SteveHman's Advanced LED Diamond Series - Lucy & Sage - Grow 6.0 - NFT

Lucy, I hear alot of people growing it. Hey looks like she did good for ya. Could ya let me know if you wood call it 'Top Shelf'? I'm looking for a good turn over plant to split with some Vantage I got going. Good plant for a flip, Vantage. Fast and potent. Max 49 day plant.
Keepem Green
I ordered Vantage and Lucy seed with others. These will have to surpass Pineapple Express, which always looks done @42 days, but gets an extra week to be sure. Odor, appearance, and impact are all top shelf. PE sets my bar, though I don't smoke it often. I prefer a body-whack indica over a crazyhorse kick to the head.

I ordered Vantage and Lucy seed with others. These will have to surpass Pineapple Express, which always looks done @42 days, but gets an extra week to be sure. Odor, appearance, and impact are all top shelf. PE sets my bar, though I don't smoke it often. I prefer a body-whack indica over a crazyhorse kick to the head.

I agree 420%, Propa! I LOVE that PE! :love:

The PE definately has the bag appeal. The smell and trich coverage are pretty tough to beat and the effects are definately top-shelf. Plus, the fruity smell & flavor of those buds when broken up are simply delicious! :yummy:

But, there's something about that Lucy...more of a lemon/pine smell that's much more subdued than the PE, and the smoke is real smoothe. The buds are not as compact as the PE's, and boy, does it get you stoned! High THC content (24%) but packs a "happy" and functional high that's really enjoyable.

I'm growing both PE and Lucy now, with no inention of replacing either....well...not until I find something better, but they are my two favorite strains, for now! :)

Plus, I like having the variety!

While I'm waiting for the buds to dry, here's a sneak-peek at the next grow.

The first thing I did was re-build the top of the chamber. I removed the top and placed in some rails that will support 2x2 squares of plywood that are the light supports. I did this to place the lights on the "outside" of the box. This should help keep the heat down as we get into warmer months (remember the chamber is in an attic space, but draws fresh air from inside the house).

Here's a shot of the top with the Advanced Diamond Series 200s:
DSCN05183.JPG

Making the squares 2x2 allow me to add to. or modify the lighting (maybe I can try a pair of 300s for example). Here's what they look like from inside the box:
DSCN05193.JPG

I also added a piece of PVC that will feed the system from the back. It is controlled by a ball valve on the manifold that was initially there as a bypass. I've noticed the back two plants always struggled compared to the rest and their roots were never as healthy. I think that the laser lines don't supply enough on their own to get large plants on the back sites. The pipe will allow me to have a good flow of nutes through the NFT and the laser lines will be hitting the top of the NFT supplying a bit of O2.

Here's a shot of a full run of Burmese Kush clones. Just put them in 30 minutes ago. I will give them 24 hours of light under the blue switch (half power on the DS lights) and then will flip them to 12-12 next week.
DSCN05213.JPG

I know I said I wouldn't veg again, but I've noticed that BuKu likes to stay short anyway, I want to give them a chance to develop tops were they were FIM'd before I flip them.

I'll be doing a single journal next round and will be focusing on the tent. The grow-box will make an occasional appearance in that journal, but keeping more than one and trying to keep up with Mod duties is not an easy task.

I still need to get the number posted on this grow as far as all of the metrics, once I do that I will close this out and start the next journal.

Thanks to everyone that was following this one.:thanks:

Love the set up. Nice clean easy setup. I hear ya about vegging a minute or two after ya topped. I've sure grown afew strange buds from plants that were topped out and put to flower right after. Looks good tho Dude I'll look back in abit,,,
Keepem Green

Those were some impressive buds, but damn it took two panels per area, and they look like big, expensive panels.
No LED buds there yet, those at the beginning are under his old HPS 1000s. Anyway, I haven't yet seen any bargain gardens with high tech lights.

Back
Top Bottom