Scarfinger68's - Soil - CFL - Aurora Indica Journal - 2013

Sunday update: Day 47 of flower (pic heavy post)

The buds seem to have fattened up since the last update. A little more of a musky skunky smell with a lemon zest undertone in the box.

Run off is in the 6's
P101000648.JPG

I pulled off some of the yellow leaves that came off easy.

The line up:
P101002021.JPG

Plant #2 with the leaf damage and heavy lemon smell. Around 18 inches tall
P101002222.JPG

P101001330.JPG

P101000752.JPG

P101002122.JPG

Plant #1 with the uneven growth. This is the 20 inch tall plant. Also this plant doesn't have any brown pistols yet. The other two plants do have some brown pistols.
P101001238.JPG

P101001141.JPG

P101001630.JPG

Plant #3
P101001431.JPG

In the box
P101002320.JPG

close up
P101002419.JPG

Lighter pics
P101001431.JPG

P101001042.JPG

P101000939.JPG

P101001141.JPG

I flushed again for the second time in a row of 1 gallon plain water for each plant. I went ahead and added some molasses (a couple drops per 1 gallon of water) about a splash per plant. Also gave a topping of flower ferts that I had mixed up from last feeding. The fert mixture PH'd around 7. The molasses was a bit higher than 7 PH.

:peacetwo:

ok cool, some food, some molasses, let em be for some time know. I know the past calcium burn is scaring you but they even want some nitrogen. does your bloom feed have any nitro, at least 1 part?

ok cool, some food, some molasses, let em be for some time know. I know the past calcium burn is scaring you but they even want some nitrogen. does your bloom feed have any nitro, at least 1 part?

Yes it has some nitro :)

Clone Update: Day 7

All 4 clones are doing well. I haven't misted them at all. I did however give them about 2 ounces of water at day 4 and again today which is day 7. I have been going by how heavy the cup feels. Humidity in the VEG room has been on the lower side of 37% and seems to be drying out the soil faster than the last time I cloned.

I am not trying to saturate the clone and drown it. Just enough to keep it moist.

All 4 look healthy and should be viable and rooted in 10 to 15 days.
P101002614.JPG

breal are you saying that plant 2 looks calcium burnt?

without being able to see the roots you just put them under lights and hope for the best or is there something in particular you are seeing. i mean what tells you whether its a go at 10 days or 15 days ,by doing well do you mean color? leaves still springy?

as always good works and take care

Looking awesome Scar. The AI have filled out a lot since I last checked. :thumb:

Yes they did put on some weight this last week. Thanks for stopping by :)

breal are you saying that plant 2 looks calcium burnt?

without being able to see the roots you just put them under lights and hope for the best or is there something in particular you are seeing. i mean what tells you whether its a go at 10 days or 15 days ,by doing well do you mean color? leaves still springy?

as always good works and take care

I believe b.real is referring to calcium burn in VEG that I had.
P10007701.JPG

So they are healthy because:

1. No crazy twisting right after cutting. I believe they will twist and contort if they get an air bubble/embolism which has always meant death in my experience

2. They are all healthy colored with no wilting.
----A. When they start to root there may be some yellowing which means they are using nutrients in the leaves to root.
----B. No grey malaise color. This means that mold has taken to the plant and it will die.
----C. No wilting meaning they have the right environment to survive in their vulnerable state
--------a. Usually a greyish colored area with a plant that wilts easily means death

So all in all they look good and health :)

*edit: added picture

i mean what tells you whether its a go at 10 days or 15 days

At 10 days I will start to test the clones by leaving the domes off for an hour or so and see how they tolerate it. It is mainly experience that gives me a clue to when they will take when using rotting clone. If they wilt I put the dome back on and try the next day.

In my experience clones take a certain time to be independent without any extra babying: ( in soil)
-with rooting powder: 10 to 15 days
-with out rotting powder: 15 to 20 days
-monster cloning at day 21 of flower with cloning powder: 10 to 20 days
----Monster clones may take up to 30 days to show growth *reveg* (in my limited experience)

>>>-monster cloning at day 21 of flower with cloning powder: 10 to 20 days
----Monster clones may take up to 30 days to show growth *reveg* (in my limited experience)

That's good info to know regardless of your amount of expereince, it is still first-hand knowledge!

I just took clones almost at 3 weeks into flower for the first time, so I'll definitely give them longer to fully root! +Reps ;)

:oops: I left the house and forgot to check the clones. I came home 4.5 hours later :bitingnails: and they look... wonderful :surf: :yahoo:

There is no wilting and they look good. I will leave the domes off and check back on them later tonight. :)

I know everyone has their own way, but ever sense I went with an aeroponic cloner I have had 100% success rate. And I love be able to lift the lid and/or pull out a plug and check root growth progress, so I know what going on. Plus have not used dome. And they seem to root A LOT faster, my last batch of 5 went from cutting to planted in soil in 10 days or less.

I got this one,
41m2YOTD_pL_SX425_.jpg
, but It would be pretty easy to make one too, just saw BID make one in his journal.

So after the roots grow about an inch or two, I just plant in soil, like I said so far I am about 15 out of 15.

But the biggest thing to me is to be able to check progress by lifting a plug, being the control freak I am I like to know what going on.

Used Clonex gel on the cutting and Olivia's cloning solution in the water.

I never tried the aeroponic technique. It does look like a good way to clone. I did try a bubbler cloner early on but I didn't have much success with it. I usually have pretty good success with my styrofoam cup and dome cloning technique.

So far out of the 4 clones it looks like they all are going to make it. I have one that is showing a little wilting so I put the dome back on that one. The other 3 are good to go.

Thanks for the info Crawdaddy :thumb:

Crawdaddy, when you use your aero cloner, do you spray 24/7? Also how close are the spray heads to the tips of the stems?

Aurora Indica, day 54 of flower

Just water today. They got a little dried out today. I noticed they are all showing more yellowing. I am thinking 60 days is going to be good for them. I see one or 2 amber trichomes, mainly cloudy and half cloudy/clear with some clear mixed in.

This is the first time I have grown AI and I am guessing they are a little more sensitive to fertilizer compared to the ICE plants that tolerated fertilizer much better.

Well enough talking... Pictures

Plant 3 is leaning, I gave her a little support.
P101003010.JPG

Plant 2 isn't showing anymore browning necessarily. But does have increased yellowing.
P10100318.JPG

Plant 3
P101003213.JPG

Buds
P10100462.JPG

P10100452.JPG

Lighter shots
P10100366.JPG

P101003312.JPG

P10100483.JPG

Nice hand grenades!

Seems to me that they got MUCH denser than the last time I saw them. How much are you expecting to yield?

I am expecting 3 oz. and hoping for a little more than 3 oz.

... But I should consider that I never have grown this strain before. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom