Lush Led vs Advanced Led Featuring Ace of Spades

Ronnie, I'm keeping it as a top secret for now so all I can say is it's a hand built unit fitted with Osram LED's. I'm hoping to get another one for free off him if I can get him lots of sales so I'll wait until my plants have finished in flower, then approach him & suggest he becomes a sponsor here on 420.

He he! New gear coming in all over the place! I tested just one board of my new Osrams and holy hell!!!! Me and BID had spoke at length at this being a new dawn for the tech, but I think even the big guy himself would have had to admitted to UNDER estimating things.
These are such a huge leap forward. Anyone about to run Osrams is going to be very happy even if running different model diodes.

The power you of course notice, yet to me its the light tone that is the biggest aid here. It truly is loads closer to sunshine in the spectrum that you see with the naked eye. Almost looks to the eye like your running a combination of LED and HPS!!!!!

I believe that if this precise horticultural coloration is present in all Osrams than as said above; anyone about to rock some of they're tech is going to be blown away. So for people lucky enough to go Osram at any level, get ready you have been warned! :)

Thanks for the info , excited to learn more :)

speaking of new gear , just ordered a new PH controller today.

Products

I've had nothing but great luck with Autopilot equipment. Ps never buy Titan controllers they suck.

Ronnie, I'm keeping it as a top secret for now so all I can say is it's a hand built unit fitted with Osram LED's. I'm hoping to get another one for free off him if I can get him lots of sales so I'll wait until my plants have finished in flower, then approach him & suggest he becomes a sponsor here on 420.

Thats cool , it will be a surprise.

I'd love to tell everyone what it is but it will take away my bargaining chip. I've mentioned a few times in my emails to him about him sending me a free light as sales commission but he keeps ignoring that bit & answers everything else :/ I'm hoping I can get a list of prospective buyers together then approach him again.:) It's a cunning plan & I hope it works but I do have my doubts

I'd love to tell everyone what it is but it will take away my bargaining chip. I've mentioned a few times in my emails to him about him sending me a free light as sales commission but he keeps ignoring that bit & answers everything else :/ I'm hoping I can get a list of prospective buyers together then approach him again.:) It's a cunning plan & I hope it works but I do have my doubts

I hope it all comes together for you bro :)

:cheer::high-five::thumb:

Please share your impressions of this device with us when appropriate. Sounds interesting. I am looking at a DWC in the near future and this could come in handy.

Here's a video on the new PH controller I'll be installing in a few days. :)

Auto ph adjustment! Cool! :thumb:

I love all the gadgets you find. I'm eager to get to that phase in my basement, but I plan to build a more centralized version.

Re the wireless camera thing...
Have you ever considered putting an old laptop in the grow room? It could do lots of things for you there. One being, run some USB webcams. The cameras with wifi cards built in cost a lot more. You can still make the video available via a web page. You would also have better control over security.

I have an old laptop in my basement, but I put it away as it wasn't doing anything... yet! I'm planning a lot of the cool tech stuff like you have going, but my plan is to have it all centrally controlled/managed via a computer. I will monitor both visually via cameras and also by logging various measurements (ph, temp, etc). I also have an electronics background, so I've been working on a design for a USB based PLC to let the laptop control the various devices (pumps, fans, AC, CO2, etc). The limiting reagent for all of this is time. My basement is nearly perpetual (2 cycles of ~5 weeks each). The first side is up and running as of 2 days ago. I have the lighting for the second side here, so I will get it setup next week. The point is, soon I will have some of the time I need to work on automation!

On the Prozap bug strip, if used all the way through flower can you taste it? Do you have to do a bud wash?

I've not noticed any taste on the flowers. I do like to wash my buds during harvest, but I did not wash my most recent harvest due to lack of time. (I couldn't afford the extra time it would add this round.)

While I think the 'smoothness' of the buds may be affected (although that's still uncertain), I can't tell that there is any taste from the ProZap.

The ProZap has a distinct odor. I always smell it when I open first enter. It's the type of odor that I think you would detect on the flowers either by smell or taste. I can't detect any.

This is a legitimate concern though. The only real way to know for sure would be lab testing. I'm getting close to the point where I will be starting to test mine, but it will likely be another 6-12 months until I'm at that stage. Of course, I will share what I learn. :)

Okay, I have satisfied my lust for knowledge (for now) A big thank you Ronnie, Renegade & hiker, you guys are very kind to share your knowledge. So I'm thinking that if I put the strip further away from the exhaust so it would be pulled across the room?

Yes, put it away from the exhaust. I also assume you have fans mixing the air too? You should be able to smell that the ProZap is working. I'm bad about watching the 4 month time. To determine when I need to replace it, I pretty much go by smell. :blalol:

EDIT:
OK I gotta stop researching this or I will not get my work done :blalol:

I found this though:
Peristaltic Liquid Pump with Silicone Tubing - 12V DC Power
I'm familiar with this site, but had not seen this particular item before. Another piece of the puzzle! Thanks Ronnie.

Just as an FYI, those wireless SD cards cost about 50 dollars, I don't recall the gig amount, but they aren't bugged out yet. Still have problems. I would love to get one for my outside birdcams. I wouldn't have to pull the cards to download the video or photos it takes.

I'm waiting for the tech to improve on those. I like the idea of using the computer. Is there a way for my television to pick up the video from the webcam, wirelessly? Or does the cam have to be wireless?

How much is that pH controller?

Nevermind Google FTW:) ~$370

I paid $280 for it on amazon

I love all the gadgets you find. I'm eager to get to that phase in my basement, but I plan to build a more centralized version.

Have you ever considered putting an old laptop in the grow room? It could do lots of things for you there. One being, run some USB webcams. The cameras with wifi cards built in cost a lot more. You can still make the video available via a web page. You would also have better control over security.

I have an old laptop in my basement, but I put it away as it wasn't doing anything... yet! I'm planning a lot of the cool tech stuff like you have going, but my plan is to have it all centrally controlled/managed via a computer. I will monitor both visually via cameras and also by logging various measurements (ph, temp, etc). I also have an electronics background, so I've been working on a design for a USB based PLC to let the laptop control the various devices (pumps, fans, AC, CO2, etc). The limiting reagent for all of this is time. My basement is nearly perpetual (2 cycles of ~5 weeks each). The first side is up and running as of 2 days ago. I have the lighting for the second side here, so I will get it setup next week. The point is, soon I will have some of the time I need to work on automation!

I've not noticed any taste on the flowers. I do like to wash my buds during harvest, but I did not wash my most recent harvest due to lack of time. (I couldn't afford the extra time it would add this round.)

While I think the 'smoothness' of the buds may be affected (although that's still uncertain), I can't tell that there is any taste from the ProZap.

The ProZap has a distinct odor. I always smell it when I open first enter. It's the type of odor that I think you would detect on the flowers either by smell or taste. I can't detect any.

This is a legitimate concern though. The only real way to know for sure would be lab testing. I'm getting close to the point where I will be starting to test mine, but it will likely be another 6-12 months until I'm at that stage. Of course, I will share what I learn. :)

Yes, put it away from the exhaust. I also assume you have fans mixing the air too? You should be able to smell that the ProZap is working. I'm bad about watching the 4 month time. To determine when I need to replace it, I pretty much go by smell. :blalol:

EDIT:

I found this though:
Peristaltic Liquid Pump with Silicone Tubing ID: 1150 - $24.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
I'm familiar with this site, but had not seen this particular item before. Another piece of the puzzle! Thanks Ronnie.

My IP cameras all work off of wifi, they are connected to my router and I have a security program called Blue Iris that runs everything , so many features I cant imagine needing them all.
Love the plans on automation. :)

Just as an FYI, those wireless SD cards cost about 50 dollars, I don't recall the gig amount, but they aren't bugged out yet. Still have problems. I would love to get one for my outside birdcams. I wouldn't have to pull the cards to download the video or photos it takes.

I'm waiting for the tech to improve on those. I like the idea of using the computer. Is there a way for my television to pick up the video from the webcam, wirelessly? Or does the cam have to be wireless?

I have a Sony Google tv in my bedroom that i can view the camera feeds from.

EDIT:

I found this though:
Peristaltic Liquid Pump with Silicone Tubing - 12V DC Power

Hiker, do you know of a temp/humidity system with multiple sensors that could be hooked up through usb? I'm having trouble finding them but I'm not to techy. I want to run them on a old computer so I can graph hourly temps.

Hiker, do you know of a temp/humidity system with multiple sensors that could be hooked up through usb? I'm having trouble finding them but I'm not to techy. I want to run them on a old computer so I can graph hourly temps.

my new monitoring system logs temps and humidity readings in graph format from multiple sensors. don't know if it will work with your computer.

La Crosse alerts is the system I use. :)

my new monitoring system logs temps and humidity readings in graph format from multiple sensors. don't know if it will work with your computer.

Ive looked into them but it appears you pay more their service then the units, but i will look into them further. i honestly dont need remote alerts im more interested in graphing software so i can see multiple points in my two rooms. Thanks Ronnie.

second screen frame is up.

Cam2_20140906_193009.jpg
Cam2_20140906_213345.jpg
Cam2_20140906_213256.jpg

I'll attach the net trellis tomarrow. :)

I'm not that far along yet. I won't necessarily be looking for a USB sensor. My goal is to plug a central controller into the laptop and have the sensors and such plug into that device. I want my controller to be able to respond to the readings, so a stand alone device will probably not serve my needs. Most likely I will just use some sort of sensor/probe and then have a device reading the signal and then calibrate it myself.

I looked at these and they appear to be great systems. I almost pulled the trigger a couple times, but I'm trying to hold out until I can build my dream machine. :winkyface:

Back
Top Bottom