Colorado High - Soilless - LED/CFL - Dutch Dope - 2014

Damn, then some long flower times man. Trichs are looking good, hope it all wraps up for you in the next couple weeks

I know right? This entire grow has been like that. The smells are wonderful and the main colas are thick and dense, but the ladies are still throwing pistils, granted at a slower pace, and aren't quite ready yet.

Well, now that you bring that up, the B/L and F/C ladies started to foxtail on all of the colas, so I snipped the top off of each cola on both plants a few days ago. The B/R lady has not started to foxtail and it still looks likes it is further along than the other two ladies. There are no nanners yet on any of the plants.

I'm sure even if nanners appear now they wouldn't have the time to do any real damage to the plant. Been an awesome grow like the others. What you got on deck for us next?

Not sure yet. Next grow won't start until the end of summer when it is close enough to fall to veg in the last remnants of summer and then flower in the cooler and drier environment of autumn. It's between the free seeds I received with my order or a repeat grow of one of the strains of my first 4 grows. I do have a few seeds that were created during my first grow - Easy Rider that I might grow with the remaining ER seeds as a compare/contrast experiment.

Day 94 of flowering and the ladies are still chugging along pretty well considering that they are nearly 2 weeks into the pre-harvest flush. There is some evidence of nutrient depletion in the larger fan leaves but overall the ladies appear to be relatively unfazed by this change in diet. The main colas on the B/L and F/C ladies are as long and as wide as a 12 ounce soda can and so dense that I've had to provide support for them so they wouldn't lean too much. The B/R lady is smaller, but equally as dense as her sisters, and further along than the other two.

Group shot of the ladies on day 94 of flowering -

IMG_008445.JPG

Profile shot of the ladies on day 94 of flowering -

IMG_008537.JPG

Close-up shot of the top of the B/L lady on day 94 of flowering -

IMG_008642.JPG

Close-up shot of the top of the B/R lady on day 94 of flowering -

IMG_008742.JPG

Close-up shot of the top of the F/C lady on day 94 of flowering -

IMG_008829.JPG

This is the first time I've really seen this much of a swell, in the main colas especially. Overall bud development has been much improved this time around. I expect the swelling to increase, especially on the B/L and F/C ladies, as I topped all of their colas nearly a week ago when they started to foxtail. When these ladies will be ready is anyone's guess. I sure hope my patience pays off this time around as I'm really depending on this harvest covering my needs until my next grow is ready which, as it currently stands, won't be until the much later this year.

:thanks: Peyton! Your description is not that far off actually as there is no more than an inch separating any of the bud clusters on the main stalk below the main cola, whereas the bud clusters on the side shoots are within a couple of inches on one another.

BTW - I really want to thank you for taking a $4 million hit to your salary this year. I realize that that is a big chunk but I like a leader that thinks of the entire team and not just himself. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :;): :;):

Day 107 of flowering and I performed what is probably the last trichome check of the ladies. They've been in flower for nearly 4 months now and there are still new pistils being produced. They are not as sugary as I would have liked, but I think they have matured as much as they are going to before they start to whither and die. I cannot take the chance of reducing the quality of the harvest by letting them go too long, so I will be harvesting them sometime within the next week.

Topside of a sugar leaf from the B/L lady @ ~200X -

20150318085819.jpg

20150318085845.jpg

Small calyx from the B/R lady @ ~200X -

20150318090500.jpg

20150318090532.jpg

Topside of a sugar leaf from the F/C lady @ ~200X -

20150318090134.jpg

20150318090337.jpg

The ladies have been receiving only de-chlorinated tap water for nearly 4 weeks now and other than some nutrient deficiencies in the larger leaves, there has been no other visible impact to the ladies. My next update will be the harvest which will include the final shots of these ladies before they are chopped down. I am just hoping that the quality is there this time compared to my last grow. As always, time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom