Organic Multi Strain Medical Indoor Grow - Looking for that Special Lady

Rx-420dank

Organic Multi Strain Medical Indoor Grow.
Looking for that Special ladie.

Hello Every one.
I have Been Reading Every ones Grow Logs, Well Done Every one. :thumb:
Now That I finally Have my own Grow Room, I Thought it Was time I started a Growlog of my own.
This Will be my First Full Grow.
I tinkered around in the past with a few Ladies here and there in Veg, Never making it to Harvest;(
I know I know What the heck is Wrong with me. Never any reason for Such Uncalled for Abuse on those lovely past ladies.

I Really Want to treat The Current Ladies Right this grow. With my Room now built With Sexy residents moved in,
Any and all Input Will be great. Any Tips and Hints tricks I learn along the way, I hope to be able to share myself with others in the Days and Grows to Come.

Oct-Dec 2013
At This Time there are no known pest or Problems.

Multi Strain Organic Medical Indoor Grow.

My Goal: 4 months from clone to Harvest.
With The Lovely Ladies in a Perpetual grow cycle.
18/6 & 12/12

----

Total Plants
current in room: 13

X1 White Widow (Clone) week ? of Rooted Veg.
Forced back into Veg, After Starting to bud. came to me at about 3-4in tall.
Growing out of a wet coffee filter, lol. Now doing wonderful in Veg. She's abit funny looking.

X2 Caramelicious Mothers from (Seed) around Week 10 of Veg.
x2 Lemon Ice, Week3-5 of Veg From (Seed) 1 is for sure female.
x2 Carm Wk3-4 Veg, From Seed, I think one may be a male. (I kinda Hope so, Would love to stick him with another carm and make some seed. At Other location ofc.
I would like to try other strains, But be able to keep Strains with out having to repay for that seed strain. I buy unfem seeds.)

x2 Carm (Clone) From mother #1 week 2-4 of Rooted Veg.
x1 Carm (Clone) From Mother #2 Week 2-4 of Rooted Veg.

+3 Carm Clones day2 as of 11/27, From mother #2.

I'm planning on Vegging at 18/6 for 3 more weeks, Then Cutting back an hour of light every day after, Until I hit 12/12.
Once at 12/12 I'll Flower for 8-10 weeks. OR as needed.

Strain Characteristics:
Of Current Grow.

Caramelicious

Indoor/Outdoors:
Indoors or outdoors Height:
Short
THC Level:
17 - 20% Flowering Time:
8-9 weeks
Plant Type:
Indica/Sativa Harvest:
Late September, Early October
Genetics:
Maple Leaf Indica x Blue Black x Afghan Kush. Yield:
Up to 450 gm2
Grow Difficulty:
Easy

----------------

white widow

Indoor/Outdoors:
Indoor and Outdoor Height:
Medium
THC Level:
20% or more Flowering Time:
8-9 weeks
Plant Type:
Sativa/Indica (60/40) Harvest:
End of October (Outdoor)
Genetics:
Indian x Brazilian Yield:
450 grams pm/2
Grow Difficulty:
Easy

----------------

Lemon Ice

Type: mostly sativa
Climate: indoor/outdoor
Yield: up to 16oz | 450g m2

Height: up to 70in | 180cm
Flowering time: 8 to 10 weeks
Harvest time: september

Difficulty: moderate
THC level: strong 15% to 20%
Effect: very strong uplifting high

-------------------------------------------------------

Soil Mix:

MB1, Perlite, Cost of Maine lobster comp /w Peat Humus.
5gal Buckets.
w/ Bottom 2" lined with Fishtank glass pebbles and or small rocks for Drainage.
ofc with ample Holes in bottom of buckets. Buckets sitting in cheap tin disposable trays. 96cents each at walmart.
Could hold about 1/2-3/4 gal of run off each tray.

Nutrients:

Gen Organic Gobox
Us-Gal.
Mixed 5-5.5 Ph
Ppm:
Solution Temp: Untested.
Soil Temp: Untested.

Soil Runoff on all the ladies tested today between 6.2- 7.5Ph

Water:
Boiled Well water. Left to sit in open gal jugs, At room temp.
(Hard Well Water)

Current Room Size:
Basement Grow Room.
7'x8'x7'6"
full Room top to bottom painted with Flat White Paint,
With Mylar added around 2walls of Grow area + full Ceiling.

2nd Room:
(In the makings).
est size: 9x10x7.6
Intended for Flowering Room.
The Above smaller room for the Veg Room.

Current Room Temp
Lights on 72-79F
Lights off 60-66F

RH 32% to 57%

Note:
A small air over coil fan typ space heater is in the Room. Tape over the Red Light.
On a Timer set on low, to Run 30mins on x3 during Lights off.
Room is a Unheated area.

