Shrute's 600w Grow Cabinet - Multiple Strains

Shrute

Hello all! Welcome to my grow! For my first round I am running 4 strains, 5 plants in total. Because I am still getting this whole thing down, I didn't chose any seeds I really care about from my stash. The seeds I am running are:

(x2) Grape Gum by Ripper Seed Co.

(x1) Critical H.O.G. by TH Seeds

(x1) Gigabud by G13 Labs

(x1) Pineapple Express Auto by Barney's

All of these were started in coco+perlite. They have been taking a while to develop possibly due to low RH, but a few daily mists help get it up. Right now they are under the 600w MH and are on a 20/4 light schedule. They are being watered when necessary with tap water for now, though I had an incident with my gigabud where it drowned because I forgot to poke holes in the bottom of the solo cup. It's just starting to recover. Once these plants are older I will start using my botanicare line nutrients, along with calmag which is an essential when working with coco.

My goal for this operation is to pull 3-5 ounces of different strains each round for personal toking, and to observe, learn, and smoke different strains and phenotypes for the love and knowledge of MJ. Once these babies are vegged a bit, I'll throw in the HPS and flip to 12/12. For now they are in solo cups, but they are going to be transplanted into 3 gallon grow bags with coco and perlite. The ratio of coco coir and perlite in each bag will differ, as I want to see which is the best and/or how each perform differently. Because my cabinet is equipped for DWC hydro, future rounds may include that or possibly plants in soil. Overall, I'm hoping that getting involved in this great online growing community, and working towards my goals instead of just thinking about them will add a certain element to my life that I felt has been missing recently. I can't wait for these plants to take off :)

Picture 1 - Grape gum #1
Picture 2 - Gigabud
Picture 3 - Critical H.O.G.
Picture 4 - Grape gum #2
Picture 5 - Pineapple Express auto

Screen_Shot_2013-01-22_at_9_58_20_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2013-01-22_at_9_57_31_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2013-01-22_at_9_57_05_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2013-01-22_at_9_56_31_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2013-01-22_at_9_55_38_PM.png

Because there aren't any major changes in my plants, I'm not gonna be posting any pictures of them today. Everything was looking fine nonetheless, besides the fact I'm still struggling to keep my humidity up. Its about 22% when I don't spray and 60-70% for an hour or two after I spray them. The grape gum seedlings are not showing any new growth though... It is like they have been frozen for the past week and a half... really weird! The gigabud is finally drying up after a flooding incident, but the cotyledons aren't perking back up. Whatever, maybe they die earlier on some strains than others.

Since I have no new pictures of the plants to post, I've decided to post some pictures of the outdoor grown Pink Kush that I am currently tokin' on. :bigtoke:

Screen_Shot_2013-01-23_at_1_06_55_PM.png

Smells like berries when you crack open the jar, with undertones of fuel that sticks to your fingers when broken up
Screen_Shot_2013-01-23_at_1_06_16_PM.png

IMG_066016.JPG

Hope you enjoyed the photos! :peace:

Hello! I have a few minor updates. I moved one of the slow growing grape gum seedlings under a CFL, because I figured 600w straight off the bat was a little too intense. I also sprouted a hash plant bag seed that is 2 days old. Along with those two seedlings under the CFLs, I am waiting on a Bubble Cheese by Big Buddha to germinate. Here are some pictures my fellow growers and tokers!! ::tokin:
Picture 1 - Both seedlings under CFLs
Picture 2 - Grape Gum
Picture 3 - Hash plant bag seed
IMG_068415.JPG
IMG_068512.JPG
IMG_068814.JPG

Hello! I know it has been a while since I've posted anything, but a few things have changed. The plants are now in flower, and the bag seed was scrapped and replaced with a DNA Kushberry. Ill post some pictures soon, but for now, heres a video of my grow.

