Colorado High - Soilless - LED/CFL - Dutch Dope - 2014

It is possible that the effects of the high temperatures and CO2 are longer lasting than I'd thought, interesting thought Tead. The drought was brought on by a last minute vacation and while the timing could have been better, like during vegging, the saturating of the medium at the beginning and the reduced lighting throughout seemed to have done the job in getting them through this time with minimal stress. Maybe something happened internally during that time of which I'm unaware that has resulted in the current slow growth. :hmmmm:

Day 36.5 of flowering and I decided to take some better photos of the ladies. While they might not be the prettiest ladies around, they deserve to be treated like all the rest, with respect and dignity and I did not do them justice earlier today.

Group shot of the ladies on day 36.5 of flowering -

IMG_003792.JPG

Profile shot of the ladies on day 36.5 of flowering -

IMG_003889.JPG

Single shot of the B/L lady on day 36.5 of flowering -

IMG_003984.JPG

Macro shot of the top of the B/L lady on day 36.5 of flowering -

IMG_004278.JPG

Single shot of the B/R lady on day 36.5 of flowering -

IMG_004084.JPG

Macro shot of the top of the B/R lady on day 36.5 of flowering -

IMG_004372.JPG

Single shot of the F/C lady on day 36.5 of flowering -

IMG_004173.JPG

Macro shot of the top of the F/C lady on day 36.5 of flowering -

IMG_004477.JPG

Day 46 of flowering and the ladies are still doing well as far as I can tell. There are more flowers on them every day and the flowers that are already there are filling out quite nicely. Given the tight spacing of the buds, the main colas for sure, as well as some of the side shoot colas, look like they are going to develop into some nice dense nugs. I raised the B/R lady a bit to even out the canopy in relation to the LEDs, so that all of the ladies are now within 15" of the LEDs.

Group shot of the ladies on day 46 of flowering -

IMG_005465.JPG

Profile shot of the ladies on day 46 of flowering -

IMG_005562.JPG

Single shot of the B/L lady on day 46 of flowering -

IMG_005653.JPG

Close-up shot of the top of the B/L lady on day 46 of flowering -

IMG_005946.JPG

Single shot of the B/R lady on day 46 of flowering -

IMG_005750.JPG

Close-up shot of the top of the B/R lady on day 46 of flowering -

IMG_006056.JPG

Single shot of the F/C lady on day 46 of flowering -

IMG_005853.JPG

Close-up shot of the top of the F/C lady on day 46 of flowering -

IMG_006149.JPG

The ladies are getting a total of one half gallon of the standard nutrient solution every couple of days now. They don't seem to mind the frequent consecutive feedings and appear to me to be some of the healthiest, if not the most healthy, cannabis plants I ever grown. I can only hope that the harvest is commensurate with the health and vigor of these ladies. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, for some anyway, weekend. :Namaste: :peace:

very nice man! keep em watered. I bet those girls can handle water every 2nd or 3rd day.

Day 58 of flowering and the ladies are still taking their own sweet time reaching full maturity, not that I'm in any sort of rush mind you. I won't be starting another grow until the end of summer when the high temperatures drop to a more reasonable level. The grow environment remains rock solid stable with temperatures between 65° and 85° and an RH of 30%-50%. Here we are in the 9th week of flowering and the tops look like they could go for another month or so before they are ready. The main colas appear to be thickening up quite nicely and with the tight node spacing, there should be some nice long and thick colas on these ladies. A trichome check is definitely in order and I will be doing that and posting the results within the next few days or so. Maybe that will shed some light on the progress that these ladies are making.

Group shot of the ladies on day 58 of flowering -

IMG_006245.JPG

Profile shot of the ladies on day 58 of flowering -

IMG_006347.JPG

Close-up shots of the top cola of the B/L lady on day 58 of flowering -

IMG_006451.JPG

IMG_006844.JPG

Close-up shots of the top cola of the B/R lady on day 58 of flowering -

IMG_006551.JPG

IMG_006947.JPG

Close-up shots of the top cola of the F/C lady on day 58 of flowering -

IMG_006655.JPG

IMG_007047.JPG

The ladies are steadily increasing their demand for food and water. They all get a total of one-half gallon of the standard nutrient solution at least every 2 days now and typically around 1.5 days between feedings. They appear to be handling the feeding schedule without any issues that I can see at least. I'm planning on continuing this schedule, even if it becomes a daily procedure, until the trichome checks show that the 2 week pre-harvest flush needs to begin. I fully expect to harvest next month with the taste testing coming in March. My goal is to harvest enough to hold me over until my next harvest at the end of this year without resorting to purchasing anything locally. I figure that 6 ounces would cover it but I could get away with only 4.5 ounces. So my goal for this grow is to get 1.5-2 ounces per lady, with my previous best at just over 1 ounce per lady. What I won't be doing is rushing anything during these final stages of flowering and I'll just let the ladies have all of the time that they need to fully mature.

Those girls look great. Looks like you will be a few weeks out from chop by then they will be turkey legs!:goodjob:

Thanks Stage!

Yo Colorado,:wood:

Forgive me if i missed it in your journal, but can you share the details of Dutch Dope?
Yes the name is intriguing, but a bit of info about this strain would be niice! :slide:

Dutch Dope strain

It is a cross between a California Sativa and our Super Skunk witch gives that typical Indica Appearance.
Its very hardy inbred 10 plus years Stabilized hybrid. Big long clusters golden green at harvest.

THC Level - Up to 17%
Indica / Sativa - Indica 60% | Sativa 40%
Height indoor Up to 90 cm / 35 inch
Flowering time 8 weeks
Grow difficulty Easy to grow

Dutch Dope strain

It is a cross between a California Sativa and our Super Skunk witch gives that typical Indica Appearance.
Its very hardy inbred 10 plus years Stabilized hybrid. Big long clusters golden green at harvest.

THC Level - Up to 17%
Indica / Sativa - Indica 60% | Sativa 40%
Height indoor Up to 90 cm / 35 inch
Flowering time 8 weeks
Grow difficulty Easy to grow

:morenutes: What does it smell/taste like?
I love exotic skunks. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom