Organic Multi Strain Medical Indoor Grow - Looking for that Special Lady

Re: Organic Multi Strain Medical Indoor Grow, Looking for that Special Ladie.

I just want to start off by saying ty ClosetOrganic for taking interest in my Journal. Your input has been great. :thumb:

I started Feeding the ladies with every watering. They Seem to be loving it. Mother #1 is still holding in there, Not looking the best. But hanging in.
I figure it must be the Clay pot and maybe the mix of my soil. The Drainage of her clay pot was very fast. IF I was to go about transplanting her in to a plastic bucket and a new soil mix, What do you think would be the best way of going about it. I would hate to damage or kill her.
I think im not going to take any more clones from her. There is others in the room that's more healthy and growing faster stronger.
I do plan on taking upto 18 clones from the room befor kicking on the 12/12 on Dec,31.
I think I might aswell bud her out. Im sure by doing so I will learn some thing new from her. Worse case, I can always hash her out or make some thing from her latter. I just hope the new feedings will help her pick back up.
I just cant give up on her just yet.

Also it seems to me, feeding her every watering, will help drop the ph of her soil.
Thank you for your input, I'll post afew new pic's with in the next day or two.

lovely
Subd :thumb:

Hey TheCapn, Thank you for jumping in on my Journal. Im excited to have you take part in this grow. :high-five:
I have been reading over some of your threads, Awsome man just awesome.

And your thinking Root rot. Gees that's a bummer. I'll try letting her dry out a bit extra between feedings. And see if that helps.
That's really tobad, looks like I just learned a lesion. I was watering them every day at first, and using Ph up/down, Until I was told that's a big no no. Since then I haven't used the ph up/down. And been watering 1-2 times a week. I'll be sure to work on not over watering from here out.

That's some good info about the (n) def.

If I have to take her out, well dang but so be it. I'll post a few updated pics of her in the next 24-48hours.

on the 25th, im going to start cutting back an hour of light every day, until I hit 12/12 on the 31st. Also next month, around the 2nd week of jan, I hope to pick up a 2nd 1000W hps/mh package. So I can have 2 side by side in my room. Gotta love income tax time.
IF there is any thing else I need or should get, When I get my 2nd light, would be a good time to pick up every thing.

Hey TheCapn, Thank you for jumping in on my Journal. Im excited to have you take part in this grow. :high-five:
I have been reading over some of your threads, Awsome man just awesome.

And your thinking Root rot. Gees that's a bummer. I'll try letting her dry out a bit extra between feedings. And see if that helps.
That's really tobad, looks like I just learned a lesion. I was watering them every day at first, and using Ph up/down, Until I was told that's a big no no. Since then I haven't used the ph up/down. And been watering 1-2 times a week. I'll be sure to work on not over watering from here out.

That's some good info about the (n) def.

If I have to take her out, well dang but so be it. I'll post a few updated pics of her in the next 24-48hours.

on the 25th, im going to start cutting back an hour of light every day, until I hit 12/12 on the 31st. Also next month, around the 2nd week of jan, I hope to pick up a 2nd 1000W hps/mh package. So I can have 2 side by side in my room. Gotta love income tax time.
IF there is any thing else I need or should get, When I get my 2nd light, would be a good time to pick up every thing.

Good to be here, Rx, and thanks for the compliments. Like I said, don't get bummed out about the mother plant. All your others look like they could be on the cover of a magazine. It sure is hard to NOT get attached to them, isn't it? Especially when you start from seed. Trust me, I have had my share of root rot. It is awful. About your light... I was going to say that was the only thing you need more of :) When you start flower those babies are going to get huge and the one hood is probably not enough. Be sure to invest is an air cooled hood, even if it is a cheap one. Other than that, I would add some beneficial bacteria to your "ladies", as you call them.

"Carm clone", 3,4 &5, are really clones? They look like they were started from seed. Just curious.

The only thing I was going to suggest is, I notice your buckets are sitting in trays. When you water them, the excess water goes into the tray. If you don't see water going into the tray, you're not giving them enough volume of water. When the water goes into the tray, be sure to empty the tray so the dirt in the bottom isn't overly wet. Then, wait a few days, or until the pot feels significantly lighter, and water again.

For even faster growth, you could buy some grodan grow-cubes. They are nice because it's almost impossible to over water them, and your plants will grow faster, and it's no more difficult than dirt.

I'll be lurking and can't wait to see you switch to 12/12 on these. Do some research on the "start cutting back an hour of light every day" theory. It is fine to do, but if you do it, don't start counting down "flower time" until you've hit the 12/12 mark. I would go ahead and start your transition nutrient mix on your next irrigation.

Are you seeing any pistils yet?

Lol yes it is very easy to get overly attached.

As for the lighting, I was thinking I should maybe get x2 600w mh/hps dual ballast package, Like my 1000w. a 600w on each side of the 1000w.
I do have these two other Hoods on hand atm, With a 400w hps Magnetic ballast. I cant get my 1000w hps Magnetic ballast to fire up the other bulb I have on hand. Im thinking it might be the wrong bulb typ.

Hood that came with the 1000w hps
SAM_07492.JPG

Hood that came with the 400w ballast
SAM_07847.JPG

400w hps magnetic ballast, I need to order a 400w bulb. There cheap no reason I haven't yet.
SAM_07864.JPG

1000w hps ballast.
SAM_07952.JPG

I also have x2 150w hps lights w/bulbs.

and these two other lights,
Led, my 2nd is at a buddys atm,
SAM_07541.JPG

and this one
SAM_07564.JPG

ive seen leaves up to 11 fingers nothing wrong with it
Happy Tokerday Rx :thumb:

"Carm clone", 3,4 &5, are really clones? They look like they were started from seed. Just curious.

