Colorado High - Soil - CFL - Super Skunk - 2013

Curing has begun! The dry weights are in with the left lady weighing in at 34.5 grams and the right lady coming in at 32.0 grams, although the right lady is much frostier than the left lady so they may differ in potency. That beat my previous harvest by almost 10 grams, ~15%, and that's with half the plants so I effectively more than doubled my harvest per plant! It all fit into two 1 quart mason jars, each with a Boveda 62% Humidipak, and I put the top colas in double-bagged gallon size ziploc bags, each with a Boveda 62% Humidipak. In two weeks I will give this harvest a try with a taste test of the left lady. Until then I hope everything is well with you and yours.

:goodjob:Slim.

Day 5 of curing and an interesting development has occured. I have hygrometer lids for my mason jars and I checked on them the other day and I noticed that while the right lady was at 64%, the left lady was at 72%. There were no apparent problems on any of the buds in either jar. I decided to open both jars, for the first time since I started curing, to switch the hygrometers to see if that was the reason for the discrepancy. The aromas of both jars is still mostly that sweet fresh cut grass smell but it does appear to be less pungent and more mellow that the Easy Rider. I'm still at least 9 days away from a taste test so we will see what happens over the next week or so.

Day 18 of curing and I have a preliminary taste report of Super Skunk. First off. this is really two cures not one and some of their characteristics are distinctly different. The left lady, for some reason, was not sufficiently dried and for the first two weeks of curing was holding steady at 70%-72% RH. No mold developed nor were their any issues with the buds and I did burp it a few times to make sure that the curing stayed the course. It has now settled down to 60%-62% RH and appears to be curing nicely. The right lady on the other hand has stayed between 58%-62% RH without any burping whatsoever. The differences don't end there, as expected the potency of the left lady is much less than the right lady and while both ladies produce the same high, the left lady lacks in both intensity and duration. Given that I'm expecting my Magical Butter 2 machine sometime next week, thanks again to :420: and their Sponsors, I think this is a superb opportunity to try it out using the left lady.

The aroma of Super Skunk is more earthy than the Easy Rider and has a more mellow, relaxed manner to it if that makes any sense at all to anyone. ;) The high is much more couch-lock than Easy Rider as well. There is a head component to the high but that heaviness in the chest is quite evident. Overall it is a nice mellow high compared to the heady buzz of Easy Rider which by the way did settle down the longer it cured. I'll be posting a second taste report in about 2 weeks time and we'll see how it ages and matures.

Nice report Slim.

yeah man just air out the one that needs to dry more. the best method is puffing one every now and then to test mostiure when it's ready to not crack jar anymore. a grinder really tells the truth, but you get used to the feel just by squeezing it.

another thing to watch out for is not tight jars cause when its dry it keeps drying to a dust feeling. I stored long term in tupperware couple times and did not hold air well enough buds ended up dried out. it's also easy to give them mostirue but yeah its just better if you can control it from the start maybe just add a peel of lemon or something (if you got bud left) down the road lolol

Day 30 of curing and the left lady is still hanging in there awaiting her fate with the MB2 Machine. She is at 64% now, almost ready, but the aroma is much less intense than the right lady. The right lady continues to do well, she is at 56% RH now and has taken on a fruity component to her aroma. I'm terrible with smells without visual clues, but I would guess it's closest to a pear, a very musky pear. The high continues to hit the chest quite hard, but other than the high being more indica-like than Easy Rider, the profiles are quite similar. They both hit quickly and strongly and last a good hour or two. If I had to pick the more potent strain as I've grown them, I would have to pick Easy Rider. I'm about half way through the right lady and since I'm using the entire left lady for cannabutter, it's looking like I will have to purchase some cannabis locally in the near future. I'm looking for sativa-dominant strains to try and I would appreciate any suggestions. I like a nice bright head buzz, but not to the point of paranoia. I definitely do not want any "munchies" side effects, I just want a nice uplifting high that puts you in a very good place with the world. :Namaste: :peace:

Nice smoke report Slim.

I'm not sure why you cannot view the pictures but just by clicking on the Completed Grows in my signature will bring you to the beginning of each journal and you can peruse the journals at your leisure checking out the photos contained within. That goes for any of the journal links that exist around the site.

Back
Top Bottom