Stevehman's Advanced LED's Height Test - 720W - Gigabud - Grow 5.0

A few people had asked to see what the roots looked like in the NFT. They created a thick mat about an inch thick covering the entire bottom of the system. I had tried to take the largest plant out whole for a picture but you can see why I couldn't get it out:
DSCN01957.JPG
DSCN01946.JPG

The slight discoloration is from the nutes. They have a fresh vegetable smell to them.

This is the reason you want to have a good clean-out opening in your system. Mine has a 4 inch hole at the end and the entire root mass came out in one long strip, just rolled it up as it came out. It held a ton of nutes too.

Now it time to clean up the system and get ready for the next round. Lucy and SAGE going in there, 10 each. The clones should be ready to go in by the end of next week!

A quick update on my clone project. I took these cuttings last week, just using coco coir/perlite mix, weak nutes/Olivia's and clonex gel. A week later not a single yellow leaf or a wilted cutting. I don't have any roots poking out of the bottom yet but I think that will be soon. For the clones going into the NFT I will give them a quick dunk in some R/O water to rinse off the coco before I put them in net pots. I am also thinking of using the coco cup liners this time, maybe in half of the grow to see if it helps. Just looking for tweaks to the system at this time. I have one in mind that I will try out next grow as well.
DSCN01965.JPG

Steve have you ever had your meds tested for potency? I spoke to a man working at a dispensary who said that despite looking very good a lot of the LED grown meds have been below average when actually tested for THC content. This came as a shock to me as I am a fan of the technology and in no small way because of your work in particular.

Pure Analytics is the lab said despencary uses. I would be extremly intrested to see some hard figures if that's at all a possability.

Steve have you ever had your meds tested for potency? I spoke to a man working at a dispensary who said that despite looking very good a lot of the LED grown meds have been below average when actually tested for THC content. This came as a shock to me as I am a fan of the technology and in no small way because of your work in particular.

Pure Analytics is the lab said despencary uses. I would be extremly intrested to see some hard figures if that's at all a possability.
I would like to get them tested, but don't know about sending lab samples through the mail. Maybe by overnight courier? So far I've had no complaints from the dispensary regarding strength or quality. In fact one of the well-seasoned BTs said that my Pineapple Chunk is his all-time favorite.

Hey all I can say is WOW dude. That looks like some killer buddage you got there. Some healthy looking roots also. You did a great job dude. +++ all around. I do see afew people doing great jobs with the LED'S. I guess I'm just stuck in that era. And seems to work for me. You did a great job man I'm impressed. Hey I have a question?????? I got a hydro growing with straight GH Flora nut's and I'm real close to final flush. Any thoughts of what can add alittle flower boost or something? It's a 8 week SLH.
Well I know you probably got sticky ass fingers bout now, a taste or two of finger hash? Congratulation on the trip dude. Nice girls there. Keep em Green

Hey all I can say is WOW dude. That looks like some killer buddage you got there. Some healthy looking roots also. You did a great job dude. +++ all around. I do see afew people doing great jobs with the LED'S. I guess I'm just stuck in that era. And seems to work for me. You did a great job man I'm impressed. Hey I have a question?????? I got a hydro growing with straight GH Flora nut's and I'm real close to final flush. Any thoughts of what can add alittle flower boost or something? It's a 8 week SLH.
Well I know you probably got sticky ass fingers bout now, a taste or two of finger hash? Congratulation on the trip dude. Nice girls there. Keep em Green
When I get close to finish I let the nutes taper off. I have used Overdrive and Hydroplex in the past and it seemed to kick them into a rapid weight gain. Although I haven't done a side-by-side so that is just anecdotal. This grow was just straight CES nutes, nothing added.

I know a lot of more experienced growers are still reluctant to use LEDs. I have only been at this a little over a year and this is the way I started off, I like to be on the bleeding edge of technology. I think once the costs come down to somewhere near a HPS/MH ballast and bulb setup, LEDs will be the preferred light source. The great thing is that the technology is just getting better and better, whereas HPS and MH are about at their max in terms of any advancements.

Thanks for stopping in, I like the way you have your pool lined with those "trees".

