Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800W Diamond Series - Mulitple Strains - Hempy Grow

LEO Doesn't concern me, DEA might if / when a republican gets in and decides that fed law > state law.

Not to get :eek:fftopic: here, but seriously bro? Have you been following what this Democrat administration has started doing with legal medical growers and dispensaries in Colorado, California and elsewhere?

And unfortunately it's the Supreme Court that has already decided federal law trumps state law, and it was a "liberals" on the court that struck the blow to state's rights.

Lastly, I'll remind you that the only presidential candidate that might be able to fix what's wrong with the country right now is a Republican...his name is Ron Paul.

Sorry, it's just that I follow politics very closely, and the danger I see is from both sides of the isle. Government in general has too much invested in the lie that marijuana is a dangerous "gateway drug". They are scared to death that once the majority of the population realizes the government has been lying to them all these years they will then start to look around and ask "Hmm, what else has the government been lying about?"

My apologies for the off-topic rant Steve, the ladies are looking great as usual!

Not to get :eek:fftopic: here, but seriously bro? Have you been following what this Democrat administration has started doing with legal medical growers and dispensaries in Colorado, California and elsewhere?

And unfortunately it's the Supreme Court that has already decided federal law trumps state law, and it was a "liberals" on the court that struck the blow to state's rights.

Lastly, I'll remind you that the only presidential candidate that might be able to fix what's wrong with the country right now is a Republican...his name is Ron Paul.

Sorry, it's just that I follow politics very closely, and the danger I see is from both sides of the isle. Government in general has too much invested in the lie that marijuana is a dangerous "gateway drug". They are scared to death that once the majority of the population realizes the government has been lying to them all these years they will then start to look around and ask "Hmm, what else has the government been lying about?"

My apologies for the off-topic rant Steve, the ladies are looking great as usual!

I wonder if Ron Paul ever visits 420mag... If so: Ron Paul, You da man! (hes still da man if he doesnt).

Sorry again steve! But im sure we can all agree.

Advanced has the next gen (newest) lights, until GSL moves to a next gen light with single chip 3w, lenses and such I couldn't imagine them competing with a Diamond Series. I mean Advanced beat thier own light in steve's last grow DS > Extreme flower.

Pardon?

Quantum LED Grow Lights feature High Power 3W LED's, which provide substantially better results compared to 2W-2Chip and 3W-3Chip diodes.

Lets not get into brand bashing. You will notice I have never shown an ounce of "better than", between the two products in any post I have ever made. In fact I have stayed way away from any such brand bashing between the two.

Sorry we seemed to have derailed your journal a little Stevehman.

Lets get back to the grow!

Looking awesome as ever. :welldone:

Nice and frosty nice job Steve p-chunks seem to produce for ya : )

The P-Chunks and the Caramelicious both seem to be nearly bullet-proof strains. In Hydro or Hempy they are thriving. I am keeping a mom of the P-chunk and have a half-dozen carm seeds still so I may do another grow of them later.

I wonder if Ron Paul ever visits 420mag... If so: Ron Paul, You da man! (hes still da man if he doesnt).

Sorry again steve! But im sure we can all agree.

I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter. I have been for a long time, unfortunately the media ignores him for the most part and would rather focus on less experienced politicians.

Back to the journal. I'll be busy today chopping and trimming Grow 5.0. I'll get some pics up as time permits. After that chop is done I need to get started on chopping this grow.

Fratdogg,
I agree. I thought Obama said that he wasn't going to come after MMJ users, and his unleashing of the DEA is contrary to that promise. Ron Paul has been an advocate for the legalization of cannabis for a very long time and takes a lot of heat for his opinions, yet never waivers from his beliefs to appease the polls and the media. I've voted for him in the past and will again next election, even if it's as a write in candidate.

Hey SteveHman, great job here dude! Gotta say, I love my leds. First I did a couple grows with the 180 extreme flower then I picked up a 200 diamond and just consider me one happy grower! haha

so just curious, what's your thoughts on running the all red spectrum on the diamonds? I figure full spectrum is the way to go...but do you know of any benefit from perhaps running the red throughout the entire flower cycle? I've tried experimenting with running red only during the last two weeks of bloom, and even during the last few hours of each 12 hour light cycle thinking that it might either mimic the coming of fall more or the reddish skies of dusk but didn't draw any real conclusions though. so any thoughts on the red only spectrum?

anyway keep it up bro, love your journals.

I chopped the Gigabuds today. Not great compared to the girls in the hydro setup. I think they suffered from not being closer to the lights, this strain has very little stretch and the light was about 30 inches above them. I think the DS lights should be int eh 22~24 inch range.

Any way of the two plants one netted 125 and the other 24 grams wet trimmed bud, my dry weight projection is 39 grams giving me an average of 19.5 grams per plant. Compared to the average of 39 grams per plant for the hydro grow. I am hoping for a better yield next grow using air pots and changing a few things in the tent.

Here is a shot of the the trim buds (not overly impressive):
DSC_9450.JPG

The other plants are all looking much beefier in comparison, and I've moved them a bit to take advantage of the extra light now that the G-buds are out.

Big plans for the next grow already in the works. It will be part one of two. The first round in Air Pots, then I'll follow that up with an under current grow using the exact same lights and clones to see if there's a difference in yield and time to finish.

Gotta love that hydro!

