WR Indoor Grow - WhiteDwarf/Roadrunner.

You can do it with a 150. You will lose some yield for sure, but you can do it. The heat difference in the two lights will be significant. If you can afford to upgrade your ventilation, I'd do that and hit them with the 400...if circumstances don't allow, you can run a fine little grow with the 150.

thanks for the kind help SW, well i can get a 150w but i think it wont be that of a change (maybe i'm wrong) compaered to the 250cfl i'm useing, the hydroshop i'm working with have a Philips Son-T-Pia PLUS HPS 250w bulb that gives 33,000lum
and i can afford that (with a digital ballast UpLUX 250w)
i can add another outtake fan or switch to a better fan but i can also try DIY cool the light with pc fans just to take the heat away and up to the outtake.

what do you think about useing 250w for 60x80x180 ? (in centimeters)

It would be a rather significant increase...not so much in the lumen catagory, but in penetration. Downside to cfls, actually flouros in general, is lack of penetration, which almost requires use of lst to get really top production. Your space is relatively small, so it's a tough call. I can see temps getting out of control pretty easy if anything were to happen to your ventilation, but barring that you should be ok. However, you may be better served by a 150w HPS and the use of the cfls for side lighting if space permits.

thank you OldMedMan i'm trying my best with this one :)

SW, thank you for the info and yes i can see that even alot of cfl all togther isnt getting a good penetration, i'm haveing a problem to get a good ballast for 150w they are too cheap quality and i can see how paying less will cost me more later, and i can find only a digital ballast for 250w and above, so i think i'm going to get the 250w digital ballast with the Philips Son-T-Pia PLUS HPS 250w bulb (33,000lum) and a good reflector wich i will make a DIY cooling and just see if the temps will get too high then i'll have to take care of it professionaly...

i know my space is a little small but its all i have right now and i'm trying to make the best out of it i'm sure now that theres nothing like growing with HPS, cfls are just not penaterting and the grow becomes thin and buds are not dense and large... i know moveing to HPS even not for veg and only for flowering is way worth it so i'm gonna go HPS this week and i'll update ASAP.

Galaxy makes a *very* nice 150w electronic ballast. It runs both MH and HPS. It's completely silent also, which is big plus for me. They make a regular 150 and a dual 150 that will drive two bulbs, so if you check prices, make sure you're looking at the single.

It's a tough call as far as 150 versus 250 heat-wise. I've done back-to-back comparisons, both with remote ballasts outside the grow area, and the 250 got about five degrees higher Fahrenheit to give you some idea.

A 150w electronic ballast does provide about 20% more lumens than magnetic coil ballasts, so the light output is pretty good for a small personal grow.

I don't recommend you get one of the lights that are all-in-one because having the ballast inside the grow area will make it significantly hotter.

I have a Galaxy 150w and Lumatek 250w electronic ballasts, and love both of them. I actually just recently bought another Galaxy 150w on ebay cause it was too good a deal to pass up.

Galaxy makes a *very* nice 150w electronic ballast. It runs both MH and HPS. It's completely silent also, which is big plus for me. They make a regular 150 and a dual 150 that will drive two bulbs, so if you check prices, make sure you're looking at the single.

It's a tough call as far as 150 versus 250 heat-wise. I've done back-to-back comparisons, both with remote ballasts outside the grow area, and the 250 got about five degrees higher Fahrenheit to give you some idea.

A 150w electronic ballast does provide about 20% more lumens than magnetic coil ballasts, so the light output is pretty good for a small personal grow.

I don't recommend you get one of the lights that are all-in-one because having the ballast inside the grow area will make it significantly hotter.