:: MMJ Update 3 :: Garden Progress :: - YouTube

:thumb:

Right now I'm pretty sure smoke2js is the only one tagging along, but even if nobody was listening i would still be updating this hahah :rocker: Earlier today i took some pictures of the ladies, and their newly forming flowers. Everything seems to be going well. On another note, I have decided to flower under the metal halide as an experiment. Enjoy the photos.
IMG_095516.JPG

My two grape gums
IMG_095321.JPG
IMG_094922.JPG

Gigabud
IMG_094518.JPG

IMG_095219.JPG

Critical HOG
IMG_094715.JPG
IMG_094818.JPG

Pineapple Express (Auto)
IMG_094416.JPG
IMG_094318.JPG

:thumb:

Hi mate how are ya??
Thought Id drop in and say hi.. Good to see your girls coming along well, tho why are you flowering them already may I ask??
For me as I have a large kinda, space, 4.5ftx8.5ft, I usually Veg til about 3.5ft then flip, so hoping about 6.'5ft plant at maturity..
Good call on switching the CFL's on, I start my girls off under em and they seem t love the light, my current sprout is under daylight/Cfl combo atm, and is taking off:) I just hoping my current journals grow wil phatten up over the next week or so..
Well take it easy mate and ill drop by agen soon. Smokemup

Hi mate how are ya??
Thought Id drop in and say hi.. Good to see your girls coming along well, tho why are you flowering them already may I ask??
For me as I have a large kinda, space, 4.5ftx8.5ft, I usually Veg til about 3.5ft then flip, so hoping about 6.'5ft plant at maturity..

Thanks for stopping by! I definitely flipped to 12/12 earlier than I had wanted to, but whatever, we learn from our mistakes. I also thought there would be more of a stretch on some of my ladies, especially because I'm flowering under the MH, I've heard that increases stretch a bit. I wish i had an extra auto flowering seed lying around to add to the cab to make up for the lost weight from flipping early. Im jealous of your space, id love to grow some 6.5 footers! Id finally be able to grow some exotic sativas :thumb:
Thanks again for stopping by mate!

:thumb:Hey ive just read upto here and all the best on reaching the finishin line ill be lurkin around
and as always nuff respect.....

Welcome to the grow mate!! :welcome:

NIce plants!!! Is this your first grow? Im growing for the first time myself so far so good, absorbing all this information. How long was your Veg cycle before you switched to Flowering?
Hope you get some good buds

NIce plants!!! Is this your first grow? Im growing for the first time myself so far so good, absorbing all this information. How long was your Veg cycle before you switched to Flowering?
Hope you get some good buds

Welcome to the grow! :thumb:

To answer your questions, yes this is my first real grow. I started getting involved in friends outdoor gardens last spring/summer, but this is my first grow in my new cabinet. I vegged for a month and a half, but at the beginning of my grow my plants were kind of stunted and didn't really progress. Glad to hear your first grow is going good as well! I've come to learn this website has so much to offer for new growers like us, I'm glad to see you stopping by my journal! :thanks:

Uh Oh... I forgot about daylight savings springing us an hour forward and i checked on my grow during the last hour of the dark period, forgetting about the time change. Since it was for a split second and towards the end of the dark period, will it have any effect or stress on my plants? I read that light leaks and light at night can lead to hermies.

Snapped some pics today!
All is well, besides a Ca or K deficiency. Ill post some pictures of damaged leaves to see what you guys think.

The Critical Hog flowers are looking good
IMG_100216.JPG
IMG_100316.JPG

The Gigabud doesn't seem to be having any deficiency or any problems whatsoever. Its a tiny ass plant though.
IMG_100117.JPG

Next up is the Pineapple Express Auto which smells like intensely fruity candies!! Sugar is really starting to pile up on the leaves, and I'm hoping the buds fill in nicely over the next few weeks.
Screen_Shot_2013-03-11_at_7_01_54_PM.png
IMG_099410.JPG
Screen_Shot_2013-03-11_at_7_03_49_PM.png

Lastly, I've got pictures of the Grape Gum slowly but surely become more and more sick. Hopefully you guys can help me figure out the diagnosis, but last night I fed them with a good dose of CalMag thinking a calcium def was the issue but today I haven't seen any improvement. Now I am thinking it could be a K def. Here are the photos!
IMG_10008.JPG

Similar deficiency on the lower leaves of my Critical Hog
:):):helpsmilie::thanks:

My last post cont'd

IMG_09989.JPG

And finally a canopy shot of the Grape Gum.

IMG_099910.JPG

Tell me what you guys think!!!

Back
Top Bottom