Stevehman's Advanced LED 360 vs. 180 - Multiple Strains - NFT Grow 4.0

I've never grown in soil, but have heard you can re-use it. I've also heard people re-using coco coir as well.

I have re-used soil for my tomatoes and peppers though, and I just add some fresh soils and some fertilizer to it and everything's fine. Maybe Mr. K can chime in, I think he has much more soil experience.

Nope, I'm a hydro guy, but would probably avoid re-using soil (it's cheap as dirt!).

If you do, you probably should give it a good flush first to remove any buildup of salts & nutes, and I beleive you allso want to microwave it to kill any living organisms. Then, you would need to re-add nutes to the soil.

If you have a way to bake the soil to 140 degrees, that should kill any pathogens in there. That should kill everything, then you'd have to add all o f your amendments to it. May be easier to buy new soils unless you have a lot to do, then consider using the old soil as a base for some composting. Again, just a thought, I am a hydro guy so any soil advice I give should be considered highly suspect.
:laughtwo:

lol highly suspect huh, well i got a 1/4 bag left so im gonna try and figure somethin out, if anything i can get some rocks and put them in the bottom of the pots to take up alittle space, i think that should be fine.. i dont know i'll have to see when i fill the pots up with what i have left.. i'll have to take some pics too, hopefully it all works out..I definitely wanna thank you guys for your help anyway..thanks

I brought some of the P-chunk down to my local dispensary for a professional opinion on the meds. The owner and two of his budtenders tested them out. All three are very experienced and test everything that comes in. They were very impressed with how smooth it was and the pineapple finish. The owner (who's has a very sophisticated palate--a canna-isseur), he asked me what I used as a sweetener and how I flushed. I told him I didn't use either, he was amazed. Looks like the CES full line did the job, no flushing, just followed the chart. The ash was nice and white and the effects were pretty strong, head, then body, then couch.

Admins, we can move this to the completed journals. Thanks to everyone that followed and contributed, if you liked it +reps are always appreciated. I'll be starting the new journals this weekend.

Steve

Did I miss something? What is the bottom line final 360 vs 180 opinion?

Any gram per watt ratio?

Hash Hound,
I posted the chart a few pages back. I think of the three lights each has it's own special place. The 200w is their new Diamond Series (that was the mystery light) it is the winner in the small space grow, but for a size bigger than this the 360 won in the max yield category. So, to say there is just one winner is not realistic. It really depends on your situation as to which one is best. Is yield more important that electric bill? Is a small stealthy footprint desired? Do you plan on expanding your space... so many variables go into deciding the right light for your individual grow.

I brought some of the P-chunk down to my local dispensary for a professional opinion on the meds. The owner and two of his budtenders tested them out. All three are very experienced and test everything that comes in. They were very impressed with how smooth it was and the pineapple finish. The owner (who's has a very sophisticated palate--a canna-isseur), he asked me what I used as a sweetener and how I flushed. I told him I didn't use either, he was amazed. Looks like the CES full line did the job, no flushing, just followed the chart. The ash was nice and white and the effects were pretty strong, head, then body, then couch.

Admins, we can move this to the completed journals. Thanks to everyone that followed and contributed, if you liked it +reps are always appreciated. I'll be starting the new journals this weekend.

Great grow and journal Steve - can't wait to follow your next one. Congrats my friend! :bravo:

Steve, Hope to see the links for the new journals u are starting posted in this thread for easy following from your medicated crowd. Will be keeping my eyes open the best i can for your new threads.

New threads and links will be up no later than tomorrow morning, weekend got away from me, too many things to do. The tent is about ready to receive the girls for the 800w Diamond Series, (heading out to buy a new timer and fans, and then it's set). The G-buds are finishing up their 1st week of a 2-week veg cycle before I flip them to 12/12 next week. I will get both journals started up and links ASAP!

Hey stevehman, thanks for sharing your grow with us! Awesome!

Have you tried Blue Planet Nutrients 3 part yet? I was curious how you found they compare to CES's 3 part plus additives?

Great info!
Hoping to have a chance to try them out at the end of the month :)

The new journals are up. I had to modify my signature a bit. 420 has a max number of characters allowed in your signature block and I was over with the new journals (it counts all of the BB markup language in the 1,200 character limit).

The two new journals are 5.0 and 5.1. Looking forward to seeing everyone over there.

:Namaste:

Last shameless plug for this month's contest. We are almost 100 votes for the month. The Gigagbud is trailing by 2 points. IF you thought she was a pretty girl, please get out there and vote. If you thought she wasn't, then vote for the best looking in the group. Just vote! The link is in the sig block below.

Voting ends today!

Hello, i have a question this is my first grow i have a cree 180 pro grow my plants are 3 weeks old i am using the blue lights now because some told me the blue lights cause the plants to be female is this true sould i be using both the blue and red lights, i am new and have lots of question, do not want to mess up, this is fun, Tony. if i knew how to upload some picture i would.

Back
Top Bottom