SteveHman's Grow 7.0. Advanced LED - Multiple Strains

Hi Steve. Guess you might understand how come I come and go so often. Never enough time. At least I do come back lol. No more moderator? It does eat alot of time babysitting the threads lol. I got a nice aero tech I would like to show ya. Its a very good producer and would work well with your system. Hope to see ya again soon.

39810.JPG

39910.JPG

just got done reading all of your journal's stevehman! took me a few days, but I enjoyed every second of it and consumed an unbelievable amount of info! I hope to be producin some tasty fruits someday, and your journals taught me quite a bit! thanks a bunch :Namaste:

I use T5 for clones and moms and then put them under the Diamond Series lights at half-power until they are acclimated (about a week).

so what if you start seedlings under an led? will this affect the plants? im a little confused cuz im planning my grow room at the moment and i was just planning on getting 4 100w diamond series lights for my 4' by 4' grow area. i want to do things right as this is my first grow op and im not sure what you mean by the plants getting acclimated to the led's. if i just started them under led's for their whole life cycle would they be ok?

love the setup by the way it looks very similar to the setup i have in mind. this is the first journal ive started reading and am planning on reading the rest of your journals!

GREAT JOB!

so what if you start seedlings under an led? will this affect the plants? im a little confused cuz im planning my grow room at the moment and i was just planning on getting 4 100w diamond series lights for my 4' by 4' grow area. i want to do things right as this is my first grow op and im not sure what you mean by the plants getting acclimated to the led's. if i just started them under led's for their whole life cycle would they be ok?

love the setup by the way it looks very similar to the setup i have in mind. this is the first journal ive started reading and am planning on reading the rest of your journals!

GREAT JOB!

I just sprouted 5 P-Chunks under couple of T5's until 1st set then I put them under an Advanced LED all blue 180W and they are growing like MAD!!

By acclimated he means you could fry them easily with a full power LED. Basically the same reason they sell dimable HPS, to let the plat get sued to the more intense light slowly.

Steve,

How far were your LED panels from the seedlings? I have the 300w and the documentation says at least 30" from seedlings. Just wonder how far above 30" would be ideal. Also, when did you get it closer and turn on the 2nd switch?

Hey Steve been awhile. I understand alot of people can't devote alo of time without hurts other things, BUT it sure seemed you loved 'the grow'. Hey just a thought, dirt.......... It's soooo much more low maintaince and forgiving on the fertilizers. In fact some fert's last all growing season. It wood make it easier to carry on a small water and forget cloest to keep ya in weed. Ofcourse I imagine you are still going anyways just not posting. Least I hope so. GL and Keepem Green

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Re: SteveHman's Grow 7.0. Advanced LED, BPN, multiple strains

I was thinking about upgrading my tent to the Dr240w but the more i think about it im going to just get two dr120s so i can have two flower rooms one for autos and one for standard flowering. I like the advanced Led lights but the price is kind of steep, i have to spend 1500$+ for 3 ds200s and i can get the same coverage and power draw from two blackstar 500s and save 500$+. I wish someone would do a grow to compare blackstar and advanced led.
all the performance and technology is in the spectrum ratio and the leds. currrently there is no company using the best leds on the market cause they are just too exspensive. alll companies use chinese made leds that are extremely cheap and really great for the price. for example bridgelux or epistar does not make leds suitable for growlights they only make the interior chip then multiple other companies do the manufacturing and wavelengths n all that. some companies do use some real cree leds (cree being the cheapest on the highend market) but they usually only use a few and fill in the rest with no name bridgelux or epistar based. it is just too exspensive to use top brands like luxeon, everlight, led engin, or osram and you neeed to work with multiple brands to get a good spectrum and there are still a few that u cant get. the chinese manufacturers will do almost anything you ask you can get any wavlength for a crazy cheap price, they are alll the same obsolete design but they work and have comparible lumens they just arent as reliable or long lasting, 50000 hours compared to 100000 with everlight. the majority of led grow light companies by the whole light from china and just put a new name on it instead of just buying the leds from them. they all end up being overpriced. as long as you know what spectrum and ratio you want (hydrogrow uses 4:1) buying the no name growlights from china wholesalers is always the best way to go, you only pay about a dollar per watt compared to 5X that with american companies that still use the same components. any company that claims to use the best leds or have special technology is just a bunch of bullshit. other then the lenses and leds the rest of the technology has been around for years and is manufactured for pennies. I build my own leds using the everlight luxeon osram and led engin. right now im incorpurating a wifi controller and pulse modulation dimming each wavelength has its own dimmer wich allows me to have a completely adjustable spectrum with no loss of power and also be monitored and controlled via an iphone app. a light like this would most like sell for $5000 for a 500w which obviously knowone would ever pay that no matter how awsome

tsmit, some of your information is correct, however, you are off base on a few of your comments. LEDEngin and Everlight are not near the quality you are giving them credit for. Everlight is a knockoff of Luxeon Rebels. If you compare the datasheets you will see what I am referring too. I was actually attempting to use them a couple of years ago, but couldn't get a sample pack or buy them in a quantity smaller than a 400 diode reel. I believe that there is now one company selling them on a cut reel but I haven't looked for a while. Bridgelux makes a very good blue diode, but they have sold the production rights off to nearly ever Chinese company and since they have the rights they call their produce Bridgelux. They do not make any red diodes (this is the first sign that the company is lying to you). Cree is far from being the cheapest of the high end market. Osram covers that rather well. The biggest issue I have come across is the fact that to get the spectral distribution I want REQUIRES different manufactures diodes and not many companies are welling to make a board and drivers that cover the different amperage and diode layout that is needed to produce a quality product. This leaves me with the only option of making my own prototype PCBs, hand mounting all of my diodes, and building my own drivers. This requires a lot of time and money, that makes it impossible to produce a quality functioning product at an affordable price.

Back
Top Bottom