Stevehman's Advanced LED 360 vs. 180 - Multiple Strains - NFT Grow 4.0

an JZ, please pount me in the right direction for a sponsored LED ...strapped for cash with no work and that job I was working ripped me off, even had to pay my helpers out of me an the wife's savings...

Crap GT ! :popcorn:

Sounds like my son...he's a painting contractor.:smokin::smokin:

GT, I'm kicking myself for having just loaned out my other 'Brand X' LED unit...dammit. I wonder if a sponsor in need of an iMac would trade for a pair of 300's so I could get you one and me one. I don't have the cash to get you one :(

thank JZ, u r a kind soul!!!
OMM, 75% of my work is painting, was my fathers legal trade....btw, perfect job for a stoner...the job i was recently ripped off on was mostly painting, that motel near Fort Rucker...
Propa, I LOVE my HPS's, but LEDs are so cool, and they are kool, oh and save energy...

thank JZ, u r a kind soul!!!
OMM, 75% of my work is painting, was my fathers legal trade....btw, perfect job for a stoner...the job i was recently ripped off on was mostly painting, that motel near Fort Rucker...
Propa, I LOVE my HPS's, but LEDs are so cool, and they are kool, oh and save energy...

W rose nothing worse than a laid back painter....my son has been ripped I don't know how many times. Redding Ca. owes him a ton.:smokin:

Hey Steve quick question....After waiting a month I just received my Diamond Series 200 watt and the first thing I noticed when I turned it on was that they put four GREEN led's in my light....I didn't expect any GREEN in this light at all. Do you know anything about this? Did I get screwed??

I don't think they screwed you at all. They have been testing the effects of green on some of the test lights and have noticed an increase in some effects in the veg stage that improve overall growth. I wasn't aware that they had put any into the new lights, but haven't advertised it as such yet. I am running a few tests myself to see how they effect total yield. I'll post those results in my journals once all of the data is in.

I guarantee you will be very happy with how that light performs for you. If not they do offer a no questions asked return for 90 days and a 3 year warranty.

They have been testing thee effects of green on some of the test lights and have noticed an increase in some effects in the veg stage that improve overall growth. I wasn't aware that they had put any into the new lights, but haven't advertised it as such yet. I am running a few tests myself to see how they effect total yield. I'll post those results in my journals once all of the data is in.

Here is a link to a doc that shows there are in fact two photoactive chemicals that absorb green light.

Sativa that have purple coloration exhibit this clearly. Also these are the pigments visible in leaves in the fall as they decay slower than chlorophyll.

https://www.sunpulselamps.com/uploads/Spectrum-white-sheet.pdf

Here is a link to a doc that shows there are in fact two photoactive chemicals that absorb green light.

Sativa that have purple coloration exhibit this clearly. Also these are the pigments visible in leaves in the fall as they decay slower than chlorophyll.

https://www.sunpulselamps.com/uploads/Spectrum-white-sheet.pdf

We had part of this discussion in the lighting forum. I listed a few of the wavelengths used for different plant chemicals. Here is a link to that talk

I have been reading up on leds, I like them. I have 2 tents a dr80 31"x31" and a dr150w 31"x 60" I also have a 600hps, I want to get a bigger tent 4'x8' or 78"x 78". what would be a better purchase for the tents i have now and that would give me good expandability. 3 ds100 or 2 ds200. 4 240 blackstars or 2 500 blackstars. also why do u like advanced over blackstar? thank u so much i know im asking alot but im a noob when it comes to leds and i dont want to make a mistake.

I have been reading up on leds, I like them. I have 2 tents a dr80 31"x31" and a dr150w 31"x 60" I also have a 600hps, I want to get a bigger tent 4'x8' or 78"x 78". what would be a better purchase for the tents i have now and that would give me good expandability. 3 ds100 or 2 ds200. 4 240 blackstars or 2 500 blackstars. also why do u like advanced over blackstar? thank u so much i know im asking alot but im a noob when it comes to leds and i dont want to make a mistake.

I would go with four of the 240s for a more even canopy coverage and increased 3rd-off effect.

I like Advanced for several reasons.
A) They're a sponsor on this site and help keep this site/community going
B) I've tested the Advanced against other lights and they outperformed the other guys by a far margin
C) The lights actually put out as advertised (ie a 600w actually uses 600w)
D) They are on a constant improvement program, they are always looking for the next improvement to help deliver bigger yields
E) Best customer service I've dealt with

I have not used a Blackstar, they might be a great product, I have no evidence for or against them. I would suggest doing a search on the forums to see if you can find a journal using them. What I can tell you from reading the description is that it has 80 3watt chips. That is how they derive their wattage for the light. If they are truly drawing 240watts I would not buy them. That would mean they are driving the chips at 100% which will increase heat and reduce lifespan. Most manufacturers are only driving their chips at 1.5~2.5 watts, the higher the watts the brighter, hotter and shorter their lifespan.

So if the blackstar is driving the chips at 2 watts, they are actually only putting out 160 watts not the advertised 240. When you buy an Advanced 200, it has 100 3 watt chips (20 more than the Blackstar 240?) and has a typical draw of 185~200 watts.

They cost more, but they have features the others don't. Plus a 90 day money back and a 3 year warranty, who else can match that?

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

great grow dude! been wanting to see 360w results. ive had my eye on this light for the past 2 years but due to the price i went with the 357magnun plus. i should have done a grow journal but due to work schedule i did not have enough time to update while caring. i am harvesting i do have pics from clone to flower, so all you veiwers of steve please check up with me in the next 2 weeks ill be posting a picture post of my 2 purple kush ebb n flow 357magnum grow. great job tho steve i enjoyed viewing your grow.

my grow space is about 32"x32" or 7 sq ft.

We were using a 400w Hps which I thought was quite sufficient.

Partner is a bigger is better kind of guy so we upgraded 2 grows ago to 600w Hps which does generate a lot of heat in that small space.

We are thinking of upgrading to an LED.

Question I have is what size would I need for 32"x32" to get the same results the 600W is giving us?

Go with 357 magnum plus. Great led light that they say is equivant to a 600w hps and only uses 180 w. I'll have my story up with what one 357 magnum led light will give you.

Back
Top Bottom