1st Hydro Grow

Looking great! I am seeing a few of your leaves starting to turn on the edges. This could be due to a ph problem or heat.

Heat. My exhaust fan was accidentally unplugged for a good portion of the day and night yesterday while I was at friends house. Spiked up the temps to Arizona in August temps. For the most part they have begun to return to normal, although there was some damage that may not heal. Fortunately, I don't think there is anything disasterous about it, but it did lead me to wire up a new outlet early this am so this doesn't happen again.

I have gone completely beserk on ph...bought me a tri-meter and check the thing every couple of hours...I'm having to adjust ph about 3 times every 24 hours, but I've been holding it between 5.4-5.9 with the religious fervor of the newly converted.

It sure is nice to know you're still dropping in on this from time to time. I've referred several people to you for grow support. You have my absolute respect as a grower and educator!

+rep for you Ms Fox

I know what you mean about trying to keep up with too many journals. At first I was trying to keep up with all the new journals. But, that's impossible unless your on 24/7. I wasn't getting any sleep! So, I've been away from the computer for a little while. But, now I'm back.
Anyway, your plants are filling in nicely! That root ball looks like an eagles nest!
Yea, you'll want to keep an eye on those trichomes. My plants were fooling me, and seemed to take forever to ripen.
Great work! +reps

My plants were fooling me, and seemed to take forever to ripen.
Great work! +reps

Thanks for the rep Brother. Yeah, it's hard to wait, but so many grows have been ruined by impatience. I am, however, considering hiring a witch doctor to come in and chant supplications to the gods to speed this up!

quick update...plants have taken up 2 gallons of water overnight...I'm raising a bunch of drunks! Really took up alot of nutes as well...at least they aren't malnourished drunks.

Pics...

rsz_100_05131.jpg

rsz_100_05141.jpg

rsz_100_0515.jpg

rsz_100_0516.jpg

rsz_100_0517.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the progress. I can see daily enlargement of the buds, and that one cola has me thinking about the bud of the month contest. I'll be at a competitive disadvantge I know, what with it being an AF dwarf, but it's still looking awfully good. Can't wait to see it dried and cured.

SouthernWeed man that's a very nice garden. I see where you were coming from on the root ball. The Ph issue is from the nutes being nearly exhausted.:smokin:
I am sorry that I haven't stopped by in a couple of days to check your thread.:smokin:
You are doing great my friend.:cheer:
:nicethread:
+rep if I can Ha HA it let me.

Pan4

Thanks for the rep Pan...This has been a grow conducted by proxy for you. I have learned so much from just listening to what you have said. I can't emphasize this enough to those like me, growers changing mediums, or new growers, listen to what you are told by those who have been doing it longer than you.

Looking great man... All I can say is I hope when I get around to my first hydro grow it turns out as good as yours, everything looks nice and healthy

Thanks Brother. Full credit to Grow Support from all directions...Pan, Ms Fox and Mcbudz all had a hand in this...I just did what I was told.

Good morning all.

Plants are still guzzling water and nutes, and the buds are filling out with almost visable speed. Went to bed last night at around 12am got up at 5:45am and there was a noticeable difference in the buds. I'm thinking that 3 out of the 4 will exceed breeders weight estimate and one looks like it'll be right about on the mark. These are just my own estimates, but it's not my first time seeing buds on the branch. Anyhow, thought I'd throw up some pics for all to see...hope you enjoy!

rsz_100_0518.jpg

rsz_100_05191.jpg

rsz_100_0520.jpg

rsz_100_0521.jpg

rsz_100_0522.jpg

Looks like I may still have to progressivly harvest the plants to allow some of the lower budsites to fully mature, but that isn't a problem at all.

As always comments, suggestions and opinions welcome!

Well quick update here...Gigabud is looking kind of sick. Not to suprising since she's been dining on bloom nute instead of veg nutes. That is unfortunate, but unavoidable. So later today I'm going to cut as many clones as I can from her and start the side by side as soon as they are sufficently rooted. Bums me out a bit that I'm probably not going to be able to flower her, but thats the way it goes. I'm having some concerns that I'm rootbound and the WD may end up suffering in the last week and a half of the grow. Anyhow, I'll try to post up some pics of the cuttings later today...going to use the new tote to make a temporary home for the majority of the cuttings. I'll put several into soil as well.

sup Southern...
they will live. Ive been raping my lil plant for genetic material so much its comical. Sorry I havent ben following for a bit but its hard to keep up.
props bro

I know how you feel Brother...I had to drop a bunch of journals I was following due to the fact my ass was trying to put down roots in the chair. Glad you could stop by...

Hello Southernweed,
For this being your first HP grow you are growing like an experience HP grower. I know how hard it is to keep everything under control. Those root systems look the picture of health. I cannot critique anything cause your grow is looking great. If your buds look like that now, I would say you got the bull by the horns for your new found HP method. I love trying new smoke, I'll bet yours is getting better with each lil pickin ??
I just got a new pair of herb shears, need help with the manicuring??? umm and tasting??
fin
o<

Hello Southernweed,
For this being your first HP grow you are growing like an experience HP grower. I know how hard it is to keep everything under control. Those root systems look the picture of health. I cannot critique anything cause your grow is looking great. If your buds look like that now, I would say you got the bull by the horns for your new found HP method. I love trying new smoke, I'll bet yours is getting better with each lil pickin ??
I just got a new pair of herb shears, need help with the manicuring??? umm and tasting??
fin
o<

Thanks for the kind words there Fineas. I wish I could accept the credit for the grow, but I have just done what I was told. I have learned more than I ever thought I would, and can't wait to apply all that to the next grow.

Back
Top Bottom