I got two LED going to try out the recommended height. Have you thought about doing a HPS height comparison grow? I know the majority of growers uses HID and have not gotten a chance to get LED yet. The hps height test would be useful for non-LED growers. Just a thought.
I would have to get a pair of HPS lights and then cool them to do the test. Not sure about doing that and tying up a space. I would like to do a HPS vs. LED something similar to what Magic Beans has going on though.

Thing I always wondered is that it took mother nature millions of years to get it rite, as in growing plants. Myself I'm 'Old School' X gorilla grower. But I think the plants have use of every color in the spectrum. Maybe just some alot more than others.
Even the Hid's haven't got it close to down yet. But you did a great job with this grow which shows a pretty plant. I'm impressed with them, LED's. But how's the bud is the question. Maybe the non used colors in the spectrum, not the ones used for photosyntheses , might be used to create a smell, or a taste? I'll look back in awhile for a report once they get a cure on them. Giga Bud strain I take it. Well I hope it smokes great. Keep em Green

Thing I always wondered is that it took mother nature millions of years to get it rite, as in growing plants. Myself I'm 'Old School' X gorilla grower. But I think the plants have use of every color in the spectrum. Maybe just some alot more than others.
Even the Hid's haven't got it close to down yet. But you did a great job with this grow which shows a pretty plant. I'm impressed with them, LED's. But how's the bud is the question. Maybe the non used colors in the spectrum, not the ones used for photosyntheses , might be used to create a smell, or a taste? I'll look back in awhile for a report once they get a cure on them. Giga Bud strain I take it. Well I hope it smokes great. Keep em Green

You may be interested in plasma then. Plasma as you may already know is a super heated gas so using it as a light source is like having a mini sun inside. To date it is as close to natural light spectrum there is I believe. Research has shown plasma grows more symmetrical plants closer to what you would find outside.

I haven't used it but this one looks really nice. (everything Gavita makes looks really nice for that matter)
Gavita Plasma Grow Light Plasma Lamp Monster Gardens DEMO Hydroponic Grow Light - YouTube

You may be interested in plasma then. Plasma as you may already know is a super heated gas so using it as a light source is like having a mini sun inside. To date it is as close to natural light spectrum there is I believe. Research has shown plasma grows more symmetrical plants closer to what you would find outside.

I haven't used it but this one looks really nice. (everything Gavita makes looks really nice for that matter)
Gavita Plasma Grow Light Plasma Lamp Monster Gardens DEMO Hydroponic Grow Light - YouTube

From what I can tell those are HPS bulbs.

From what I can tell those are HPS bulbs.

You should take another look bro...

Plasma_Lamp.jpg

That doesn't look like any HPS bulb I'm familiar with.

:Namaste:

You should take another look bro...

Plasma_Lamp.jpg

That doesn't look like any HPS bulb I'm familiar with.

:Namaste:

True, I should have been more specific, I went to the gavita web site and cant find a plasma bulb anywhere. Monster gardens sells a plasma light it says is made by gavita.

True, I should have been more specific, I went to the gavita web site and cant find a plasma bulb anywhere. Monster gardens sells a plasma light it says is made by gavita.

They make HPS too. They have a 600w 1000w and the plasma. I haven't seen anything else like them. The video on Monster Garden are worth a watch. That's how I heard of them in the first place.

There is another 2 part video on you tube that's pretty good but I'm going to stop derailing this thread now. Sorry Steve.

I'm not sure if there's a replacement bulb if that's what you mean. I think you buy the unit and replace the whole thing in 5 years, like LED.

Just a final dry weight this morning after I trim and remove the stems. Then this journal will be complete.

I will be putting 10 each of SAGE and Lucy in here on Friday. My low cost cloning solution looks like I'll have 100% for 72 clones. I'll post a pic of them with the final dry weight.

Cool.

hey take a look at my last post in my grow and throw me some thoughts? It is about my clones.

My dry-trimmed weight is 465 grams of bud. I have another 58 of trim and popcorn. I think I must have tossed at least another 200 grams of trim that I didn't feel like going through (I didn't keep any of the trim or smaller stuff). I'll use the trim and popcorn to make some medibles.

I will post a pic later this evening with the bowl of nugs (big punchbowl) as well as the update on the clones.

Back
Top Bottom