 30% more resin prod esp in sativas. This was in 2000 i cant remeber everything but its def worth looking into.i wouldnt be too worried about leaves but u can always give a lil tsp of the micro if u still have time

Entry 34 (8/12): Sixteen Weeks Old (Days 111-113)

Day 111 - 65: I took a small sample bud from the AK (I think AK II). I trimmed it up and it weighs 1.4 grams. I will let it dry for a couple of days and then give it a go and see where things stand.

In looking at it my guess would be around 50% cloudy trichomes but I really don't know what I am seeing or what I am talking about...

IMG_072024.jpg
IMG_071727.jpg
IMG_071426.jpg
IMG_071224.jpg

Day 112 - 66: I left the bud on my desk for about 24 hours. I then placed in my food dehydrator for 30 minutes (on the lowest setting = 95 degrees) and then 30 minutes off: I did this for two cycles. I ran it for another hour and then let is sit out the rest of the night.

Day 113 - 67: Everything seems fine — just more dying leaves. Also, the AK II soil does not seem to be drying out...

Here is the WW:

IMG_072630.jpg
IMG_072825.jpg
IMG_073230.jpg
IMG_073423.jpg
IMG_073731.jpg
IMG_073931.jpg

And here is the AK:

IMG_074229.jpg
IMG_074524.jpg
IMG_074831.jpg
IMG_075125.jpg
IMG_075325.jpg
IMG_075427.jpg

Regarding the bud I picked 2 days ago:

I ran it off and on in the dehydrator throughout the day (upped the temp to 160 degrees for about an hour). It dried up well (weighs 0.3 grams).

IMG_076131.jpg

Alaska has a well-deserved reputation for high quality cannabis so my standards are set fairly high (generally I take 3 small hits and I'm good). The results of the experiment:

1st (after 5 minutes): noticeable euphoric feeling. Pleasant.
2nd hit (after 5 minutes): Feeling nicely high. Don't really need the next hit but I will do it for science.
3rd hit (after 5 minutes): I'm very high, good thing I don't have anything else to do right now — I probably should have spaced those hits out a little more.
After 30 minutes (from last hit): I feel relaxed and very high; another hit would have been too much.

I don't know that I have ever been able to distinguish between a "head" high and a "body" high so I can't categorize in those terms. I will say that a couple more hits and I would be baked and useless. It is a good high and it works nicely at alleviating my medical symptoms.

This is encouraging and I am excited about my prospects regarding the impending harvest.

Yes Bagzy, the seed supplier suggested each of the strains needed 8 weeks to finish but clearly that was an underestimation for this grow. The aroma is getting strong and smells more like cannabis now than just growing plants.

Thanks for the note. I do have a couple of dogs and it is clear that i will be smoking some of their hair; oh well, what are going to do?

You don't have to smoke their hair. And I'd suggest not doing so lol. It'll taste like crap. Check this video out: That video is from our member Icemud. Here's his current grow journal: Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

Alaska has a well-deserved reputation for high quality cannabis so my standards are set fairly high (generally I take 3 small hits and I’m good). The results of the experiment:

1st (after 5 minutes): noticeable euphoric feeling. Pleasant.
2nd hit (after 5 minutes): Feeling nicely high. Don’t really need the next hit but I will do it for science.
3rd hit (after 5 minutes): I’m very high, good thing I don’t have anything else to do right now – I probably should have spaced those hits out a little more.
After 30 minutes (from last hit): I feel relaxed and very high; another hit would have been too much.

I don’t know that I have ever been able to distinguish between a “head” high and a “body” high so I can’t categorize in those terms. I will say that a couple more hits and I would be baked and useless. It is a good high and it works nicely at alleviating my medical symptoms.

This is encouraging and I am excited about my prospects regarding the impending harvest.

A head high will basically allow you to smoke, and then you feel energetic. You can go do miscellaneous chores around the house with no problems.
A body high is pure couchlock. Imagine sitting on the couch, smoking while you watch TV. Then the effects hit you. And you don't even feel like moving. I like to associate this with the commonly portrayed "fuck it" stoner attitude portrayed in movies.
Dog has to go outside? "Fuuuuck ittttt"

With a head high, I have no issues taking my dog outside. It's actually quite enjoyable.

But you can also smoke a larger amount of 'head high' Cannabis, and produce a strong enough effect to simulate an Indica body high.

Both of your strains are Indica dominant.

WW is 60% Indica 40% Sativa
AK is 75% Indica 25% Sativa

WW will work better for daytime use, AK will work better for evenings/nights or when you have nothing to do/nowhere to go.

or smoke enough sativa to feel the spicy time slow high

Looks great. If your smoking for med reasons i would wait a bit longer until 50% amber but every1 has there own preference. You have some great plants to make hash its very simple and can always be used to make canna butter. Idk if you like hash or edibles but You make it out of leaves and trimmings which you prob would just throw away. If you decide you might want to and need some help lmk. Looks great btw

Welcome Antics, glad you made it over. Good video - now i have another step to take but i will thank you again when i am not smoking dog hair.

