1st Hydro Grow

Will do Brother. Yeah, it sucks bad, but there's not much I can do. I can keep the kids out here, they know its bad to go in mommy and daddy's room, but these cats are just all over the place when they are here. I'm a little worried about them TSS out in the building...I added a high volume fan and a scrubber, but in the mornings, there is still a faint odor, but they stay. Got to clean out the house by June 2nd...they'll be here around 10am on the third. So it all got away in the last ten days or so. Well, I was out to learn...I did...now I'm ready to start stepping it up. Next grow's going to be fun.

Thanks man, just doing as others do for me. One the bright side...everything you have in hand is some Primo smoke that you didn't have last month. Imagine what you saved yourself in quality and availability. Not to mention that neither of us have the luxury of a Med State yet. Bravo, my friend.

I agree with Pan4 too along with the water, florakleen and molasses. I did that once and they smelled awful good. I dont know much about molasses but I think the sugars in floraleen are much easier to absorb by the tender roots. But I did see a difference with the molasses.
You are going to have fun fun fun, (umm I hope very soon...) Are you hanging to dry? Maybe you said that already. I guess you aleady have plan b too..
Good work and good luck. Please let us know how this smokes for you!
fin
o<

Yep, going to hang them for a week to ten days in my building...then into jars for the cure. And I'll be sure to post a smoke report and weight total from my best two plants...why only my best two...made a deal to trade away my other two White Dwarfs for an equal amount of Barney's Farm LSD. Wanted to grow some of that anyhow...get me a couple O's of it to test drive, and I'll know for sure...

Ms Fox, you had a way of showing up just when you were needed. The mark of a true Grow Support professional. From answering early questions on nute levels and timing, to just a few days ago, when you came up with something new to save a grow at the last minute, you've been there when you had to be and I'm a wiser grower for it.

Well thank you sweetie! You're too kind. ;-) I am really looking forward to your next grow! I'm sure you'll have a sweet smoke report.

Well, nothing much to say on the flushing...plants are setting in water. Update complete.

Now, just wanted to through this out there for anyone looking for a good smoke to grow. That LSD from Barney's Farm is something else. Possibly the most psychadelic weed I've ever smoked. An extremely "up" high with a tripiness I have never found in pure weed before. Was told it was, for the most part, very easy to grow...just ph sensitive. This may be easier to control in hydro than in soil, like this was grown, so it's definately on my list...of course there's alot in front of it now. Going to be germing 2 each of the Super Lemon Haze and Utopia Haze for my next personal grow, as soon as the family invasion is repelled.

Anyhow, just wanted to toss that out there for anyone looking for a good smoke to grow.

Would there be a target PH for a flush?

The idea behind a flush is to remove chems and neuts from the plant. The idea behind adjusting to a certain PH is to allow your plants to uptake the chems and neuts at the max rate.

It would seem to me that adjusting the PH of the flush medium would be fiarly pointless.

cheers

edit..... sorry all, I've lost my mind and was replying to an earlier post.... a question about what PH to flush at. Anyway... sorry all.

I had posted a question regarding flush ph, but never got a response. I did a bit of forum surfing and decided from what I learned that the ph of the flush water was pretty much a non issue. I did adjust my ph to 7.0, just to watch how the ph profile changed during flushing...not exactly sure why, but it seemed like some info that may be useful in the future...or not, who knows.

Well guys and gals, today is the day. Yeah, I know I said I was going to cut tomorrow, but I woke up at 4:30 am, and didn't have anything better to do so what the hell. The posted pics are of my best plant..with a projected yeild of around 39 grams. My other plant is going to yeild quite a bit less...most likely in the 20-25 grams. I'm pleased enough with that considering I had to cut the grow short by 5 days, and it was my first hydro grow...Just a little painful to think what might have been.

Anyhow, I have learned so much, that I can't stop thinking of the next grow. I managed a one ounce average on these White Dwarfs, Which is right in the breeders range, and would've blown that to pieces with the additional 5 days or so, so there is reason to look towards the next grow with optimism, where I have set some ambitious goals. You'll have to tune into the next grow to hear them...but it'll be in my first post.

Anyhow, Just want to share an observation or two for the potential first time hydro grower, they are in no particular order.

1-watch your ph like a hawk.
2-resist the urge to get cute...all you'll do is screw stuff up.
3-listen to the people that have done this before. It never ceases to amaze me how many first time growers question the advice of very experienced growers. I follow alot of journals, and I see it happen daily. If you don't understand, then ask questions, but if they tell you to do something they are speking from experience.
4-watch your ph like a hawk...yeah, I know, but it bears repeating.
5- use patience at every opportunity...5 days cost me at least 10% on total yeild.
6-just enjoy yourself, if you aren't having fun, something's wrong.

With that ramble complete...let the harvest festival begin...I have some finger hash to go enjoy!

rsz_100_0583.jpg

rsz_100_0584.jpg

rsz_100_0585.jpg

rsz_100_0586.jpg

rsz_100_0587.jpg

rsz_100_0588.jpg

rsz_100_0589.jpg

rsz_100_0590.jpg

I'll post a smoke report as soon as I get some properly dried. I can tell you that the quick dried bud we've tested out has a really nice initial up high, lasts about 30 mins...then the body stone hits like a blow from Thor's own hammer...with creeping component that makes you wonder where the ride ends. Can't wait to load a bubbler with a properly dried and cured hit and see how it does.

Yummy!
So, I must ask... do you remember what the ph did during flush?

Cheers and congrats!

Yes. From an initial start of 7.0, the ph moved to 8.2 in the first 12 hours, where it stabilized. It never really moved from 8.2...just some bouncing between 8.1-8.3. Not sure if there is any practical help here...just one of the things I've decided to watch over the grows.

Back
Top Bottom