I have a Galaxy 150w and Lumatek 250w electronic ballasts, and love both of them. I actually just recently bought another Galaxy 150w on ebay cause it was too good a deal to pass up.

well i can't buy galaxy products in my country they just dont bring them here
and if i order one from outstate the shiping cost will be just huge...

i know that regular magnetic ballasts are not good they destroy the bulb very quickly and electronic ballasts can make your bulb last for 3-4 years + give the bulb the option to produce maximum lum'

the only electronic ballasts i can get is from "UpLUX" and its a minimum of 250w (HPS only) so its kinda my defult choice, i think heat will be an isue above 150w hps but i can get 150w hps only with a magnetic ballast...and its just not worth it, i rather take the 250w and make changes in my closet to make the temps right, but overall great info if i had the option to get the galaxy here with 150w bulb i would.

well i can't buy galaxy products in my country they just dont bring them here
and if i order one from outstate the shiping cost will be just huge...

i know that regular magnetic ballasts are not good they destroy the bulb very quickly and electronic ballasts can make your bulb last for 3-4 years + give the bulb the option to produce maximum lum'

the only electronic ballasts i can get is from "UpLUX" and its a minimum of 250w (HPS only) so its kinda my defult choice, i think heat will be an isue above 150w hps but i can get 150w hps only with a magnetic ballast...and its just not worth it, i rather take the 250w and make changes in my closet to make the temps right, but overall great info if i had the option to get the galaxy here with 150w bulb i would.

The 250 should work great in that space. My indoor tent is just slightly larger than your space and the light coverage is excellent. If heat becomes an issue, you might have to upgrade your exhaust fan, but that should solve it.

Just curious, but is ebay an option for you?

ebay is great the only problem that in my country you can't order anything from there just small things, everything that has a wieght will be so expensive to ship here + tax :\ i know i live in a shitty place, i can't say the name of my country i just dont think its so safe i dont know whos reading ya know...

ebay is great the only problem that in my country you can't order anything from there just small things, everything that has a wieght will be so expensive to ship here + tax :\ i know i live in a shitty place, i can't say the name of my country i just dont think its so safe i dont know whos reading ya know...

I understand completely.

On a federal level, I'm in the same boat.

So, are you gonna get that 250w?

im IN for this one braa. lookin goood!

still dont have my camera one of my friend took it again so i hope he get it back to me asap, i have a really good update as for smell, they started to give a very strong fruity aroma nothing like i everd smelled from any lowryder i was growing befor, this smell reminds u more of a fruit called "guava" if you know it, realy good smell its just fruity aroma beyond anything i have ever grown befor !

awesome then, can't wait for pics. the aroma must be nice as well.

my girls are skunk as fuuuu. haa

update on the light setup, just got my DIY CFL reflector and lights out of the grow closet, installed a new electronic 250w hps ballast on the door side from inside just under the out vent fan, installed the open reflector and 250w bulb i ended up buying a venture 250w bulb and not the philips sontpia bulb, the venture is better for growing then the philips even that the philips bulb makes 33,000lum and the venture 30,000lum.

the temperature of the bulb is much higher then all of my 6 cfls but its not high above the level i can control it without a closed cool refelctor, my current vents works perfectly even with the higher bulb temperature so i'm really happy with the final result of the new light system the 250w is very powerful to a closet the zise i'm useing so it covers everything realy well and the white from inside the closet just brings evrything back to the plants its great, anyway still no camera i'm sorry i can't upload new pic's but hopefuly soon, the RR is 19 days old and already started to show white hairs they keep on poping its going very well.

heres an updated 2 photos i took befor the battaris died, well i load them up so i can take more better quality pictures, here they are day 23 except the little one on the right wich is 14 days old and going well.

IMG_11082.JPG

IMG_11091.JPG

again day 23 and going very nice with the HPS they love it and the grow is realy faster then any CFL i've used, still going 24/0 they all have preflowers and little white hairs poping out except the little one wich is 14 days old, all fem and no hermi singns at all.

Looks great WeedRyder! Can you get better close-ups, or is that a phone cam? Still looks great!, ....just want to see the hairs too........

What are your temps in there? RH?
Hope your having a great weekend!!

gman

ty dude yeah i can get realy good quality pictures i'm not so good with close-ups but i'll try my best i have the battris in load right now cuz my camera ware at a friend and he totaly used the battaris.

overall the pictures i have on now are not doing them justice at all, they realy big now and looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom