CT’s Greenhouse Coco Grow: OG Kush, THC Bomb, Banana OG & More, Summer 2019

So the girls are getting tall pretty fast, seem to be stretching. They’re about to take hold of the property. :adore:

I made a diy evaporative cooler out of recycled rain gutters, and a hydroponic pump. At least it works to cool the greenhouse about 5 degrees. It’s been about 100 degrees for awhile now, luckily the GH has enough ventilation to stay about ten degrees above outside temp. With the evaporative cooler it’s the same temperature or less than outside with added humidity, not too bad.
:smokin:

05272BFF-AE32-46A2-9651-FDB18929BAB9.jpeg
44DCCE51-5108-45B4-BE06-3FD2AEAD9A29.jpeg
9E8466C0-9834-43E7-81EB-77B315AF559C.jpeg

So the girls are getting tall pretty fast, seem to be stretching. They’re about to take hold of the property. :adore:

I made a diy evaporative cooler out of recycled rain gutters, and a hydroponic pump. At least it works to cool the greenhouse about 5 degrees. It’s been about 100 degrees for awhile now, luckily the GH has enough ventilation to stay about ten degrees above outside temp. With the evaporative cooler it’s the same temperature or less than outside with added humidity, not too bad.
:smokin:

05272BFF-AE32-46A2-9651-FDB18929BAB9.jpeg
44DCCE51-5108-45B4-BE06-3FD2AEAD9A29.jpeg
9E8466C0-9834-43E7-81EB-77B315AF559C.jpeg

They usually love the heat outside ... but it's those roots we need to keep from overheating!

I am so jealous ... I was just telling @MrSauga the other day about how we were too busy to do an outside grow this year ... and my plants are so tiny compared to all the other stuff we grow outside!

Do you have a pic of some of those huge fan leaves? I just can't believe the size and color of some of them.

Hopefully this is okay... some of the DDA buds are excreting resin it seems. One dark amber the other light.
:nervous-guy:
92D608E3-805F-49DB-A3CB-7561C476CEE7.jpeg
BF8CB0A4-DFB2-475B-BD1B-2729FBAEED27.jpeg

Hey @MrSauga ... quick question please ... do you or some of the gang have experience with this resin thing?

This is the first time I've ever heard of it ... but I hope it's potent because I'm growing DDA right now!!!

@MrSauga ... have you met @CattleTurd yet? I'll let you guys introduce yourself.

Although @CattleTurd ... you may be interested in the Chem Dog grow going on right now ...

The resin is called Guttation. From pests feeding on my plants, the fluid seeps out. Look up Guttation. It’s not really a good thing, because that means they were feeding on my plants.

Damn! I was hoping for THC ... lol

0_guttation.jpg

Guttation is the exudation of drops of xylem sap on the tips or edges of leaves of some vascular plants, such as grasses, and a number of fungi. Guttation is not to be confused with dew, which condenses from the atmosphere onto the plant surface.
Cool ... one more thing I learned today!

That's it for me today ... have a nice night ....

:surf:

Hey CT... nice grow you have going on. I think @Mr. Magoo just ran the DDA and if I recall he was quite happy with it.

I am so jealous ... I was just telling @MrSauga the other day about how we were too busy to do an outside grow this year ... and my plants are so tiny compared to all the other stuff we grow outside!
Outdoors is where it's at :)

Regarding the excretion, it would make sense based on the grow conditions. I don't think it's pest related as much as it's a high RH during the night.

At night, transpiration usually does not occur, because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude through special leaf tip or edge structures, hydathodes or water glands, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational pull. Guttation is most noticeable when transpiration is suppressed and the relative humidity is high, such as during the night. The process of guttation formation in fungi is unknown.

When using the VPD chart you will see the correct areas of transpiration throughout the growing phases.

Always more to learn... blah

I did try the DDA today, has a very focused high. Almost sobering, very weird to describe a buzz as sobering, but very heady. I chopped a little early.
:lot-o-toke::idea::ciao:

I'm looking forward to trying the different strains too.

And I like the new avatar ... I initially thought bison ... but then I remember seeing something about scottish cattle that were long-haired ... am I close?

Hey CT... nice grow you have going on. I think @Mr. Magoo just ran the DDA and if I recall he was quite happy with it.

Outdoors is where it's at :)

Regarding the excretion, it would make sense based on the grow conditions. I don't think it's pest related as much as it's a high RH during the night.

At night, transpiration usually does not occur, because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude through special leaf tip or edge structures, hydathodes or water glands, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational pull. Guttation is most noticeable when transpiration is suppressed and the relative humidity is high, such as during the night. The process of guttation formation in fungi is unknown.

When using the VPD chartyou will see the correct areas of transpiration throughout the growing phases.

Nice write-up ... I always love the science!

Looks like I am putting @Mr. Magoo 's journal on my read list too ... our family is really excited about the purple DDA ... so I need to keep picking up tips and tricks! Also, I liked his pic from the contest last month ... and I enjoy the journals with lively photos.

Lots of different types of cattle, my avatar usually is a domesticated yak. Lol

lol ... welcome to the school of CattleTurd everyone!

0_domestic_yak.jpg

The domestic yak is a long-haired domesticated bovid found throughout the Himalayan region of the Indian subcontinent, the Tibetan Plateau and as far north as Mongolia and Siberia. It is descended from the wild yak.
Himilaya ... yep ... I was close ... that's near Scotland ... I got planet earth right :)

:surf:

Back
Top Bottom