SteveHman's Grow 7.0. Advanced LED - Multiple Strains

They look awesome Steve! :thumb:

The Lucy is on my short list of genetics I WILL be obtaining. :grinjoint:

I'm curious if you have any opinion on Pineapple Chunk vs. Pineapple Express? I've heard good things about both, and I'm trying to figure out how they might stack up against each other...

:Namaste:

Hi SteveHman :Namaste:

Considering your busy schedule the girls look good. Well, you did learn how some love the nutes and some didn't.
I would be proud to have them in my garden. Nice pics too! Wish you had time for some rest Buddy!
:cheer:

That's strange about lucy. :smokin:

Thanks OMM. I need to get a few days of rest and make my rounds to other journals. I am almost afraid to go to yours since I will have 50 pages to catch up on :laughtwo:.

I think the issue with teh Lucy (at least my grow) was the buds weren't super dense and "nuggy". The smell, tast and effects were spot-on, but it seems that "bag-appeal" carries more weight now than actual quality. It's a shame. I will see if I can get her to dense up next round.
They look awesome Steve! :thumb:

The Lucy is on my short list of genetics I WILL be obtaining. :grinjoint:

I'm curious if you have any opinion on Pineapple Chunk vs. Pineapple Express? I've heard good things about both, and I'm trying to figure out how they might stack up against each other...

Haven't tried the Express, but if it's anything like the Chunk I would give it a try.

They make power expansion modules that you plug your 240v appliance into, and then you plug the module into a 240v receptacle. Then you plug the 120v "trigger" wire into the receptacle on the environmental controller...when the environmental controller turns on, the power expansion module switches on the 240v appliance.

Search for PXM-2, HPH-4, HPH-8, and HAC30A to see which one might suit your needs.

Thank you for this vapedogg !!!

Despite my 2 hours googling, i didn't come up with this .... !!!! lol

So I need 3-4 pxm-2 to get the job done:
1 for Rvk fan and dehumidifier (set to hum. Inlet)
1 for aircondition
1 for co2

Steve , your girls look fantastic !!!!
I love the pics of buku , looking forward for yield/smoke test !!

This will be definitely in top of my list !!!

Steve (and everyone else), how long your co2 bottle (20lb ??) lasts ?
I'm asking because i've read a ton of diffrent answers on this (considering same setup, controller-bottle), from one week to a month !!!
And no continues vent !!! ( most of them)
I 've also read, you refill the bottle from 20$ to 50$ ! (same size, 20lb)
What's your opinion ??

And a personal question :
Do you think it will be an excess of using a generator, something like this hydrogen pro water cooled ?
They say is a very cheap method of producing co2 for the ladies, but from the other side, "too much hassle" just for a 4x4 tent ? :(

I would love to hear your opinion on this !!

(Sorry if I hijicking your thread, I promise I won't do it again..!!! ) lol
:)

Steve (and everyone else), how long your co2 bottle (20lb ??) lasts ?
I'm asking because i've read a ton of diffrent answers on this (considering same setup, controller-bottle), from one week to a month !!!
And no continues vent !!! ( most of them)
I 've also read, you refill the bottle from 20$ to 50$ ! (same size, 20lb)
What's your opinion ??

And a personal question :
Do you think it will be an excess of using a generator, something like this hydrogen pro water cooled ?
They say is a very cheap method of producing co2 for the ladies, but from the other side, "too much hassle" just for a 4x4 tent ? :(

I would love to hear your opinion on this !!

(Sorry if I hijicking your thread, I promise I won't do it again..!!! ) lol
:)
My 20 lb last more than an entire grow, you can hit the target PPM pretty quick in a 4x4 tent. I pay $20 for a fill up at the hydro store, so it is pretty cost effective compared to the generators.

Either way you go there is a cost to get the equipment, a timer and a control valve or a generator. Both require the replenishment of consumables (CO2 or propane). The water cooled generator is going to add a lot of CO2 very fast and will only be running a short time for each cycle so the actual cooling of the exchange water should be a non-issue. I would forego the generator though, I think it is more suited to nothing less than an 8x8 space. If you want to find a good unit though, check one of the major online retailer sites and search for a "propane water heater" or "camp water heater" they will run about $120.

If a co2 20lb bottle is enough for an entire grow, I see NO reason at all to go to such a hassle of passing pipes with water, valves, tanks chillers, into my room just to save a couple of pennies !!!! lol
I seriously thought (from what I ve read) that you need a refill, every two weeks or something !!!!

Considering that I'm going to follow exactly the same set up (sentinel-regulator) and considering I won't have dramatic diffrence in climate as well (heat-humid), I ll be more than happy to Keep it simple !!!
...as for heaters, yeah, I ve read it as well someware, but I admit , I'm afraid a lot of having an open flame in my tent , I won't be able to sleep I'm sure on this ..... lol

Thank you very much for your help, Steve !!!
And thanks to everyone in this "reference" awesome , place !!!

If a co2 20lb bottle is enough for an entire grow, I see NO reason at all to go to such a hassle of passing pipes with water, valves, tanks chillers, into my room just to save a couple of pennies !!!! lol
I seriously thought (from what I ve read) that you need a refill, every two weeks or something !!!!

Considering that I'm going to follow exactly the same set up (sentinel-regulator) and considering I won't have dramatic diffrence in climate as well (heat-humid), I ll be more than happy to Keep it simple !!!
...as for heaters, yeah, I ve read it as well someware, but I admit , I'm afraid a lot of having an open flame in my tent , I won't be able to sleep I'm sure on this ..... lol

Thank you very much for your help, Steve !!!
And thanks to everyone in this "reference" awesome , place !!!

Not to butt in... (as I butt in :)) but Green Air Products has air cooled models that only require a 4" duct (or ducts, depending on the model) and fan. You'd still need to get fuel to it of course, so it's still more of a hassle to set up than a tank...I just wasn't sure if you looked at the the air cooled ones or not.

Wow love your grow journals! Hope to hear the results of this grow soon since this post is 2 months later? Your Journals made me get one of Advanced LED diamond 800W led. So far i love it! Waiting on my new 6 pot flood and drain system and new 7x7 grow tent. So hope in the next few months to start my own Youtube journal and journal on here with the 800w. Do you think my 800w will be fine with 6 plants untill i can get a few 400's? After i can save some $ ill be expanding to a 12 plant grow with 3 to 4 400's and my 800w with those or just use the 800w for my mother tent or make a veg tent or something. Not sure yet only my second grow coming up. Any tips or advice i would love! later all...

That sucks...I've been so busy myself I didn't realize it had been so long.

I hope all is well bro...

Sorry for the long absence. To say I have been busy would be a massive understatement. Between work, family and other things I have had zero free time to do anything. I haven't even had time to get a new grow going. I have just been nursing the moms along so that when I get some clear space in my schedule I can get things going quickly. I have only been able to spend about 15 minutes twice a week in just maintaining the moms (water, prune etc....).

The last grows were very productive, but I honestly don't recall the final numbers. I only kept buds that were the size of a quarter or better and everything else went into the trim/shake box to be turned into canna-butter for edibles (when I have the time to get around to that).

I am hoping to get a new journal started soon so that I can do a test with the new Advanced LED. I have a buddy that wants to do a side-by-side with an HPS, so that may be in the works as well. I'll keep everyone posted once I get it started.

I am going to try to make the rounds to some other journals but not sure how many I will get to. My time has been very limited lately and 420 is kind of like eating potato chips, once I start, its hard to stop.

:420:

Sorry for the long absence. To say I have been busy would be a massive understatement. Between work, family and other things I have had zero free time to do anything. I haven't even had time to get a new grow going. I have just been nursing the moms along so that when I get some clear space in my schedule I can get things going quickly. I have only been able to spend about 15 minutes twice a week in just maintaining the moms (water, prune etc....).

The last grows were very productive, but I honestly don't recall the final numbers. I only kept buds that were the size of a quarter or better and everything else went into the trim/shake box to be turned into canna-butter for edibles (when I have the time to get around to that).

I am hoping to get a new journal started soon so that I can do a test with the new Advanced LED. I have a buddy that wants to do a side-by-side with an HPS, so that may be in the works as well. I'll keep everyone posted once I get it started.

I am going to try to make the rounds to some other journals but not sure how many I will get to. My time has been very limited lately and 420 is kind of like eating potato chips, once I start, its hard to stop.

:420:

Well, cool Buddy! I was worried about you along with many others. Glad to know you are busy, but OK.
I have some Advanced LEDs now and am doing a comparison grow right now, like you menthioned. I'm sure yours would be much better if you had the time. Take care. OMM
:high-five:

Just read all your grow journels and id just like to say there amazin +reps if i can

Thanks! I like to journal when time permits and I try to provide as much detailed information as I can. It does take up a lot of my time and I haven't had any of that of late. I am hoping to get another grow and journal going soon though.

I am new to growing, and I am actually mainly doing research on a new product I am trying to develop to making growing more easily monitorable, controlable and recordable. (i'll let you know when I need someone like you to test it ;)

But a question I had on trimming was, once the buds start flowering out real big and get moist, why aren't the leaves trimmed off?

Fresh

Back
Top Bottom