Colorado High - Soil - CFL - Super Skunk - 2013

In my case it only means I smoke a lot. :laughtwo:

Harvest Day! Finally, after nearly 5 months since I first started to germinate 6 Super Skunk seeds, I have now harvested and started drying my two ladies. This time I did a couple of things differently from my first harvest. First, I trimmed all of the non-sugar leaves from all of the buds, instead of washing them first and then trimming the buds after an initial few days of drying. For leaves which were part sugar, I cut off the non-sugar part of the leaf. I did this for two reasons, one was due to the number of burnt/dead leaves on the left lady and two because it is much more difficuly to trim fan leaves once that have partially dried and folded themselves against and into the bud itself. It worked out so well that I plan on trimming before the wash for all future harvests. An added benefit is that the buds are handled less after the wash preserving their intergrity throughout drying and curing. Second, I omitted the H2O2 portion of the bud washing process since I have no mold or pests that would require this additional step in the process.

The 3 5-gallon bucket wash setup (left 2 buckets - cold water, right bucket - hot water with baking soda & lemon juice) -

DSCN23564.JPG

The left lady awaiting her destiny -

DSCN23554.JPG

Top cola of the left lady before/after trimming -

DSCN23584.JPG

DSCN23603.JPG

The right lady awaiting her destiny -

DSCN23612.JPG

Top cola of the right lady before/after trimming -

DSCN23623.JPG

DSCN23652.JPG

The harvest hanging in my grow box to dry, the left lady is in the back -

DSCN23683.JPG

I was surprised by the root structures of the two ladies. The left lady had a larger root structure composed of multiple fine/small roots, the right lady had larger/thicker roots but fewer of them. Below is a picture showing the differences between the root structures of the two ladies, the left lady is on the left -

DSCN23673.JPG

Possibly related to the differing root structures, the coloring and texture of each lady is quite different. The left lady is a brighter green color with less frostiness. The right lady is more of an off-green/khaki-like color with very, very frosty buds. The harvest will take ~1 week to dry before I place them into curing jars with Boveda 62% Humidipaks. Two weeks after that will be the first taste and subsequent taste report.

Congrats Colorado Slim.

Back
Top Bottom