The laws in AK are not real clear on the production, possession, and use of concentrates so i don't know if i want to risk it - certainly is tempting though. Perhaps i should do some more research...

Here's another bud washing topic that involves using water, lemon juice, and baking soda: Bud Washing

I've burned the hair on my arms, face, etc.. enough times from grill flare ups, shitty lighters, bon fires, etc.. to know it smells horrible lol. I'd hate to see you or anyone else smoking it. I'm also planning to wash my buds too. There's always random shit floating through the air, and sticky trichomes are great magnets for it. I've also read enough people saying they will never smoke unwashed buds again to make me want to give it a try.

And yeah, the laws of Alaska do look confusing as hell.

Possession-Personal Use
Offense...............................................Penalty......................... Incarceration........Max. Fine
Less than 4 oz in your residence.....not classified .............................N/A ................$ 0
Less than 1 oz...............................misdemeanor .......................90 days ..............$ 2,000

Cultivation
Offense ............................................Penalty............Incarceration........Max. Fine
Less than 25 plants in residence ... not classified...............N/A .................$ 0
1 oz or more.....................................felony....................5 years............$ 1,000

Hash & Concentrates
Offense...................................Penalty............Incarceration.......Max. Fine
Possession of 3g or less.......misdemeanor.........0 - 1 year ...........$ 10,000
Possession of more than 3g......felony...............0 - 2 years..........$ 50,000

Entry 35 (8/16): Ten Weeks Flowering (Days 114-117)

Day 114 - 68: Everything is going fine. They will be ready in a few days.

Day 115 - 69: Watered both AK I and AK II today (plain water). I would have rather waited it out but they were both very dry.

Day 116 - 70: I have looked at them as much as I can and I am confident they are in the harvest window. I think I could let them grow another 4-7 days and they would mature more but I am close enough and circumstances dictate I get started on the harvest now.

Here are some final pictures of the WW:

IMG_076227.jpg
IMG_076425.jpg

IMG_076720.jpg

And here is the AK:

IMG_076925.jpg
IMG_077125.jpg

And the group:

IMG_077220.jpg
IMG_077524.jpg

Day 117 - 71: Busy day. Here they are before I got to work:

IMG_077731.jpg
IMG_077927.jpg

I removed the screen and then went through each plant removing the leaves and lower/immature buds.

The AK I is probably the weakest of the bunch:

IMG_078421.jpg
IMG_078721.jpg

The AK II is the best of the three:

IMG_078029.jpg
IMG_078326.jpg

The WW has a lot of bulk to it but it seems less dense than the AKs:

IMG_078922.jpg
IMG_079117.jpg

Here they are hanging up.

Harvest_After.JPG

I figure I will leave them to dry for the next 7 days (give or take) and rotate the cutting every day.

At this point I have no clue what to expect regarding the final weight but I will report back when they are sufficiently dry.

Very nice. Doesnt get much better. Congrats.did you extend the darkness and if so did you notice any diff. You jus topped and lst right no supercropping.

I bet you have some nice trim for hash or brownies. I know your laws are unclear but if you decide on hash. You can get the bubblebags on ebay for like 35$. Alot cheaper than the orig ones. You still get 8 bags and goes down to like 20 micros.

These a damn nice harvest. I think you'll be happier with the end result since you waited a little bit longer on them. If you could have waited longer than this for the AK especially, you'd increase potency, but from the looks of things, it's going to be pretty high quality smoke and you shouldn't notice much of a difference.

Forget the bubble bags, just order a 70 micron, 100 micron and 130 micron silkscreen off ebay. You get 10 feet for $10 and cut them to fit the size you need.They use them to make T-shirts and are great for making dry sift aka keef. Throw some trim in a tupperware lock tight container, with 4 quarters(money not oz) for agitation and put the silkscreen between the locking top and the container-Shake that bad boy for 5 minutes and scrape the goodness off the lid. Obviously the 70 micron will give less product but itll be more pure(more thc glands) and the 130 will give off lots but there will be more green plant product than the 100 and 70. I think this is much better than BHO in my opinion, shit I'm pretty sure you could turn this dry sift into hash oill if you really wanted to, just use less butane .

Hey Phiv could you possibly separate the AK XTRM from the WW and compare which one produced more?

I think we should play a game : Who can guess his dried weight of all 5 plants combined (in a 3x3 area)

I'm gonna start off at 504g approx. 18z's

OVER OR UNDER!?!?! (I'm hoping over :))

Back
Top Bottom