Well, I did it...removed the fist node. I put both of them in to clone. I'll keep one for a mother and flower the other when I switch to 12/12.
IMG_44099.JPG

Prior to the massacre:
IMG_43995.JPG

The other BW clone has also taken root... sweeeet... She'll flower with the rest of them too! :)
I'm running out of space though... Maybe I could put them both in the same 5 gallon...? I mean, I don't plan on training or topping, just flowering.

Any thoughts?

Nice little roots:
IMG_44005.JPG

The current setup (I need a clone dome...
IMG_44048.JPG

I change my water every two weeks.

Hahaha... yes, hydrogaurd.

I figure I'll add a week to her growth by topping the apex then the side node later. Doesn't bother me if it ultimately allows for a larger harvest.

Which type of HST do you use during flowering?

I will probably supercrop one more time during flowering and maybe chop a weaker branch here and there. Apparently, this imitates an animal or pest attack in the wild and cannabis is said to increase resin and THC as a defence mechanism.

Bought some Epsoma organic soil, perlite, and 1 gallon cloth pots today - for my mother plants. :thumb:

I need to pickup another tent for my mothers. Still debating on how I should light it... suggestions?

I badly want to switch BW-1 to flower... she has approx 40 nodes with preflowers so thick she looks like she's budding!
IMG_442011.JPG

I can only imagine how unruly she'll become after another few weeks of Veg!!!

Honestly, all six plant showed preflowers by 3 weeks.

I have a hunch it may have something to do with the LED lights, but I have no data to compare that against.

What is your light cycle?

There is no way they should be flowering like this with a normal 16 + daylight cycle. I would only expect auto flowers to be flowering so soon. All I can say with certainty is that your goal of 1lb is looking highly doubtful.

The light cycle is 18/6, everyday, without fail.

What about the high quantity of preflowers makes you question yield? Don't the preflowers indicate bud sites?

Have you soon how much plant mass you need to generate 1lb dry weight?
Here's a video with about 1 1/2 lbs

[video=youtube;7G48yq2iMVM]
[/video]

Furthermore, I'm expecting around about 1 lb from mine.

Right, I know getting a pound out of my Grow will be a challenge. It's a goal and I set my oaks high to make the worth it. If it was easy everyone would do it. I will have 1 very large yielding strain with another good yielding strain. All plants will have a double manifold, of which there will be three plus two additional clones. I intend on making a full canopy of my 4x4, only through mainlining and not scrogging. I also have 1,500 watts of light to play with. I think it's a good goal and definitely possible. I also think that if I don't achieve it I will at least be close.

Aside from that, how do numerous preflowers relate to low yields?

Dude, don't get me wrong, I would love to see you get a pound and I love your enthusiasm, but if they are flowering now any HST you do will significantly decrease your yield. Do you have some not flowering as well? If so, it looks like you will have more than one harvest.

Is it really flowering though? Each of these nodes Shaw developed preflowers aplenty, but they don't multiply at the current sites they just grow more at the new nodes.

At this point I've created a canopy of a little over 40 colas (I think 42). BW-2 and AK-2 will have closer to 30. Now I'm just going to continue to train them over the next few weeks (2 or 3) then flip them All together. You know, aside from my mother plants.

How effective do you think monstercropping would be on a mainlined plant? Would it be worth it without scrogging? (I actually think I'm going to go soil on my extra AK clone and try to Scrog her and the extra BW clone together). I believe I could put them in opposite corners then Scrog them towards the other side of the tent to get a full canopy after a month or two of Veg. Also, I currently have just the one tent and it's becoming apparent I'll need another for my mothers at least!

Monster cropping?
You realise this usually refers to revegging a bud clone?

I know the terminology gets a little mixed up and can have different meanings, but I can't help but wonder if you mean super cropping.

At this point I've created a canopy of a little over 40 colas (I think 42). BW-2 and AK-2 will have closer to 30. Now I'm just going to continue to train them over the next few weeks (2 or 3) then flip them All together. You know, aside from my mother plants.

How effective do you think monstercropping would be on a mainlined plant? Would it be worth it without scrogging? (I actually think I'm going to go soil on my extra AK clone and try to Scrog her and the extra BW clone together). I believe I could put them in opposite corners then Scrog them towards the other side of the tent to get a full canopy after a month or two of Veg. Also, I currently have just the one tent and it's becoming apparent I'll need another for my mothers at least!

In an ideal world we'd all have at least 3 grow rooms/tents. 1 for vegging and mothers and 2 for flowering. Such things are dreams made of.

We often see full room scrogs, but there is nothing wrong with doing smaller scrogs, The only issue then is canopy height and the lights. With multiple lights it should be no drama.

I do actually need to update my expected yield. I was planning on 4oz per manifolded plant but since I lost my chronic I only have 3 plants.

The goal is 12 oz.

Back
Top Bottom