WR Indoor Grow - WhiteDwarf/Roadrunner.

hey i need some help with CO2, i have a medium size oxigen tank, full right now and its got a pressure mesering devise conected to it, how much do you need to relase in a small area like a closet ? i'm new to CO2 but i want to try it...

If it's an o2 bottle then it can't be filled with co2...laws and all you see, but if you get a bottle, you want to hit 1500ppm...any higher and it becomes toxic to the plant. There are sensors made to determine ppm levels, but they are best used in a cabinet/tent type setup. Closet type setups are not the best setups for using co2. The lack of absolute control of the ventilation
of the area will make maintaining a proper level of co2 a real challenge, and there is some potential for dangerous levels of co2 buildup, which become hazardous to humans at 3000ppm.

here is the oxigen tank i've got, i dont know how to mess with it so well but i have like a tube for it and all kind of medical stuff to attach to it, need some information on how to run it and how much to give.
IMG_12251.JPG

IMG_12242.JPG

full

i need to fill it out with CO2 then have a long tube run trought it and realese the CO2 just at the middle or near the fan that is blowing air on the plants to take that CO2 betwin the leafs, leafs can take up 5 times more CO2 then normal in indoor as far as i know, so will see... first i need to find a place to refill it for me when i need to.

if you have a "gas and welding supply" in your area they might not be able to fill that for you, my brother works for one and I got a tank regulator and Co2 for practically nothing.
Because you have an oxygen tank, they might not be able to fill with Co2. But good news is tanks are really cheap and you just pay a small fee to "rent" them. Every so often they have to be checked by authorities, so tanks are kept track of like they are gold. IF you bring in an untagged tank then you have to pay a fee to get it tagged, they make sure it can hold pressure and what not. Some tanks are lined with different materials to hold in different sizes gas molecules. Some of those linings interact badly with certain gases.
Here are some videos of gas plants exploding, of course these will be for entertainment purposes but my brother works for a plant just like this one and its the cheapest place in town for Co2 LOL Enjoy!!

YouTube - Praxair chemical distribution facility explosion in Saint Louis

YouTube - Praxair

YouTube - Dallas gas plant explosions

If you know someone who works for one they can get you what you need for practically nothing. Look into it!!

Musik \\\vVv///:nicethread::peace: :grinjoint::popcorn:

If it's an o2 bottle then it can't be filled with co2...laws and all you see, but if you get a bottle, you want to hit 1500ppm...any higher and it becomes toxic to the plant. There are sensors made to determine ppm levels, but they are best used in a cabinet/tent type setup. Closet type setups are not the best setups for using co2. The lack of absolute control of the ventilation
of the area will make maintaining a proper level of co2 a real challenge, and there is some potential for dangerous levels of co2 buildup, which become hazardous to humans at 3000ppm.

yeah i think that after reading this information i realy can't use it on this closet grow but its something i will defently check out and learn about for a big size tent grow useing.

thanks for the great information. :rollit:

yeah i think that after reading this information i realy can't use it on this closet grow but its something i will defently check out and learn about for a big size tent grow useing.

thanks for the great information. :rollit:

Tents are perfect for Co2 injection. Not completely airtight, but good enough when you consider the speed at which the plant(s) will suck up the gas. You can expect massive yield gains when you start using it.

Tents are perfect for Co2 injection. Not completely airtight, but good enough when you consider the speed at which the plant(s) will suck up the gas. You can expect massive yield gains when you start using it.

thanks man i really apriciate the help, i will learn about it so i wont get myself or the plants killed.

i'm in the market for new products so i'm currently looking for a tent and a quite S&P Exhaust and a realy good carbon filter i have good help from my hydroshop they can bring now almost anything if they dont have it they will order for me but i guess in a month from now i'll be realy for the next grow with a nice setup tent like 1.2x1.2x2m.

You're doing it right. You jumped in and got your feet wet, got some experience going. Now you're figuring out what you really need. You're on your way.

my plants are doing great they are blooming nicely but i've moved 3 of them out and have only the roadrunner indoor cuz i can't control the odor of all 4 and the roadrunner seems to be the best yeilder right now, so i have the rest outdoor in the garden getting nice 7-8 good hours of sun, roadrunner is exactly 28 days from seed and its blooming nicely day by day now i need to take new pictures, btw its streching pretty strong its 65cm tall already and drinking 1.5L per 2 days.

my plants are doing great they are blooming nicely but i've moved 3 of them out and have only the roadrunner indoor cuz i can't control the odor of all 4 and the roadrunner seems to be the best yeilder right now, so i have the rest outdoor in the garden getting nice 7-8 good hours of sun, roadrunner is exactly 28 days from seed and its blooming nicely day by day now i need to take new pictures, btw its streching pretty strong its 65cm tall already and drinking 1.5L per 2 days.

Yeah, she stretches some, but fills in very well. The stretch will stop in 8-10 days, and then she'll start to swell up daily...it's really a fun plant to watch.

pictures roadrunner day 28 (exactly 4 weeks)

the top
IMG_12482.JPG

you can see the streching in the last few days
IMG_12462.JPG

ventilated well
IMG_12451.JPG

buding nicely
IMG_12441.JPG

65cm tall
IMG_12471.JPG

getting hairy even at the lower parts
IMG_12431.JPG

the plant geting dens at the top
IMG_1241.JPG

poping all over
IMG_1239.JPG

little bud
IMG_1238.JPG

remember i use 250w hps venture bulb and a digital ballast from uplux
the reflector is a hammerd reflector so its realy getting all the light to the plant not loseing any of it, and i use GHE flora seris nuts wich is lovely i like it its easy to use and i got no nuts burn what so ever, plant is totaly healty keeping the p.h around 6.5.

Yeah, 250w beaming down on one plant will make a monster. You've got more length for a massive cola to develop than I did. Try feeding her just a bit more P. You're getting a little deficiency there and you have a plant that needs tons of it from here on out. Don't go nuts and burn them, but give them a little more if you can.

You're doing a great job Brother.
+rep

thanks man ! today i waterd it with only water (ph 6.8 when i water like you told me)
i'm useing 1/2 the dose you will give GHE to hydro right now its something like 1.5ml from each fert for a 1.5litters so i can slowly increase it to 2ml and look how shes doing, GHE flora is very very very contentrated ferts so i'm careful with it.

thanks man ! today i waterd it with only water (ph 6.8 when i water like you told me)
i'm useing 1/2 the dose you will give GHE to hydro right now its something like 1.5ml from each fert for a 1.5litters so i can slowly increase it to 2ml and look how shes doing, GHE flora is very very very contentrated ferts so i'm careful with it.

Yes, I'd try bumping it up just a bit. Keep a close eye on it, watch for burnt tips and the like, but you need more P.

Back
Top Bottom