KCMP Multi Strain Grow Journal 2014 - First Grow

I have skipped fusion so far. I have at least two ruptured disks, and at least two disks are bulging (MRI). I rode out the pain, when the disks ruptured and now when I am randomly stretching for some thing, and my spine keeps moving after where I stopped reaching. The bone on Bone feeling is a bit odd as the spin moves on its own accord, and worse you know about 12 hours later, you will be paying for this.

I am still seeking the best combo of natural replacements for my medical chest of pharmaceutical pain relievers.

Well I am incredibly pleased with the Jack Flash progress. Buds are becoming very fragrant and I had to bring her out of the tent for a photo shoot this morning. Started her official flush on Monday and wanted to get everyone's opinion regarding the use of ice water and an extended dark period before harvest. I have been doing my homework on the subject but there seem to be tons of conflicting opinions.

Anyways here she is! Anyone want to take a guess as to the yield? I am hoping for 2oz but this will be my first harvest so I really have no clue!
IMG_20141210_125337.jpg

I am having an issue with one of my plants and would really appreciate some help.

My largest and oldest (Top Shelf Chem) girl has developed a few strange brown spots on the upper leaves, particularly on the sugar leaves of the two main colas. I have attached a few pictues and would love an opinion. Is it nute burn, or a deficiency of some kind?

I do have a VERY mild fungus gnat issue. I first noticed a week ago and added a few traps which seem to have caught all the adults as I have yet to see any new gnats in a few days (about 20 on the trap). I looked at them under a 60x microscope and am about 99% that they are not root aphids.

I flushed the plant with plain water today PHd at 6.5, figured it was best not to add any nutes if that was the issue.

Here is the whole plant
IMG_20141209_165341.jpg

And below are the problem spots...
IMAG002231.jpg

IMAG002334.jpg

After looking at these for a while I have another question. Is it normal to have upwards of 5 pistils per calyx?

Thoughts?

Looks like mag deff to me. what is the ph of your soil or run off? Do you use tap water or ro?

Currently using tap water which I always try to PH as close to 6.5 as possible before watering. We have hard water here and it usually comes out of the tap around 7.0. Run off is almost always 6.5 - 7.

The soil PH meter I have does read right around 7, however it is a $5 piece of crap from Home Depot so I do not have much faith in it.

I am starting to wonder if I am not giving her enough nutes for flowering? Definitely seems to be taking longer than all the others (though I assumed that was strain related) She is my largest plant and has been on 1/2 strength Fox Farm Trio every other watering. I did perform a flush after veg to remove any residual salts, but that was over a month ago.

Saturday night bump.

Anyone else have any thoughts? I want to get this issue dealt with this weekend while I have the time, and hate to see my sugar leaves withering away.

Should I remove the "burnt" looking leaves from the buds? I am worried that if it spreads to the base of the leaves the decaying plant matter may invite mold.

Quick Update on the Jack Flash.

She is looking good and I am planning harvest for Friday morning, so she will go into her 48hr dark period pretty soon.

IMAG0051_1_.jpg

I am still having the strange burnt sugar leaf issue with one of my other plants. After a flush and then regular watering with flowering nutes the problem continues to spread. It is my largest plant, so maybe I need to go higher than 1/2 on the Fox Farms trio schedule? I have seen some nute burn on leaf tips as well so I really have no idea what to do.

I have been reading that it can stress the plant and cause it to increase trichome production as a result. Saw some threads with seemingly conclusive evidence, others suggested that it had no effect whatsoever.

I figured I would give it a shot (it can't really hurt the plant from what I understand) and see what happens. Hopefully someone with experience can step in and clarify.

I will try to swing by the hydro store to pick up some cal-mag before watering today. I have not really been relying on the soil meter to give me an accurate reading and you are right it is such a piece of garbage I think I would have better luck using a McDonalds toy to check PH. I am currently checking my PH with a drop kit and it really sucks, so I will take your advice and grab a digital meter.

Should make watering much faster and less frustrating.

Checking the runnoff ph with the dropper has always been between 6.5 and 7.0, however I assume that there is at least a .5 margin of error.

Will update after the cal-mag treatment! Thanks for the help.

The drops will get you close enough.
If your runoff is at 6.5 or 7.0 in soil thats great.
you havent by chance mixed you nutrients at concentrated levels.
When you mix up nutrients always add whatever has the higher levels of iron and calcium first. Thesse two dont mix well when other nutrients are added first and will cause percipitation of your nutes and lock them up from your plant.

Thanks for the tip! I just returned from the grow store and grabbed a bottle of cal-mag and a digital PH reader to make the process easier.

I always let my water sit for about 30 minutes before adding nutes and never mix them together. I was unaware that I should add the higher iron & calcium nutes to the solution first and you caught me at just the right time since I will be watering in a few minutes.

So this watering will be at 6.5 with 1/2 strength Tiger Bloom and Grow Big (per Fox Farms schedule) and the addition of the Cal-Mag. Hopefully things will start to clear up in a few days, thankfully all the other plants are doing great.

The PH pen is an eco tester PH2, and the instructions claim it is calibrated from the factory. It is currently soaking for an hour (per the instructions) and then I was planning on putting it right to use.

Do you think it is neccesary to calibrate it first? If so I might give it a shot. Either way I will be using the drip at the same time to double check.

Very good point. It arrived dry which is why it is rehydrating currently. As soon as it is done I will go through the calibration.

So in order to calibrate do I need a special liquid? Or do I just use a water solution that I PH to 7.0, 4.0, and 10.0?

Edit: As always google was rather helpful with a few videos on how to calibrate the unit. I am a little dissapointed that the store that sold it to me did not mention I would need storage solution and ph buffer liquid if that is the case.

Back
Top Bottom