Hydroponic - Gigabud - Pineapple Express - OG Kush - Kandy Kush

hey all,

just a quick update for the journal- went over today and did a res change, with the shooting powder i have been cutting nute levels back to approx 1-1.2 EC as the shooting powder has been kicking EC up to 2-2.2 ... and with adding 2x serves into the res today i had to cut it back even more.
so ive cut silika majik out- grostorm has been cut out... and all im feeding is greendream 'bloom' 150mils and 'budstorm' 50mils +house and gardens shooting powder to finish-1 sachet(=2x doses for a 50 litre res), this took EC up to 2.5! but im feeling confident that they will handle the heat in this their final week of nutes. in final week of flushing i will use 'final rinse'- sorry i cant recall companies name.
ive started to really notice alot of 'morphing' in the main colas.. the OGK main colas are still fattening up considerably and looking DAMNED SEXCI. all of the buds are starting to show browning of the pistils except the tall pheno pineapple express-which appears to be chugging along quite nicely still. the trichs are JUST starting to show the beginnings of milkiness in appearance but generally still quite glassy.
the breeders guide says that gigabuds can be ready after approx 55 days.. and pineapples not far behind, with OGK being SLIGHTLY longer at 9 weeks.
while there i took a few pics- with some showing underneath(not as cleaned up as i thought! doh!) and some showing the buds that are, what i call, 'morphing' out here n there.
first some pics of close ups with some 'morphing':
OGK:
SAM_02442.JPG

OGK lateral cola:
SAM_02453.JPG

pineapple X:
SAM_02462.JPG

SAM_02473.JPG

gigabud:
SAM_02483.JPG

gigabud lower popcorn:
SAM_02503.JPG

gigabud cola:
SAM_02512.JPG

pineapple X:
SAM_02524.JPG

gigabud cola:
SAM_02542.JPG

tall pheno pineX main cola:
SAM_02571.JPG

OGK underneath:
SAM_02583.JPG

pineapple X a bit messy:
SAM_02591.JPG

pineapple X's
SAM_02621.JPG

SAM_02631.JPG

-attempt at panorama view with gigabuds on the right:
SAM_02652.JPG

-another panorama view with gigabud tall pheno main cola far right and OGK lower colas far left:
SAM_02663.JPG

OGK main colas 3:
SAM_02693.JPG

tall pheno gigabud main colas starting to get HEAVY and tip a little:
SAM_02702.JPG

gigabuds:
SAM_02711.JPG

another one of pineapples X's:
SAM_02631.JPG

thanks all :peace:

heya Vick! thanking you good sir /|\ coming from an OGK connoisseur such as yourself thats a huge compliment! :Namaste:
ive been impressed with this lovely lady- out of all the plants she has stretched the most in her early flower stretch but has filled out wonderfully- hoping they get fatter of course loL i suppose thats a normal hope tho :p but i'll be happy either way :cheesygrinsmiley:
if i can even come close to the quality of what you do with your OG's i'll be stoked :cheesygrinsmiley: ... guys like you, cola monster, sling, ronnie, jon and so many others inspire me to do better and learn learn learn... to try to take these wonderful plants to their max. :yummy:

it really is so awesome to hear such good feedback from pro growers- does wonders for my confidence LOL thanks everyone!
thanks for stopping by brother! :Namaste: :peace:

Man, those pics look like a cola forest:) Your getting close to be dialed in IMHO buddy. I consider you one of many pro growers here mate. Yes if your BL contains a trip to the Grand Canyon State I would be super willing to take you around, the canyon included plus some other cool spots. Spliffs, Bings, Bowls Vapo's maybe even some dab action. Seriously one day sounds grand.

i feel like im in a dream when im watching this lol

loL.. a good dream i hope.. and not one of those dreams where every cola turns into a hairy ex-missus and starts chasing u for that last kiss-moustache and all! lOL ;p

Man, those pics look like a cola forest:) Your getting close to be dialed in IMHO buddy. I consider you one of many pro growers here mate. Yes if your BL contains a trip to the Grand Canyon State I would be super willing to take you around, the canyon included plus some other cool spots. Spliffs, Bings, Bowls Vapo's maybe even some dab action. Seriously one day sounds grand.

heya Sling!
naw, its just ma sprinklers i reckon LOL :p and a good nute line too! any ole person could grow this or better... i juz popped some beans in a few jiffies, chucked em in my simple recirc top feed system- DWC or even RDWC(ultimate setup) would be FAR better! set it all up in a shed somewhere down under- nothing flash really :p but thats me.. ~a simple ole Joe doing what he can with what he's got~.. *starts singing old timey music* ;p
im honored sling, that you would consider me a half decent grower! my last soil didnt turn out great at all.. nor did my first grow with this system.. its been a big learning experience learning how to put a journal together and keep it running too.. meeting great peeps and getting tips, advice and great feedback- which is super awesome, boosts ones confidence levels and keeps ppl chugging along and willing to learn... something as simple as a bit of humility goes a long way and thats one thing i really dig about you sling brother! humble as they come :cheesygrinsmiley:
that would be a serious dream for me mate- getting over to AZ and seeing the canyon, monument valley and all the historical spots- i KNOW i wouldnt wanna leave :] if all goes well this year with upgrades i'll be seriously putting cash into that dream /|\

enjoy your family time during the easter break ma man and ttys :Namaste:

heya Vick! thanking you good sir /|\ coming from an OGK connoisseur such as yourself thats a huge compliment! :Namaste:
ive been impressed with this lovely lady- out of all the plants she has stretched the most in her early flower stretch but has filled out wonderfully- hoping they get fatter of course loL i suppose thats a normal hope tho :p but i'll be happy either way :cheesygrinsmiley:
if i can even come close to the quality of what you do with your OG's i'll be stoked :cheesygrinsmiley: ... guys like you, cola monster, sling, ronnie, jon and so many others inspire me to do better and learn learn learn... to try to take these wonderful plants to their max. :yummy:

it really is so awesome to hear such good feedback from pro growers- does wonders for my confidence LOL thanks everyone!
thanks for stopping by brother! :Namaste: :peace:

I want you to take a good look at this photo right here, and give me one good reason why you consider us pro's again?
Running hydro, having your room dialed, And running them right to the brink of the edge, producing fat colas in an even canopy spaced out perfectly, shows me you understand whats going on. That's some pro shi* right there.
This picture is just beautiful..
I want to have bed sheets made from this photo so I can sleep under them every night!

I am just so impressed with how fat they're getting, especially the OG's as they're not really known for super huge fat buds.
What you call "morphing' is actually called foxtailing. Which kinda means that the plant can be experiencing some stress which causes it to kick out in different directions like that in an effort to re-produce. I don't want to scare you, and I know you know what you're doing bro. But keep a close eye on them over the next weeks. Since they're showing a little stress from the foxtailing, any more of a push and you could be in danger of herming. Which would be a shame with such huge beautiful buds!
I hope I didn't worry you with those comments. Because obviously you're doing everything right so far!
Just want to keep you aware of the dangers that can happen if pushed much further from this point.

And again, Excellent Excellent work my friend!
I haven't seen buds as gargantuan and beautiful as yours, for a while!
So thank you for sharing your lovliness
:thumb:

I want you to take a good look at this photo right here, and give me one good reason why you consider us pro's again?
Running hydro, having your room dialed, And running them right to the brink of the edge, producing fat colas in an even canopy spaced out perfectly, shows me you understand whats going on. That's some pro shi* right there.
This picture is just beautiful..
I want to have bed sheets made from this photo so I can sleep under them every night!
What Vick said.

thanks everyone for the kind words! im very grateful to be able to get feedback from great growers and have access to such an awesome MMJ knowledge base such as is here with all you good 420 folk! *bows humbly* /|\

thank you Vick for the kind words brother and the information on foxtailing- here we simply call foxtails colas, as they look like bushy foxtails loL :p i'll be sure to keep a VERY close eye on them- at present they are in their final week b4 flush.. and im pretty certain it has been adding the shooting powder that has caused them to be pushed to foxtail as they have... next tuesday will be the start of their 8th week so i'll re-evaluate whether or not to start flush then, in all likelihood i will though.
thanks again everyone, you have all made my day with your positivity :Namaste: :thanks:

A couple shots of some serious foxtailing I had going on with a few plants from a prior indoor soil grow that started to hermie towards the end of flowering & was a first for me but looked kinda cool with all them shoots coming out of the colas to where I just let them go until finish. Must have stressed the poor girls I'm thinking!:hmmmm: If ya see this begin Alk. I say abort and harvest A.S.A.P. as I lost potency plus that nice smooth aftertaste & turned most of that harvest into butters & edibles to hand out to fellow patients.

DSC023654.jpg

DSC024523.jpg

A couple shots of some serious foxtailing I had going on with a few plants from a prior indoor soil grow that started to hermie towards the end of flowering & was a first for me but looked kinda cool with all them shoots coming out of the colas to where I just let them go until finish. Must have stressed the poor girls I'm thinking! If ya see this begin Alk. I say abort and harvest A.S.A.P. as I lost potency plus that nice smooth aftertaste & turned most of that harvest into butters & edibles to hand out to fellow patients.

whoa! thats some FUNKY foxtailing in that last pic!!! thanks for the headsup CM! u guys got me thinking about hitting the flush early now loL... mine are no way that pronounced- slightly morphing here n there but nothing drastic YET.. i'm gonna head over 2moro after work and have a good look over ALL of them and call it then. thanks guys for the cautions! much appreciated /|\

colamonster, how many weeks into flowering was that? 6-8?

Hey bmeat! It was around week six when I first started seeing signs of the foxtailing but should also know I had a brief power outage during the forth week which lasted for a few hours & could've stressed them to that point possibly. S--t happens!:loopy:

Thought ya might wanna see a couple close-up shots of our little enemies at work Alk.! Damn spider mites infesting my plants running around webbing up the bottom of my leaves to where I'm spraying daily. Grrrr & no more store bought clones for me!:lot-o-toke:

Photo_on_4-5-13_at_1_06_AM_2.jpg

Photo_on_4-5-13_at_1_04_AM_2.jpg

GREAT closeups of the mites brother!! those are some of the best pics of spider mites ive seen! what ya gonna do CM?? sns? rosemary oil mix? predator mites?

Back
Top Bottom