I was just reading an article that suggested the difference in average yield between soil and hydro was 25% more with hydro; and, it was 50% more average yield with aero over soil.

The article also said that CO2 increased average yields by 25% with soil, 50% with hydro, and 100% with aero!

I don't know how reliable the source is, but I thought it interesting!

Hey SteveHman, great job here dude! Gotta say, I love my leds. First I did a couple grows with the 180 extreme flower then I picked up a 200 diamond and just consider me one happy grower! haha

so just curious, what's your thoughts on running the all red spectrum on the diamonds? I figure full spectrum is the way to go...but do you know of any benefit from perhaps running the red throughout the entire flower cycle? I've tried experimenting with running red only during the last two weeks of bloom, and even during the last few hours of each 12 hour light cycle thinking that it might either mimic the coming of fall more or the reddish skies of dusk but didn't draw any real conclusions though. so any thoughts on the red only spectrum?

anyway keep it up bro, love your journals.
I haven't done the full red by itself in bloom. I do use the blue though for transition from the cloner to bloom so the new girls can get acclimated to the LEDs (for the first week or so). The blue switch still has a good amount of red mixed in, the red is all red. I can do a test of the red vs. both in the future, I have a list of test grows stacking up, so not sure if I will get to that one before the end of the year.

Glad to hear your'e a happy Advanced customer, I love the lights and the support they provide.

I haven't done the full red by itself in bloom. I do use the blue though for transition from the cloner to bloom so the new girls can get acclimated to the LEDs (for the first week or so). The blue switch still has a good amount of red mixed in, the red is all red. I can do a test of the red vs. both in the future, I have a list of test grows stacking up, so not sure if I will get to that one before the end of the year.

Glad to hear your'e a happy Advanced customer, I love the lights and the support they provide.

Thanks for replying back and the tip about transitioning with the blue switch. But it's all good, I totally wasn't expecting you to do any experimenting on my part, so don't feel like you need to test this out if you don't want to or don't have the time. No worries here! I was just curious if you had any thoughts on it. Found a couple good links to read so if I find anything out I'll be sure to let you know.

Happy Growing and Good Vibes!

A quick update on my clone project. I took these cuttings last week, just using coco coir/perlite mix, weak nutes/Olivia's and clonex gel. A week later not a single yellow leaf or a wilted cutting. I don't have any roots poking out of the bottom yet but I think that will be soon. I will be putting 4~5 each of the Heavy Duty Fruity and the Ultimate into air pots for the next grow which should start at the end of the month. It will be a grow to maximize yield, four weeks of veg, FIM then LST to spread out the canopy. I will be using the BPN Nutes. I will be doing all three of Corey's lines: 2-part, 3-part and organic. I'll have about 1,000 watts in the tent and am looking to do more than 1gpw as a finish.

DSCN01965.JPG

I still love my ezcloner, I just wanted to try something different. Cloning is much easier than most people think. If you haven't tried it yet, you have nothing to lose really and you can do it on the cheap (all of the parts for this test run were less than $20--for 72 clones!).

I've done clones like that since the mid 80's. Super easy and cheap. No pumps or timers needed. I uses some Maxicrop seaweed for a soak before "planting" the clone. Don't use any clonex or Olivia's. I use sterile "seed starting mix" for medium. Should be rooted in 12 days or so. Out of 72 clones, you may lose one or 2 max.

I've done clones like that since the mid 80's. Super easy and cheap. No pumps or timers needed. I uses some Maxicrop seaweed for a soak before "planting" the clone. Don't use any clonex or Olivia's. I use sterile "seed starting mix" for medium. Should be rooted in 12 days or so. Out of 72 clones, you may lose one or 2 max.
Cloning is so much easier than most people think, I am surprised at how many are afraid to give it a shot. Before I started growing I thought it was some type of voodoo magic (well not really), once I tried it I thought "is that it, can it really be this easy?"

I think I may have 100% out of this run, although in the ezcloner I have roots in 5 days usually and new growth in a week. But this is a low stress, low cost and low tech solution and I am not in a time crunch to get them rooted.

not only that, you stick out like a sore thumb with bills like that. So much for stealth.

Id like to add that power company employees also get bonuses for tips leading to the infiltration of grow ops.

Looking sticky icky stevo!

Just a side note - Ron Paul will never win the presidency - aaand Obama did do some under handed sht, but you have to play the game to win. He cant touch the decriminalization debate/topic till after he wins his second term which should be pretty easy. All I know is Obama is a smart man and I said it first here, he will decriminalize pot federally in his second term along with balancing the budget.

Gave the girls their last watering today, straight RO water, nothing else. Just a little quick flush before I chop. I am chopping the P-chunk and the Twilight tomorrow or Wednesday depending on time. Everything in the tent looks frosty, to the point of being ridiculous. I will get some updated pics tonight.

Also the clones in my cheap cloning project look like they'll all root. 100% on 72 cutting in coco coir/perlite. I'll post some pics of them as well.

I'm looking forward to getting the next grow under way. This one was just to see what I could do with my mistreated moms. They had all led a life of abuse and neglect and then were thrown in to 12/12 to test out my new tent.

The next grow is going to be for max-yield. I will be using four Diamond Series lights in the tent for an even coverage and better penetration. 2 each of the 200 and 300 units, for a total of 1,000 watts. Yeah baby (sorry, just watched Austin Powers)!

Back
Top Bottom