PhishwithPhiv's - 600W - SCROG - WW-XTRM - AK-XTRM - Soil - 2014

Re: PhishwithPhiv’s 600w SCROG - WW-XTRM - AK-XTRM - Soil - 2014

Def under. He started with five.but i think he jus flowered 3 of em.

Entry 36 (8/19): Final Report

I let them hang and dry for 6 days and then cut them down, trimmed them and then laid them out on a screen.

AK:

IMG_079420.jpg
IMG_079622.jpg
IMG_079822.jpg

WW:

IMG_080222.jpg
IMG_080528.jpg

They felt fairly dry (outer vegetation easily broke away and stems would snap) at around day 7 so I put them in mason jars. For the next week I took them out of the jars every day or so and laid them on the screen for around an hour.

Today they are in good shape and at about the level of dryness I want them to stay. I will fine-tune this over the next couple of weeks by letting them out of the jars every other day or so.

I am very happy with the final results. I learned a lot and see how I can make improvements in the future.

The quality is as good as anything I have ever smoked. The taste is good but not great yet (I think it will be with a couple more weeks of curing).

Here is a breakdown of what each plant weighed (I discarded all the leaves and stems):
* Primary = top quality; Secondary = small and loose; Swag = mostly under the screen.

AKI:
Primary: 47g
Secondary: 18g
Swag: 44g

AKII:
Primary: 50g
Secondary: 11g
Swag: 34g

WW:
Primary: 44g
Secondary: 17g
Swag: 41g

Harvest Total:
Primary: 141g
Secondary: 46g
Swag: 119g

In total I ended up with 187g of high quality cannabis. I am delighted with these results. It is much more than I need (or am legally allowed to have) so it is unfortunate that most of it will go to waste (I wish I could donate it to a clinic or something but AK does not offer these opportunities).

Here is the dried and partially cured harvest (AK on the left):

Harvest_141.JPG

Here is the AK:

Harvest_14_AK.JPG

And here is the WW:

Harvest_14_WW_1_.JPG
Harvest_14_WW_2_.JPG

This grow was a good experience and I will likely try again in the coming year.

Here are some things I will do differently:

Germination:
- Leave about an inch or so in the pot so that I can back fill in case of stretching.
- Need to soak seeds for 12 hours or so. Maybe this will help with the problem that caused the 2 WW seeds to have difficulty shedding the shell.
- Set the light to 18" above canopy and keep at 50% dimmed or maybe even 75%.

Vegetative:
- Start nutes earlier (Big Bloom in week 1-2).
- Don't feed twice in a row.
- Feed based on individual need — not as a group - (let them get real dry).
- Mist sparingly (2 times per day — never more than three and use small amount of water).
- Veg 7-10 days longer (mainly due to using 2 plants instead of 3).

Flower:
- Stop tucking 4-7 days earlier.
- When switching to HPS bulb move up 3" — 4" higher. Never let the bulb get closer than 18".
- Make the scrog screen 6" — 9" narrower (i.e. 3' by 2.25' and 8" above soil).
- Just use two plants.
- Let them go an additional week (or so) before harvest.

Thanks to all the comments and to those who followed along.

Wishing you the best,

In total I ended up with 187g of high quality cannabis. I am delighted with these results. It is much more than I need (or am legally allowed to have) so it is unfortunate that most of it will go to waste (I wish I could donate it to a clinic or something but AK does not offer these opportunities).

I guarantee nobody here would agree that it has to go to waste. I'd personally stash it if you're worried about a surplus. I see no reason to dispose of good Cannabis that you worked hard to grow.

You had one hell of a harvest, enjoy yourself, and I hope it helps improve your quality of life.
Have a great weekend brother,
:Namaste:

Re: PhishwithPhiv’s 600w SCROG - WW-XTRM - AK-XTRM - Soil - 2014

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom