Colorado High - Soilless - LED/CFL - Dutch Dope - 2014

grats on the chop :thumb:

im subbed if you dont mind CH, best of luck with your garden :Namaste:

Congratulations those babies look like Massive Broccoli on a stick! Superb results considering the problems with root development you mentioned. The important thing I would assume is to not look down on yourself, I mean you identified your growing style, what you believe to be issues and you know how to solve those issues. I'm positive you will kill the next batch!

i have always been jealous of hydro and soilless grows
people who have them dialed in get fantastic results
no soil to keep up with and then get rid of
haste
some good reasons to go that way
i just do soil at present i am scared i guess
will you revert or forge ahead and try to adjust?
looking forward to your next adventure regardless
waiting for final tally and smoke report
take care and good luck

:thanks: yuyo! Since I'm growing for personal use and pleasure, as I do enjoy gardening, I don't need huge quantities just high quality so I doubt I will stray from soil again. I will probably use soilless medium in conjunction with soil but never again will I solely use soilless medium for growing anything. It's just too much trouble and headache for me, I'd rather let the soil do all the micro-management, pun-intended, and let me just enjoy the process of growth and maturity in the plant world.

:thanks: yuyo! Since I'm growing for personal use and pleasure, as I do enjoy gardening, I don't need huge quantities just high quality so I doubt I will stray from soil again. I will probably use soilless medium in conjunction with soil but never again will I solely use soilless medium for growing anything. It's just too much trouble and headache for me, I'd rather let the soil do all the micro-management, pun-intended, and let me just enjoy the process of growth and maturity in the plant world.

I like your style! Well said.

This harvest has been drying for a little over 6 days and the dried buds are ready to be placed into their curing jars. The harvest filled up 5-1 quart Mason jars, weighs a total of a little more than 4.0 ounces and is divided up as follows -

B/L lady came in with a total of 43.1 g (1.5 oz.) with a 15.9 g main cola

B/R lady came in with a total of 26.6 g (0.9 oz.) with a 16.6 g main cola

F/C lady came in with a total of 45.2 g (1.6 oz.) with a 18.5 g main cola

2.3 g of loose buds dislodged during washing and drying.

Taste tests to come in approximately 2 and 4 weeks.

Me too. I have an outdoor garden for various veggies. So many grubs and other various creepy crawly creatures roam that world. In my jungle, bugs are a serious issue I battle at all times. Avoiding soil has made for a bug free grow environment. I can't imagine ever going back. Kick myself every day for not doing hempy sooner.

For anyone who is still interested, the taste tests will be delayed for a while as I'm unable to vape after a minor medical procedure. All is well, but until I've fully healed, it is against doctor's recommendations to vape. I still intend to do the taste tests and I will post them here once I can get back to vaping. I apologize for the delay and I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Congratulations on your harvest Colorado High.

After nearly 5 weeks of curing, I'm finally able to provide a taste test on my recent Dutch Dope harvest. The curing has been going well without any issues. The aromas are earthy with a slightly sweet grassy finish. The taste is not very remarkable, which is not to say it is bad or anything, but that it just has a normal taste profile with no outstanding qualities. The high is what you'd expect from a 60/40 hybrid, a nearly even split between head and body high. It takes up to 30 minutes for the effects to hit and they last for about 2 hours or so. While the potency is not on par with my first 2 grows, it is better than my previous grow. It appears that extending flowering by a month helped with the quality of the final product. It looks like I have enough to keep me vaping until the harvest of my next grow which should occur near the end of this calendar year. Now that I'm going back to soil, I hope to get back to the quality I enjoyed with my first 2 grows. I'd like to thank everyone who kept up with the more than 7 months journey of this grow. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom