1st Hydro Grow

What were they sold as? Hell, I'll go get one asap.

Pocket microscope...check online to see if the store near you has them in stock...one near me did, and it's a nice little piece. also requires 2 aaa batteries. Picked it up about 3 weeks ago, been using it every day for a week trying to get a feel for how fast the trichs "ripen"

Looking great! Mighty frosty! I harvest when you have 50/50 cloudy/amber. I get a pretty good high that way. Not completely couchlocked.

Thank you tricome for the rep!

Just got back from running errands and the Radioshack tip worked. I found one in town and it was the last they had. Hell yeah. No more clipping trim and breaking out the monster desktop micro (beast). lol....thanks again.

Just got back from running errands and the Radioshack tip worked. I found one in town and it was the last they had. Hell yeah. No more clipping trim and breaking out the monster desktop micro (beast). lol....thanks again.

No problem, Bother.

Well, looks like my harvest date has been decided for me. It all has to come down on June 2. My niece is graduating from high school this year and the whole clan is converging on my town. Unfortunately, they are all a bunch of cheap bastards and they, nine of them all together, have invited themselves to stay at my home. This is the religious branch of the family, who drive me absolutely ape shit, but they are family, and I couldn't very well say no.

So, that decision has been made for me. Looks like 8 days til harvest now. I'm pretty sure it's going to cost me some yield, as I had figured to stretch the harvest out into the second week of June.

I'll throw some pics up tomorrow morning.

Good morning to all,

Thought I'd throw up a few pictures, then pose a couple questions.

rsz_100_05531.jpg

rsz_100_05541.jpg

rsz_100_0555.jpg

rsz_100_0557.jpg

rsz_100_0558.jpg

rsz_100_05591.jpg

Hope y'all like them...now got a question or two for the experts...

1-I'm going to start the 7 day flush later today. Is there an optimal ph for this?

2-Since my grow is being cut short, should I strategically remove some of the larger leaves to allow for more light down into lower budsites.

This family invasion (see two posts up) has really thrown a wrench in the works, I was targeting June 7 as the harvest date, with 4-5 days more for the lower budsites. That plan is out the window, so I'm trying to figure out how to maximize this crop.

Any advice is welcome.

I thought about telling them to just stay home if they couldn't afford to come. These freeloaders will come to my house, make an absolute mess of it, expect resturant style meals...everyone will want somthing different at every damn meal, and as an added benefit, I'll have my lifestyle questioned and critiqued for their entire stay. Wonderful. Oh well, it won't last forever, it'll just seem like it.

Damn, everytime I post an important question, it starts a new page...ugghhh. Pan, Ms Fox, kick back to page 28 and check my post under the new pics if you didn't already...thanks.

Hello Southernweed,
I think at this point of your grow when you HAVE to do it, I use just RO water with Florakleen 1 tsp per gallon. I dont adjust at this time but maybe others do. I really love florakleen (or equiv prob) It really gets out the tastes of the nutes nicely and gives you a milder smoke. Keeps the plants hydrated and prevents browning of leaves.
I also do what you suggested, clear some of the light blockers. I'm not sure if it will give you most substanial growth since the nutes are off but the florakleen has some sugars in it, maybe this will give you something cause I really have seen some more growth in the lower areas when I clear vegetation at this time.
Family (or S.O. ) gotta love um cause you cant shoot em..
fin
o<

I love harvest time. its the final chapter with gooy goodness. The last time we spent 12 hrs cuttin and rolling balls of finger hash every 1/2 hr. some good tunes and get in the zone. Its ZEN . Im waxing philolsophical.
You have done an amazing job Southernweed

Thanks Pit. I've had alot of help.

Good morning all.

Well yesterday we entered the homestretch. The girls have had every branch that wasn't directly connected to a bud removed, are flushing with 18 gallons of ph neutral water with some Flora-kleen (thanks fineas) I mooched off my buddy at the hydro store...I'll pay him back with a nice frosty nug off my first hydro harvest...and now we wait. In an effort to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, I trimmed off 32 baby buds and added them to the hash sack. There was just no way they were going to develope into much...losing the last 5 days of flower is going to drive my yield down a good bit, but not much I can do about it. Besides, this grow was less about yield, than it was about learning, and learn I have.

This will likely be the last set of pics that I post until I harvest, as I really don't see much changing in the next 6 days. However, if somthing does, I'll throw up some pics.

rsz_100_0560.jpg

rsz_100_0561.jpg

rsz_100_0565.jpg

rsz_100_0566.jpg

rsz_100_0567.jpg

rsz_100_0570.jpg

rsz_100_0572.jpg

rsz_100_0575.jpg

rsz_100_05761.jpg

rsz_100_05771.jpg

rsz_100_0578.jpg

Well that about does it, hope to here from y'all about what you think. This has been a hell of a learning experience. I wen't back to my Member Gallery last night and just watched the progression of the plants, from seedlings to where we are today, and am amazed at the way these plants just chugged right along.

There are alot of people who deserve thanks, but two rise to the top.

Pan, for your daily views, comments and guidance. No way this happens without you. From diagnosing algea issues early on, with no pictures to help with it, to your timely handling of God only knows how many pms, this was your grow...I just did what you told me.

Ms Fox, you had a way of showing up just when you were needed. The mark of a true Grow Support professional. From answering early questions on nute levels and timing, to just a few days ago, when you came up with something new to save a grow at the last minute, you've been there when you had to be and I'm a wiser grower for it.

Many more dropped in ideas and timely advice...Janx, Fineas, L8 and Mcbudz...you all contributed valuable information and ideas, and don't think for a moment that I didn't realize it.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed for the next few days!

SouthernWeed sorry to hear that you have to pull your plant's early. Just trim back the fan leaves to get the light down as far as it can. In your flushing water just straight R/O or distilled will work fine add about a tablespoon of molasses. This will help make the buds taste better. Also turn off the lights for the day before harvest.:cheer:
I hope this helps and you have some great buds.:bong:

Pan4

Back
Top Bottom