Venting:
Stand up Oscillating Fan in room. Blowing over the top of the ladies. Covering the main ballast on one side,
and Covering the 1000w MH/hps in the middle of the room. To help keep temps down.

Which Brings me to my First Question.
Is it ok/safe to Hang my 1000w Apollo Digital Ballast, With Fan end pointing upwards?
Seems to be working well and staying cool. Where this Ballast can be mounted on a wall, I figured this was ok to do.

Intake: from double filtered outside air.
Outside end of pipe, Coved with Doubled up pantyhose leggings. Inside with Carbon Filter.

OutTake: Filtered out to rest of basement.

In/out on 6" line w/ 240 Cfm inline fans, fed into Carbon Filters.
Planning on upgrading fans, W/ outtake Cfm being x2 of the total intake cfm.
Thinking
intake 240-480/500,?
out 480-960/1000.?

Lighting Typ:

Currently in use.
(x1) 1000w MH 110k lm, Bulb. With a 1000w HPS 140k lm Bulb on Standby for Flowering.
(x8) 55wtt 200Wtt replacement CFL bulbs, 3800 lm each bulb, Total 30,400 (lm)
(x8) 13wt 60w replacement Blue spec Cfl Bulbs, 900 lm per bulb. Total 7,200 lm

(x2) 25w 3:1 Red/Blue LED Panel Total lm: Unknown (About to be added to Room)

On Hand Not Inuse at this time:

(x1) 125W FLUORESCENT CFL 6500K, 8,000 lm Self Ballasted Bulb w/ hood.
I like Putting This light over my Germination Station. (Dome and try /w heating mat)

(x1) 150w Hps 16,000 lm
(x1) 4' T8 32w shop light, Bulbs mix matched, 1 red & 1 blue spec bulb. 2,600 lm ( Im thinking about getting x3 more of these
Light setups, One to hanging vertical in each corner of the room)

Light Setup.
(Setup x4)
x3 660wtt Light Bulb (Y) splitters, Connected to a 300wtt Heating Lamp cord with Disk Hood Removed.

Splitting 16 bulbs, 4 bulbs on Each Cord.
x2 55w 200w replacement bulbs with x2 13w 60w replacement bulbs.
Making 136wtt's on 660w(Y)/300wtt Cord. Total 9400 lm. Per light setup.
One for each corner of the Room. Red/Blue Spec setup.

Note:
I'm Looking forward to reading the feed back on my setup & Ladies, Neg and Pos. Help me learn from my mistakes.

Re: Organic Multi Strain Medical Indoor Grow, Looking for that Special Ladie.

Adding 4 of these set ups to the room.
SAM_07573.JPG

Is it ok to hang my Ballast Like this? Fan end of ballast pointed upwards.
SAM_08131.JPG

SAM_0811.JPG

Inside of room, OutTake.
SAM_07521.JPG

Outside of room, Outtake carbon filter
SAM_07309.JPG

Hi Rx-420 Thank you for starting a grow log Im gonna follow if you dont mind,I like your spaces and equipment you have . You shouldnt have much trouble setting up that perpetual system. I also use the GO box in my grow and love it. You asked about your ballast hanging there which looks fine unless things get too warm for you in the future. Those seedlings and clones are looking nice from that picture,It wont be too long before you start to flower some :goodjob:

Ty ClosetOrganic. Having you Follow along will be Great.

Mother #1 and 2 are abit ahead of the Rest of the grow. So at this time im planning on Veg for 3 more weeks. Then between wk 3 and 4, Start cutting back an hour of light each day, From 18/6 Until I reach 12/12. Then Flower for 8 to 10 weeks. Or as needed.
Im really Excited to start seeing these lovely ladies in Flower.

This is my First Time around with the Gen Organic GoBox. I do belive I like it. The Ladies sure seem too.

Where I live, During the winter. Temps are normal to hit -20f daily. More so with wind chill. So I kept the Ballast in the room for now for the extra added heat. During Spring and Summer Months, I plan on putting it on the out side of the room. And Might be adding a 2nd 1000w light for flowering, to the current grow. IF so it wont be until next month at income tax time. My fav time of the year, Next to the Upcoming Harvest times hahahaaha.

Im also really Glade to hear it looks like im cropping/training them right. I was a bit worried about that.

Thats interesting dimishing hours down to 12/12 like that, it seems it would speed up the transition and should show preflowers sooner for you after hitting 12/12 :) Ive been useing the GLR light hours in veg for awhile in my closet for a quick preflower on them too,I didnt have luck keeping moms under that so Im just cloneing the clones before flips and have been running perpetual harvest flowering at 11/13 hours.
My favorite time too coming $ ;) Our lease ends in March and getting the family to a bigger home is the plan with making sure there is space to keep my medicine growing a priority.If you skip to the end of my ongoing journal you can see my training I try.You can LST early and keep plants low and wide for a better yield I feel.

