Stevehman's Advanced LED's Height Test - 720W - Gigabud - Grow 5.0

I really consider the Aeroflo to be an NFT more than an Aero (I always refer to it as an NFT, although it's not quite 100% NFT).

I am adding a feed line to the system that will allow me to increase the flow to the tubes and still use the spray lines as well since they do a great job of aerating the root zone. It will be a hybrid between my DIY from grow 3.0 and the Aeroflo system, trying to combine the best of both systems.

I really consider the Aeroflo to be an NFT more than an Aero (I always refer to it as an NFT, although it's not quite 100% NFT).

I am adding a feed line to the system that will allow me to increase the flow to the tubes and still use the spray lines as well since they do a great job of aerating the root zone. It will be a hybrid between my DIY from grow 3.0 and the Aeroflo system, trying to combine the best of both systems.

I was thinking of adding double laser lines of 1/8 nylon line, so two laser lines per plant site. Maybe a capillary mat, dunno after seeing your results in 5.0 seems unnecessary.

You can buy the laser lines pre-made from GH or from a hydro shop. They're about $10 each, pretty cheap. I don't think a capillary mat would be necessary, I had thought of using a coco mat, but had concerns about anaerobic bacteria growing under it.

I have been trying to find info on LED's for weeks. This thread has been fantastic, thanks Steve!

Welcome to 420mag shamus.

There are a number of us here using LED's from a couple different companies. Search around a bit and you'll find journals with anywhere from 180 watt units to multiple 300-800 watt units growing from 1-30 plants (or more).

I have been trying to find info on LED's for weeks. This thread has been fantastic, thanks Steve!

Me too. I just read this last night. Will start on the other one tonight. Thanks for the info Steve.

Thanks for stopping in guys, glad I could provide some information on LEDs. I also put together an LED buyer's guide (in my signature block) that has quite a bit of information and input from several members.

Hey Steve, do you have an opinion on what Advanced LED's to use on a 3 x 6 space?
I would go with three 300s or four 200s, or two 400s. Using my baseline of 40 watts per foot, you would want about 720 watts total in there. You could get by with less, but this will give you a really nice footprint. I provided three options, because things change, you may find yourself expanding and may want to start of with the 400s because they will support your plan of going to a 4x8 space. If you are staying in a 3x6, any of the suggestions would work fine. Much would also depend on what type of grow you are planning (soil, hydro, SOG, SCROG etc...). If budget is an issue you could make do with a pair of 300s as well and that will provide a very nice footprint.

Four 200s | | | |
Three 300s | | |
Two 400s __ __
Two 300s __ __

That is a basic layout in the space. Any of the four would work, but your specifics may determine which is best.

Fantastic guys, thank you! I'm going on my virgin voyage here hopefully Dec 1st. No one in my area thinks growing with LED's is a good idea. But you guys pushing the envelope is great encouragement.

Just catching up alittle on your trip. That's alotta clones. I don't know why I don't have a good return on my clones. I'm lucky with 70%. Oh well one day I'll have to learn the real abc's of it. But I see you got a Sage. I hear tail that's some 'bad ass weed'. Sure takes along time flowering. This is interesting for I happen to have acouple seed of that variety. I'd guess you woodn't veg them out to long. Well looking great dude.
Keepem Green

What about using the 800?
You'll get a better footprint and more even coverage (and in my opinion a better yield) by going with more smaller units than the big one. The 800 should really be used in a much bigger space and in multiple units, (like three of them in a 4x8 tent). Trust me, you'll be better off and happier going with the same amount of watts in smaller units (ie... four 200s, or two 400s).

Just catching up alittle on your trip. That's alotta clones. I don't know why I don't have a good return on my clones. I'm lucky with 70%. Oh well one day I'll have to learn the real abc's of it. But I see you got a Sage. I hear tail that's some 'bad ass weed'. Sure takes along time flowering. This is interesting for I happen to have acouple seed of that variety. I'd guess you woodn't veg them out to long. Well looking great dude.
Keepem Green
Thanks Norcaliwood. This is my first time growing Sage, it was a special request from the dispensary, it is the favorite meds for a few of the members, so why not give it a whirl. Mr. Smith gave more some pointers on it too, any input is appreciated on this strain. I will let them go for a few days in veg before I flip them, I typically don't give them a veg at all, but these clones were smaller from the new process.

Hope you have better luck on your clones in the future. Not sure what I am doing that is getting me 100% results, I'll have to do a short journal on it next time I clone, I'm sure it will just be a re-hash of what's already been put out though.

Back
Top Bottom