For even faster growth, you could buy some grodan grow-cubes. They are nice because it's almost impossible to over water them, and your plants will grow faster, and it's no more difficult than dirt.

I'll be lurking and can't wait to see you switch to 12/12 on these. Do some research on the "start cutting back an hour of light every day" theory. It is fine to do, but if you do it, don't start counting down "flower time" until you've hit the 12/12 mark. I would go ahead and start your transition nutrient mix on your next irrigation.

Are you seeing any pistils yet?

Great Tip on the Grodan-cubes. I'll pick some up when I have the chance and try them out.

The Carm clones were started on 10-17-13. When I transplanted them from 1gal size pots, I planted them up to the first nodes and toped them.

As for seeing any Pistils, Yes I am woot.
On all but the two Lemon ice plants.
I belive one of the lemon ice is about to pop a few pistils out.

I'll get some pics up today of the ladies.

The White Widow is coverd in them, top to bottom. Nice long white pistils. No mistaken her. Shes Sexy.

As for my transition nutrient mix on my next irrigation, I'll be sure to start in.

ive seen leaves up to 11 fingers nothing wrong with it
Happy Tokerday Rx :thumb:

Awsome, Im galde to hear that. I would love to see those Leaves. Maybe this spring when I put a few ladies out back, I might get lucky and see it befor harvest. Im planning on putting 2-3, 3-4 footers out back this spring. Lol Im hoping to grow a tree, hahaha. Im planning on ordering a nice Tall strain.
Any Strain Suggestions?? IF all goes to plan, Im hoping to order 4-5 strains next month. Some to try out doors, Rest to grow indoors.
:rollit:

It looks like you have a lot of misc lighting already. Pretty cool. I like the 600's. When you move to a digital ballast you will be spoiled.

It's going to get really hot in there if you add more light without vented hoods though, so be careful.

So you're saying these two plants are from clone?

SAM_0916.JPG

heres 2 Carm's from Seed, One I thought was a male, So I started to practice pruning on it. To See the effect pros/cons of it. Then it turned out to be a female after I butchered it. Ooops. Wont make that mistake again.

Corner plant is a Carm from Seed 10/17/13
SAM_0925.JPG

The blue bucket is the one I Butchered.
SAM_0926.JPG

I also try to make it a habit to turn each plant around every day, so the other side gets more light.

Im having a temp prob in my room. what is the lowest and highest temp range I should be in? Im guessing 65-80f? one night I seen it got down in to the low 50's. so I set my heater to run a bit longer at night. It has been well below zero here the last few days. and my air intake it drawing from the outside.

The temps I noticed has been lowest of 53f ish in the middle of the night (Lights off), About mid day, the room reads about 70-74f.

Rh has been between 45% and 65%.

Happy Weednsday Rx :thumb:
as far as highs you don't wanna past 90
as far as lows im not sure i can look it up later but cant do it now gonna leave soon for a few hrs
we don't get cold enough here to worry about the lows
don't live on a mountain high enough everything is tropical here

I also try to make it a habit to turn each plant around every day, so the other side gets more light.

Im having a temp prob in my room. what is the lowest and highest temp range I should be in? Im guessing 65-80f? one night I seen it got down in to the low 50's. so I set my heater to run a bit longer at night. It has been well below zero here the last few days. and my air intake it drawing from the outside.

The temps I noticed has been lowest of 53f ish in the middle of the night (Lights off), About mid day, the room reads about 70-74f.

Rh has been between 45% and 65%.

I've never seen a plant from clone grow so symmetrical.

15 degree difference between day and night is ideal.

Lookin good. :high-five:

Im wondering if its how I took the clones.
Never cloning befor, This is what I did.
I took the top 6-8 inches of a branch, Cutting the main branch about an inch below the node. (I toped mother #1 all over) Made the cut at an angle, Slightly scraping it. Then dipped it in Rooting hormone (Not in the bottle). Then Stuck it in to some soil. They Wilted bad. Counted them as dead. Then they bounced back looking lovely. Took them a few weeks to come back around.
Now I have a Germination station/humidity dome with heating mate, For the next Set of clones.

I sprayed them every day with Plain carbonated water. To help keep them from drying out the best I could.

Btw, Ty Chronichemphog and The Capn for the input on my temps.

A lot varies on your skills. but If you show me a picture of the final flowering space with the light on it, I can give you a pretty close estimate.

I have a few question about my 1000w Digital dimmable ballast. The Dimmable option is 50% 75% 100%. Do you Dim the 1000w bulb, Or do I buy other bulbs for each setting?
Dimmable option works with both Hps/MH?
Does Each setting change the usage of Amp's?

Just trying to plan out what I still need for lighting, And seeing what I'm able to do with what I have on hand. For this Grow and the next to follow.

I have a few question about my 1000w Digital dimmable ballast. The Dimmable option is 50% 75% 100%. Do you Dim the 1000w bulb, Or do I buy other bulbs for each setting?
Dimmable option works with both Hps/MH?
Does Each setting change the usage of Amp's?

Just trying to plan out what I still need for lighting, And seeing what I'm able to do with what I have on hand. For this Grow and the next to follow.

Subscribed. With a Digital Dimable Ballast you must match the light bulb to the maximum wattage (1000 watt light bulb matched to a 1000 watt Digital Dimable Ballast). The dimable option works with both Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium light bulb. My ballasts are Lumatek Digital Dimable Electronic Ballasts and use less amps when dimmed.

Back
Top Bottom