Girl Scout Cookies Xtrm In Coco LED

I to have problems controlling the environment this time of yr. like right now the rh is like 20%, so what I find that works best, is hanging wet towels in tent. Gotta keep the rh up there 40/60 per cent And just enough air movement to prevent bud rot, but not running your 6 inch inline fan above low, ever. I don't cut the limbs off my plants. I hang the whole plant upside down for hopefully at least 5 days, then I take all nugs off the limbs, all the way up to the last nug, and put into large brown paper bags for like 2 to 3 more days (burping 2 times a day), then into mason jars, and don't cram nugs into jars they need to breath. Burp jars twice a day for 5 days, and once a day for 2 weeks, then once every week. The older it gets the better it gets !! I've just recently started putting a hygrometer inside jars to check humidity reading, without opening jar. I Also use the boveda 8 Gram size 62% rh control paks. It's a royal pain in the ass to properly cure pot, but once you've tasted it, you're hooked and will try to improve on it. I figure an honest weight would come after about two wks. in jars. I don't own a scale . I will buy one though, now that I have a journal, and should report yield.

Make sure you shift the towels and let them dry completely and wash them they can catch mold! Good info about the curing!
:thanks: :love: :thumb:

The wait for the weight is killing me! Lol every time there's a new post I jump on like "are the numbers in yet?" Think I need some herb to chill out

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hahaha hoping to have numbers up before bed tonight!

Well you know the old saying, If it aint broke, don't fix it. I used to cure my outside weed cardboard boxes, just dry it and smoke. Guess I'm getting picky in my old age ??

Picky? I would use the term refined taste. Man with your process I'm sure your weed is impeccable! Seriously thank you for the outline on your drying. I know if when I need to I will step up my drying game to your process. For me right now. The bud I get from dispenserirs are sometimes not even dried. I've gotten some real low quality. All I'm after is above dispensery grade weed. But if I was to sell or gift. Your way would be the way for me!

Make sure you shift the towels and let them dry completely and wash them they can catch mold! Good info about the curing!
:thanks: :love: :thumb:

Good point PW! THANKS!

Hahaha hoping to have numbers up before bed tonight!

Picky? I would use the term refined taste. Man with your process I'm sure your weed is impeccable! Seriously thank you for the outline on your drying. I know if when I need to I will step up my drying game to your process. For me right now. The bud I get from dispenserirs are sometimes not even dried. I've gotten some real low quality. All I'm after is above dispensery grade weed. But if I was to sell or gift. Your way would be the way for me!

Good point PW! THANKS!
BF,
I have found, that doing shit the right way is usually no more difficult than doing it wrong or quick. And often easier !! Everyone's in a hurry !! I'm gonna go twist some of this pineapple chunk, and get right !! I'll be up late BF, waiting on the tale of the scale !!

Do you was your buds before drying mate?

Hey rm I don't but I have seen the wounders of bud washing. The thing is I don't foliar spray or use pesticides and I don't have hair in my weed. Thats all I care about. I know for a fact the weed I've been smoking from the dispensery is not. I've seen hair and stuff, It's pretty gross but if they don't wash all that nasty off at the dispensey I have no reason to clean my already much cleaner buds.

Buds stems aren't snapping yet but close. I'm definitely looking at a thrusday or Friday jar. I'd be happy with that cure time.

It's all personal preference and it will be much cleaner than the stuff you get at a dispensary but I highly recommend bud washing everything no matter what. You will be amazed that even the cleanest grows wash away tons of junk from the plants. I take one look at my carbon filter and know there is so much dust and stuff still in the air that we just can't see. I feel like I run a really clean grow. It was amazing what I had in my first grow in the buckets when I was done. It's 100% worth doing every time and I will never not do it. If you are thinking about doing it Riley, I'd recommend it. The smoke is so clean with virtually zero coughing. It's a whole new way to smoke and the flavor is amazing compared to not doing it.

BF,
I have found, that doing shit the right way is usually no more difficult than doing it wrong or quick. And often easier !! Everyone's in a hurry !! I'm gonna go twist some of this pineapple chunk, and get right !! I'll be up late BF, waiting on the tale of the scale !!

Hey sp. I wouldn't go as far as to say the way I dry and cure is incorrect or that I'm in a rush. I mean after a 3-4 month veg I definitely don't want any problems with my dry and cure. I did want to be jarred by Xmas. So I gave myself about 7 days for the dry. They only needed 5 days but I'm happy with that. Many ways to skin a cat. I have a lot of upgrades I want to make so I have to pick what's most important to purchase first. I don't have paper bags or individual hygrometers on me. This is how I learned to dry and its worked for me for a bit. Definitely a 5-7+ day hanging and then jar with burping. I live in California and although I have had bad experiences with dispensaries, I do have access to some of the best buds. All I want is weed that surpasses the best I can buy at a dispensary and I can get that without all the fancy stuff. One day I will step up my game though for that. A separate drying room would be so legit!! I imagine something like a wine cellar with the perfect humidity to keep jars and jars of weed like fine wine and to hang up my stuff. But a dedicated drying space would be ideal.

Im betting 1 pound +

We have a winner!

It's all personal preference and it will be much cleaner than the stuff you get at a dispensary but I highly recommend bud washing everything no matter what. You will be amazed that even the cleanest grows wash away tons of junk from the plants. I take one look at my carbon filter and know there is so much dust and stuff still in the air that we just can't see. I feel like I run a really clean grow. It was amazing what I had in my first grow in the buckets when I was done. It's 100% worth doing every time and I will never not do it. If you are thinking about doing it Riley, I'd recommend it. The smoke is so clean with virtually zero coughing. It's a whole new way to smoke and the flavor is amazing compared to not doing it.

Alright asesino! You convinced me! I will do a wash next round!

GSC XTRM
Here is one load on the scale. 60.93 grams
IMAG22104.jpg

IMAG2217.jpg

IMAG22213.jpg

IMAG22183.jpg

Lota jars.

So not counting the bud I smooshed or the buds that dried a little too fast we have 446.53 grams or 15.75 ounces or 0.98 LBS. So I definitely hit over a pound when I add the weed I've already put into jars and smoked. :blunt: although I've rolled a few blunts and smoked out my brother and wife I won't be writing a smoke report until after a few weeks in the jar for a good cure. I will say this. It's the perfect strain for my needs. I have IBS and sleep issues. It helps with my appetite, and my stomach pains, and will knock you out when you have trouble with sleep.

:thanks: everyone for following my grow and giving me your input and advice!

My fellow coco grow buddy, you did a fine job! This has been one of my favorite journals to follow. I can't wait to see your next one and what you've learned and adjusted. I appreciate the honesty in your journal as it gives me things to look out for during my first time using Coco. Feel good homie! This was impressive and gives me numbers to strive for ;)

Great yield buddy, let it cure to set in the different smells and such, if I could get a quarter of that I would be happy indeed. Have a great day! :)

Thanks pat! Your grow is looking fantastic. I'm sure you will have a bountiful harvest!

My fellow coco grow buddy, you did a fine job! This has been one of my favorite journals to follow. I can't wait to see your next one and what you've learned and adjusted. I appreciate the honesty in your journal as it gives me things to look out for during my first time using Coco. Feel good homie! This was impressive and gives me numbers to strive for ;)

Hey asesino! I really appreciate that thank you! I've only been growing for a few years so I still have a lot to learn. I have gained so much from this site and other journals such as yours. Having this journal up was a great learning experience for me and I'm happy to hear someone else gained something from it too. Your coco grow is looking great! I hope you get a lot more than a pound! I had some lockout during flower. My next grow will be coco hydro organic. I hope it can stack up!

I can only echo what Asesino has said. A massive congratulations and a even bigger thank you.

Great job .

RM's First Grow - Unknown Seeds

Hi man, looking great! Cannot w8 for comparison and smoke report! I bet it has some punch, right? Merry Christmas! :love: :Namaste:

I can only echo what Asesino has said. A massive congratulations and a even bigger thank you.

Great job .

RM's First Grow - Unknown Seeds

Hi man, looking great! Cannot w8 for comparison and smoke report! I bet it has some punch, right? Merry Christmas! :love: :Namaste:

Awesome grow! Awesome yield! Awesome journal! Thank you! .

You hit your goal, awesome job well done

Thank you so much everyone. Yes this definitely packs a big punch. Have to be careful how much I use. It's a creeper so far. Merry Christmas everyone happy New year's. I'll hopefully be up and running again very soon. I'm just waiting on my mother's to provide clones.

Thank you so much everyone. Yes this definitely packs a big punch. Have to be careful how much I use. It's a creeper so far. Merry Christmas everyone happy New year's. I'll hopefully be up and running again very soon. I'm just waiting on my mother's to provide clones.

You are welcome. Man I tasted some stuff my friend got for cheap and let me tell you- burned badly with black ash, tasted awful, my tongue was buzzing not the pleasant way. Yuck. No flush? No way! I get it- cheap is cheap, but this is outright amateurish and awful. Great to see and hear ppl that look for quality. It cheers me up. Thanks for cheering me up man, happy and cheerful days for you to come! :love: :Namaste:

You are welcome. Man I tasted some stuff my friend got for cheap and let me tell you- burned badly with black ash, tasted awful, my tongue was buzzing not the pleasant way. Yuck. No flush? No way! I get it- cheap is cheap, but this is outright amateurish and awful. Great to see and hear ppl that look for quality. It cheers me up. Thanks for cheering me up man, happy and cheerful days for you to come! :love: :Namaste:

speaking of which I had some buds from the dispensary that I've been smoking while my stuff cures. Today I got the worst headache!! I came home and did a test. My wife and I both smoked dispensaries stuff and we both had headaches. I pulled out my stuff... Headache gone! I'm throwing the dispensaries stuff away.

Mega yeild bro props+++++

Thanks velk!!

You earned every pound !! I would like a lb. , but with organics, I don't seem to be getting the normal swell. I'd like to hit them with a shot of pk booster, but then it wouldn't be organic. This is my 1st. and probably last organic grow. Congrats on your grow. And I'll be looking out for your next. You're one step ahead of me pertaining to learning to grow in coco. From what I've experienced so far, I don't think I'll be going back to potting mix anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom