SteveHman's Grow 7.0. Advanced LED - Multiple Strains

AS promised (although a few days late) some more shots of how the support is put together in the tent. I used 1/2 inch ID PVC pipe, a boatload of 90s, "T's" and Cross joints. Everything is just slip-fitted together for easy reconfig or removal.
DSCN00015.JPG
DSCN00022.JPG
DSCN00033.JPG

Nothing too complicated, just a good frame work for a screen or added support.

Some shots taken last week on the 12th. (new shot coming soon):
DSCN00054.JPG
DSCN00066.JPG
DSCN00077.JPG

The Blue Venom is really looking fat. Here are a few BuKu shots:
DSCN00086.JPG
DSCN00095.JPG
DSCN00116.JPG

And this is the canopy this morning right after lights out. I literally haven't looked in since last Friday morning.
DSCN00125.JPG

For a neglected group of girls they are looking alright. Maybe a little neglect from dad will make them want to perform a little more to get the attention?

Do you notice that the PH rises as time progresses? Or are you dialing in the water, RO? Or because of your setup, the ph is going down?

Throw us your "Easy riding" input on that...? becayse 5 days without checking my buddy's ph would be 7.8 or highter... lol.

I think the penetration issue with LEDs is going to become less important in the near future. There are bigger and brighter chips coming down the horizon. That being said, we aren't there quite yet.

Yes I think so too. I need another light but I think I'm going with a switchable 600W HID for now to get the ummmm....proper coverage (I think I used the word "penetration" too much and don't want anyone getting all Freudian on me :yikes: ). My next one will probably be LED though & I look forward to trying it out.

Thanks for the input...I'll be following along from this point & look forward to seeing your progress

:thanks:

My DS 300 (2) arrived here , couple of days ago !!-
Damn these things are really bright !!!!!! I'm really impressed !!!

Steve,
what's your vent system in your SJ 120 ? What size of fan do you use , with these lights and how many mins on/off ? Passive intake ?
I assume you run it 24/7 ....

Also, do you run co2 in this grow ?-

Could you link your journal to the first 180 watt advancedled grow? I'd like to get an idea of what kind of results i can expect with that light. I'm considering ordering it

received an email from advanced led about a Cinco de Mayo Sales Event they are having sale price on the leds including free shipping tried to order a couple leds they tried to charge me $90 shipping each led unit how the hell is that free shipping advanced led ???

no amount of talking on the phone could convince them to honor the free shipping from a forum sponsor no less ....
completely disgusted with them and there false statements

so disgusted i ordered the same leds from there supplier eshine thanks robin :D 2 x 400w diamond series out of advanceds quality controlled stock delivered for less the the price advanced led charges for 1 put that in your pipe an smoke it "kyle" when they get here i will be showing everyone on every grow forum there is the shipping details and how they come from the same factory in hk and they are branded with advanced decals

they shipped today

this is exactly why people avoid leds so many shady people selling them

good luck with your grows steve the leds work wonders i have 2 x 200w ds i bought from advanced but im not supporting a company any longer that treats medical patients with such an attitude

They charged shipping to me as well, but I spoke with Kyle and they couldn't do it for free, as I don't live in US !!
Seems logical to me !!

Do you live in US ?

Also, are you sure, they are same lights ?
I see they use 1 watt per led (total LEDs at the amount of watts)
Maybe I missed something !

Could you link your journal to the first 180 watt advancedled grow? I'd like to get an idea of what kind of results i can expect with that light. I'm considering ordering it
You can expect results similar to using HPS. In other words, your cultivation techniques rule results. Air quality, water & nutrients, and genetics of your crop count big-time. If you're starting your first grow, results of experts may not be comparable.

I should have some updated pics up in the morning. I've been trying to get to the BuKu harvest. They have been in total dark since Friday last week and I may be able to give them a chop this Friday. They are looking very frosty, hoping to hit the GPW on that grow, although they really should have vegged for an extra week considering the non-existent stretch.

The tent grow is getting close as well. I am thinking the Blue Venom will be ready in a week, the White Widow a few days later and then the Missing and Sage a week later. The BV is really looking nice and heavy. It is also finishing up quicker than I planned, no complaints on that. I need to get some clones going for the next round, a full run of BV in the test chamber and BuKu in the tent.

To answer the question earlier, I am using a 4 inch vortex fan with a carbon air filter for exhaust. I have it attached to a Sentinel EVC-2 controller (temp and RH). It only runs a few minutes a day. I also have the CO2 controller plugged into the EVC-2 to make sure CO2 is off when the fans are on. It has made the CO2 last much longer this way.

The link to my 180 grow is in my signature block, I think it was 4.0, but it all gets fuzzy after a while. I would definitely go with the DS 200 though, great light!

You can buy 3w from them. You can also choose exactly what spectrums you want and how many of each. For an additional fee of course.

To answer the question earlier, I am using a 4 inch vortex fan with a carbon air filter for exhaust. I have it attached to a Sentinel EVC-2 controller (temp and RH). It only runs a few minutes a day. I also have the CO2 controller plugged into the EVC-2 to make sure CO2 is off when the fans are on. It has made the CO2 last much longer this way.

Excellent !!!!
Thank you very much !!! I'm going to order sentinel evc-2 controller from eBay !!!
For the regulator/c02 controller no prob , I can easily find it in my town !
(I ll go with ecotechnics )

Have u connected the evadry (dehumidifier) in sentinel , as well ?

Have u connected the evadry (dehumidifier) in sentinel , as well ?
Yes I did, it is working great, it fills up about every 2-3 days and my RH has been keeping within the parameters I have it set to. You can run it so that the dehumid comes on or the exhaust or both to control the RH.

Hmmmm !

I see it runs ONLY @ 120volt ?
I can use a transformer (220 to 120) but how can I connect 220volt machines to it?
:(
Rvk fan, aircon. Etc

Any idea appreciated !

Hmmmm !

I see it runs ONLY @ 120volt ?
I can use a transformer (220 to 120) but how can I connect 220volt machines to it?
:(
Rvk fan, aircon. Etc

Any idea appreciated !

They make power expansion modules that you plug your 240v appliance into, and then you plug the module into a 240v receptacle. Then you plug the 120v "trigger" wire into the receptacle on the environmental controller...when the environmental controller turns on, the power expansion module switches on the 240v appliance.

Search for PXM-2, HPH-4, HPH-8, and HAC30A to see which one might suit your needs.

:Namaste:

Here are a few pictures from inside the tent taken yesterday.

The Missing. This one has a ways to go before it looks ready. I would say another two weeks, maybe three. The buds are far behind the others and it definitely has more Sativa characteristics than the others in her. (lesson learned, make sure that all of the plants in the tent are close to the same pheno)
DSC_9716.JPG

SAGE
DSC_9717.JPG

Blue Venom. If this strain tests out as well as I hope, it will make its way to the permanent rotation. It's growing fat and fast!
DSC_9718.JPG

Blue Venom, looking very close to being ready for a chop. Maybe next Wednesday?
DSC_9719.JPG

The White Widow, a few of the colas are developing an immense amount of very white hairs on their tops. Looks a bit freaky.
DSC_9720.JPG

And the BuKu from the test chamber. I plan on chopping it on Monday. I am out all weekend (like most weekends). It will have spent 10 days in a dark cycle before I chop. That is the longest I've let one go before the chop, although one of the breeders recommends two weeks of dark for their White Widow strain.

DSC_9722.JPG
DSC_9723.JPG

I can tell that my lack of maintenance this grow has had a few effects. I didn't do a res-change---at all! So I am having signs of nute burn on the BuKu. Some of the leaves were pretty toasty looking. I'm hoping the week long flush and dark help out with any built-up salts.

I will also be giving the girls in the tent a straight pH'd water diet next feeding or two, they are having a few signs of slight over-nuting. Mainly the Missing. It seems to be more sensitive than the rest. The Blue Venom is having zero issues with the feeding schedule, another reason why it may make my final four list.

This will probably be my last grow of more than two strains in the tent at a time. Next few rounds will either be a single strain, or a play-off style grow between two strains to see which makes it to the finals. I will only be doing single strains in the test chamber and only of one of the strains that has made it to the last round.

So far in my Keepers list I have:
Pineapple Chunk (everyone seems to love it and it is an easy grow)
Lucy (personal favorite of my wife but for some reason not a big mover with the dispensary)

Based on these grows I expect to add BuKu and Blue Venom to the list as well.

Hi SteveHman :Namaste:

Considering your busy schedule the girls look good. Well, you did learn how some love the nutes and some didn't.
I would be proud to have them in my garden. Nice pics too! Wish you had time for some rest Buddy!
:cheer:

That's strange about lucy. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom