Hunter's Perpetual - HPS - Multiple Strain Extravaganza!

14 tops sounds pretty decent. Once they fill in I bet you start showing her more love :)

Hehe i agree. I should have took a picture before and after so you could see what I was talking about. A lot of horizonal growth instead of verticle on the side branches.. it was weird and i didnt like it. I have them tied up to the net all even now and hope thats all I have to do the rest of the grow.

P.S. just checked the left closet with lights on and WOW... You guys are gonna be surprised when I do a pic update this week!

I tell ya! This left closet is looking beautiful! I tied up some colas and cut some that never made it to the net. The ones I cut were smaller side branches. No more of those little colas that get stuck under the net and never do anything. Cutting them off! I have some nice tops on this girl! I trimmed up some of the buds I cut out and they look great! Especially for 24 days LOL...

24 days would make some killer butter my friend!

Harsh as it seems, you did the right thing on chopping the little ones. If they ain't at the front of the race, they ain't needing to be there :):)

Good luck buddy!

Hey Mono! Welcome! And you are 100% correct! If they are not up there with the others at the light from now own they will be cut before flower! I guess i just hope they push through and catch up but that never happens =(... Oh well! Thanks again and hope you follow along!

Update time! Right closet (around 20 days!)
Ok everyone! Time for an update! This is the right closet and the girl that I switched to flower last. Her stretch is over and she is starting to stack on the weight! This is my favorite part! I love seeing monster colas form! Its crazy looking back at a few days into flower and to see how much she has grew... Shes almost 6 foot tall and stretched half that in just 2 weeks. She has now recovered from when i cut those side branches off and has directed her energy straight to the 15 tops. They will explode over the next 4 weeks! Cant wait.

Here she is! If you see some discoloration its because she has mild bleaching or wind burn from the fans. Coming up on 3 weeks!

0614011.jpg
0614021.jpg
0614031.jpg
0614041.jpg
0614051.jpg

still looking good am working on taking pics to post of how mine are doing

Really nice, I'm going to do more trimming on my next plants.

Thanks COgrower! Yes, as far as trimming those colas or side branching that wont do much i really like doing. I leave all the fan leaves though.. Ive had really good results by keeping them all on. You will see in my update below on the left closet there is still some side branching that I left and thats kinda below the net... I dont want to stress her at this point so im just going to leave it. This will be a pretty good side by side comparison for me to see if I can achieve bigger buds with just the main colas which im sure I can. We will see!

still looking good am working on taking pics to post of how mine are doing
Awesome! Cant wait to see the pics. Im ready for you to start flowering some of your girls!

Right Closet Update! 27 days flowering

Ok everyone i did a right closet update earlier today so i figured i would do a left closet now! Whew these buds are getting so big for the time line... 27 days!!! (i hope im not off a week but possible) I sure hope she surprises everyone around week 6-8! Like i mentioned there is some side branching with colas that i left on this plant.. I will see how it does. With my LSD 1 plant grow it did great because it had its own 600 watt... so we will see how developed the buds get. This closet is packed for only one plant!!! These buds are already sooooo frosty. I love this strain.

061501.jpg
061502.jpg
061503.jpg
061504.jpg

Awesome update HunterNitro, your girls are getting big. I'll bet your happy you decided to go with the one big plant per side. It's starting to look a lot like that guy that grows with Rockwool cubes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Check your PM.

The right closet is in beast mode. Left closet looks pretty good for 20 days. I bet it has something to do with the size of your plants. Bigger plants = bigger buds.

Looking great + reps :thumb:

Thanks Scarfinger! You know, your statement is very true! The funny thing is, that the 3 plants I have grown under a 600 watt by themselves have all completely exploded and grew to 6 feet.... I believe it has something to do with getting more light. I actually wanted to keep these a little smaller but the light would not let it... I flowered the single plant grows at the same time as my two plant grows and the single plants doubled size of the two plant scrogs. It has be they are getting more light and just take off. I hope these two grow some monster buds! We will see!

Awesome update HunterNitro, your girls are getting big. I'll bet your happy you decided to go with the one big plant per side. It's starting to look a lot like that guy that grows with Rockwool cubes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Check your PM.

Yes i dont think i will ever grow two plant with a 600 again... theres no need. As i say, i will produce the same if not more with just one plant. The buds will be 5 times bigger and the quality is superb... And not a lot of trimming!!!!!! hehe. Although I enjoy every minute of trimming my beautiful medicine, i rather cut that time down. It gets hectic trimming for two days 4+ hours at a time.

Great man! :D

Thanks Koqstorm! Stick around. I hope to show everyone some leg sized colas! =)

Update Right closet 25 days!

All i can say is WOW for this girl. Im so glad i cut all the other side branching off. These colas are having MASSIVE growth!!!! I will do a 5 day comparison down below. If you look in todays picture you will see some heat stress on the leaves. I have installed a new carbon filter and fan so each room has its own 440 CFM fan and filter now. My temps are now stable!

061901.jpg
061902.jpg
061903.jpg

Now this is the photo from 5 days ago
0614031.jpg

Now this is the photo today
061901.jpg

They sure are filling out great!!!

Very nice and looking superb. Nice catch on the heat stress.

:goodjob:

Thanks man! Yea its been a issues thats why i already had the fan and filter. Its working good now! Im ready to get these two cleaned out and im going to redo my closets a little.

Overstanding swelling is happening indeed! They are "so early" in flowering but they huge already! What are you boosting them with?

Keep it going bro!
:Namaste:

Yes they are early! Thats why im going to stick to the one plant per 600 watt. Hopefully accomplish monster buds!
My nute lineup is:
Botanicare KIND line (base, grow, bloom), GH FloraGrow, FloraMicro, FloraBloom, GH Kool Bloom, GH Floralicious Plus, GH Maxi Bloom (powder)

Thanks everyone!

Edit to add: I think the liquid KoolBloom really does the trick. The floralicious really adds to the oils, creating amazing smell and flavor.

Left closet! 33 days!

WOW! This girl is stacking on the weight... let me tell ya! This is the oldest of the two in flower and shes beautiful! Figured I would do a quick update for everyone! Check out her massive colas for just 4.5 weeks! This girl has a good 4.5 weeks left. I cant wait to see what she can do between 6-8!

Also for coming up grows!! I purchased two 27 gallon totes just like GTJ uses for his capt'n style. I dont know the gallon he uses but they are the same type and mine are 27 gallon. I want the big ones so if I go away for a week they will be ok. And plus who wants to change reservoirs often!?!?!? pshhh not me! So we will be doing Capt'n style soon! Just perfect for my new beans I got from herbies! Ill post up some strains after this grow and let you guys do some voting on what to run! Cant wait! (I have over 10 NEW strains!)

Ok her she is! Left closet. A little heat stress but no biggie... Im use to it with these 600's because I run them so close especially in later flower. I did my 500 ppm nitrogen watering tonight since it was the off water night. Bring a little color back in them for the rest of the grow. Thanks everyone!
:thumb:

062001.jpg
062002.jpg
062006.jpg
062003.jpg
062004.jpg
062005.jpg

They just keep swelling like balloons!!! :jawdropper:

Congratulations!

Ok so let me get this straight about blooming nutes:

Bloom Base Nutes
Kool Bloom - PK and Bloom Booster (vitamins and transporters)
Maxi Bloom - More Bloom Base Nutes but in higher concentration??
Floralicious - Mineral, Microbial and Kelp extracts that ferment and create uptakable stimulators and micro-elements. IS THIS SLIMY or GOOEY in any way?
I need to know this since Rhizotonic, which is a slimy natural root stimulator, messed my roots once because it created "globs" that got trapped in the root area) Also Floralicious being "organic", if it has any microbial life in it, I'll be afraid of using it as I know how much more risky it is to run an "organic Hydro system".

Mind me asking, are you planning to use "sugars" later on, or did you just decide not to use them at all?

Outstanding update HunterNitro, Your going to have some large colas. Congratulations.

Question: I know your getting ready to setup the Capn style grow, would you mind putting in the way you setup the reservoir, pump, feeders, halos and anything else you are doing? Also would you mind showing from the start seeds germinating, the Rockwool cube, the little cubes for the pots, pot sizes, when and why you are transplanting for root growth? You see where I'm going with this? Most people don't know what Capn style is so you can educate them and show just how big a plant can get when you grow hydro.

They just keep swelling like balloons!!! :jawdropper:

Congratulations!

Ok so let me get this straight about blooming nutes:

Bloom Base Nutes
Kool Bloom - PK and Bloom Booster (vitamins and transporters)
Maxi Bloom - More Bloom Base Nutes but in higher concentration??
Floralicious - Mineral, Microbial and Kelp extracts that ferment and create uptakable stimulators and micro-elements. IS THIS SLIMY or GOOEY in any way?
I need to know this since Rhizotonic, which is a slimy natural root stimulator, messed my roots once because it created "globs" that got trapped in the root area) Also Floralicious being "organic", if it has any microbial life in it, I'll be afraid of using it as I know how much more risky it is to run an "organic Hydro system".

Mind me asking, are you planning to use "sugars" later on, or did you just decide not to use them at all?

I am mostly using the Botanicare KIND line and the GH Flora series for my main nutrient lineup. The suppliments are the Floralicious which is a super concentrated enhancer for taste and smell and the KoolBloom which is a bulking agent. The Maxi bloom is a powdered based nutrient lineup that you mix with water(can be used just by itself through flower). I mainly bought the Maxi bloom for cheaper nutrients to use here and there and also for my veggie garden if they needed a boost.

I usually use the GH Flora series and add some of the KIND line to my regiment if my plants are lacking something. For example I gave my girl a nitrogen watering of the KIND line on the off feed day. I like to do this when about 4 weeks into flower to put the color back in my girls to finish up.

The Floralicious is a very thick, concentrated product. It is not gooey at all and can be used for DWC. You only mix one mL per gallon so you wont use that much of it. When i put it in my watering jugs I can shake to mix it and no foam or anything comes from it. I would say you would be safe to use it from what I see. I know I will be using it for my Capt'n style grows.

As far as sugars you referring to, do you mean carbohydrates for the plant? A few grows back I used Botanicare RAW Sweet with good success. This grow I will be sticking to just what I have though.

Outstanding update HunterNitro, Your going to have some large colas. Congratulations.

Question: I know your getting ready to setup the Capn style grow, would you mind putting in the way you setup the reservoir, pump, feeders, halos and anything else you are doing? Also would you mind showing from the start seeds germinating, the Rockwool cube, the little cubes for the pots, pot sizes, when and why you are transplanting for root growth? You see where I'm going with this? Most people don't know what Capn style is so you can educate them and show just how big a plant can get when you grow hydro.

Sure RSOiler! Ill try and keep track of the things I do and take some pics as I go. The bigger rockwool cubes will be new to me and daily waterings through veg. Thats ok though! We will get through it. The biggest decision I will have to make on my capt'n style grow is how many tops I want and how I want to do them. Ill keep everyone updated!!!

Back
Top Bottom