ClosetOrganic

I hope you find in march What you, Your family and your ladies need.
I been Reading over your Ongoing Grow log, Well Done. :bravo:
Above when u said u have been using the GLR(Gas Lantern Routine) light hours, I had no clue what you were talking about. lol
Since your above post, I been doing a bit of reading on it. Read a lot of good post on it. Some of which were posted by you aswell.
Which got me thinking on a few more things. Found it Interesting. You among so many others has a lot of good info posted out there.
Keep it up :thumb:

Im glad this problem isnt on all your plants.It looks like on your 1 carm mom. I really dont have confident experience for your issues.Some of those leaves in other pictures of that plant look different than low N to me,the ones where the the outer margin of leaf blades yellow or lime with the inner area green. When you feed them the GO stuff are you giving everthing on the box chart including the
optional marine at recomended doses and every water? Thats what I do and also add dry organic fertilizers to the mix at transplants.I hope you can figure it out or a more experienced grower jumps in tp help:goodluck:

I have been going by the usage on the back of the bottle per US gal. But Staying with what nutes to use per week as followed on the Box.
Looking at the Chart on the Box I guess im at wk3 Late growth.

Mixing per gal,
2-4 Tsp of BioThrive Grow 4-3-3
1 Tsp of CaMg+
.5 Tsp BioWeed 0.2-0-0.3
2 Tsp BioMarine 2-3-1
1 Tsp BioRoot 1-1-1

Befor this Grow I have never used nutes. I only used the nutes 3-4 times total this grow.
Im watering 1-2 times a week. Wondering if that's to much? Been Sticking my finger about 2inch in to the soil. as it feels dry I water.
or When I start to see the soil pulling away from the sides of the buckets.

How Often are you watering / feeding?

The Pic of Carm #3 & Carm#4 are Both Clones from M#1. Clone Taken on 10/17/13
Took the clones the same day my other Seeds Sprouted.
Mother #1 and 2 ofc was sprouted a good month+ befor the rest.

The PH of the run off of M1 tested 7.8 today. Her tested Run off last week was 8.2. (Non feeding) Run off was 100% clear:hmmmm:
All the other ladies Run off was a golden color.

Bad/dead soil on Top of the High Ph?
The Soil of all the ladies are made up of the same Mix.
MB1, Perlite, Cost of Maine lobster comp /w Peat Humus.

The only thing Mother #1 and 2 has, The rest don't is

Coast of Maine Premium Potting Soil.
Made with Sphagnum Peat Moss & Perlite
Enriched With Compost and Seaweed.
No idea of the NPK, not listed on the bag.
The Coast of maine line, Is the only other soil I can find here that's not MG. Unless its just plan dirt.

Mother #1 Seems to be Wilting bad. I'll post a pic of her in the morning. Some thing is going on with her and I just don't know what.
atm its lights off.
M1 is still showing new growth atlest.
M2 is still going over all well I think. Same sil Mix, Just in a Plastic bucket not the clay pot.
And a side note, M1 has the fastest drainage then the rest of the buckets.

Her clones look solid man. I started out not feeding much,just counting on my soil mostly and it was suggested that these nutes are used every watering so I started feeding every water for the last 2 harvests usually at the heavier amount suggested. Maybe a good ph adjusted flush would help lower the ph for you or a transplant.I heard those orange clay pots wick out water and maybe your clay pot is also drying her out faster. I would give her seperate waters from others with some bio weed.let me check back on a time that was suggested to me on a time before I started feeding every water

I cant find it sorry:( I thought it helped with stresses but not sure I flowered or got rid of a few moms I payed poor attention too or got too big for my space.Maybe you could take another clone to replace her if things dont turn around for you.
Also posting here
Frequently Asked Questions
or here
Problems, Pests & Disease Control
might help to get some better more experienced opinions to help on that plant and bring more attention to your journal:thumb:

Looking good, RX. I'm going to follow along. You will have fun with all these different strains.

All your plants are looking great, but as you pointed out, the super cropped plant, carm mother, has yellow leaves and looking rough.

An N deficiency doesn't normally start out just at the bottom. It usually starts out lime green a little all over, then going to yellow. The leaves are droopy too, which leads me to believe this plant has been over watered, and could be getting root rot. Yellowing from the bottom up is a sure sign. Don't worry, it won't spread to your other plants.

Since you have so many plants, I wouldn't get too upset about the one. If it is root rot, it is really difficult, near impossible to fix. But your best chance would be to let it go and don't water it until you notice it get REALLY droopy due to no water. Then just keep it on the dry side and see if she comes back. Some mycos wouldn't hurt. If it were me, I would just use one as your carm clones as the new mother.

You are doing great with the grow. When will you start 12/12 (flowering)? With one, 1K bulb I would start soon!

:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom