1st Hydro Grow

Good morning from the jungle.

Well, Saturday night's trim job definately seems to be helping. A number of the lower budsites have shown a dramatic increase in developement, so I'm relieved with that.

It's getting right down to it. After smoking those quick dried, immature buds, I'm really pumped at the thought of some properly cured, fully mature buds. Guess we're around a month away from that.

How 'bout some pics?

rsz_100_0491.jpg

rsz_100_0492.jpg

rsz_100_0493.jpg

rsz_100_0494.jpg

rsz_100_0495.jpg

rsz_100_0496.jpg

rsz_100_0497.jpg

rsz_100_0498.jpg

That's about it for the pics today...
Any thoughts, opinions or advice welcome.
Y'all have a great day!

To all you guys and gals following this journal...

I have noticed a trend the last week or so of many, many views and next to no comments. Since I uploaded this am's pics an hour or so ago, there have been nearly 100 views with no response. That's fine, no problem. That being the case I'm going to change the way I'm running this journal. I'm going to turn it into a picture journal. Every 4-5 days I'll post some pics for all to see.

I don't want y'all to get the idea that I'm upset or anything like that. It's just I follow 75+ journals (some of which I'm simply going to have to drop) and have volunteered for the Hospitality Team, which takes a bit of time, and it's gotten to the point I'm on 6-8 hours a day, seven days a week, and I need to use my time a little better. Like the wife said, "you're working the same hours you were before you retired, and it ain't payin' nothing." She has a point...lmao!

I'll still post a smoke report and a journal wrap up when this grow is done, just need to do a little better job of managing my time. Hope y'all understand.

It has reached the point of diminishing returns for me as well. However, your consistant views and helpful posts have turned what was sure to be a failure into a productive, educational grow. I would hate for you to burn out, with all the great information you have in your head. It would be a loss of epic proportions to this site were that to happen.

Don't worry fellas, the journal(s) will continue, it's just going to be picture heavy from now on. I'm glad that it has helped you learn, it's been a hell of a learning experience for me as well. I'm just getting to the point of being a little burnt out, and I'm sure that after a few days to a week of reduced online time, my batteries will be recharged and I'll come back with a vengence. I'm looking forward to documenting a side by side hydro vs soil grow with clones taken from Gigabud. It seems such a commonly asked set of question ..."which is better...which yields more...which is more potent..." that I thought we'd try to answer some of them. Just need a little break, and I have commited myself to the Hospitality Team, so that is where I'll be spending the majority of my time for a few days.

Good morning all!

Well it turns out that I'm a junkie for my own journal...lol. Dropped 35 of the 85 journals I've been following, and cut my online time in half. It was getting pretty difficult to keep up with what everyone in those journals was doing, often I had to go back a day or two and re-read just to get back up to speed, so I didn't make a post/comment that was outdated or worse, confuse two different journals (yes that has happened...more than once, actually). So after some streamlining, and a good day and a half break, I'm back and ready to roll.

Today, I'm changing out the res, for what may end up being the last time with this grow. I have had a couple of the plants lagging behind the other two, but in the last three days, they have just exploded and have nearly caught up. I don't know if the branch pruning is resposible for the increased developement or not, but somthing kicked them into gear.

Anyhow, this one's coming right down to it now. The trich production is in overdrive, and this morining I saw the first evidence of milky trichs. Just a very few, but now is the time to really be keeping an eye on them.

I still think that I may have to progressivly harvest some of the buds, but that's no problem at all. Big question now is going to be when to hit them with 48 hours of darkness. This is a technique that I've obviously never tried before, with my outdoor background, but I have read about it in many journals as a way to really boost resin prduction, so why not try it!

How bout some pics?

rsz_100_05011.jpg

rsz_100_0502.jpg

rsz_100_0503.jpg

rsz_100_0504.jpg

rsz_100_0505.jpg

rsz_100_0506.jpg

rsz_100_0507.jpg

rsz_100_0508.jpg

That'll do it for today. Hope y'all enjoy!

Thought I'd send up one more pic. Now you can see why I don't want to try and untangle the roots...it is truly the root mass from hell!

rsz_100_0509.jpg

Back
Top Bottom