SteveHman's Advanced LED Diamond Series - Lucy & Sage - Grow 6.0 - NFT

You should tell him to follow the directions from BPN website chart and not whats on the bottles. I have the 2part also and the instructions were different. I really like the 2part but I think its best with systems that don't use alot of water. I am very happy with the 3 part too and I am using that with a sog grow. 3 part seems more suited for larger reservoir systems but the 2 part might be the better nute.
I very much agree with KISS, keep it simple stupid, its one of the reasons I started journaling again. I had to go back and relearn the basics multiple times, guess I got a lil stupidity in me. There are so many things I want to try but I really don't want anymore bad harvests again, it makes it difficult to experiment after good grow regiments have already been aquired.
What have you heard about the bushmaster? I have used it on and off for 2 to 3 years and can tell ya through experience of at least 8 plus grows. Alot of big pros and cons with bushmaster, its definately not made for the novice, the directions on bottle to use are total bullshit, all you need is 1 to 2 ml per gal of water with no nutes for 2 days. The stuff severely stresses the plant and can cause alot of damage the longer its used. It only needs to be used once per grow. It really stops stretch and puts them straight to flower, the results can easily be seen in one week. It would be great for a grower with severe height restrictions. Here' the worst con, I swear the plant is not as potent as it should be and it seems to lower or shorten trichomes. The pot still hits well and taste good but some strains I grew before that were one hit wonders seemed weaker when I grew again with bushmaster but its still strong pot. I don't use the stuff often because bushmaster is what I call a double edge sword of a product. This is just all my opinian based on my experience and I think the snowstorm and the gravity are worthless unless you like problems exploding in your reservoir.
Steve, I don't just spew out stuff I learn from just reading it in a book or on the comp. I like trying the hard way through experience of success and failure so its hard for me to learn from others unless they can back it up and alot of times it peaks my curiosity and just makes me want to try it. Its why I get so interested in some of your grows, it makes me want to buy LEDs. I should be downsizing in about another year and this is when I might give them a shot. Thanks for doing what you do bro.
:thanks:

Mr. Smith, I've heard the BushMaster does EXACTLY what it claims it will do, but it contains chemicals that are known health risks to humans. There's quite a bit of info on it...I'll see if I can scrape some up for you!

Racefan tells it straight, I hope he is well.
Glad I didn't buy BM, back when I saw some in my local hydro store.

Agreed 420%! :Namaste:

I just PM'd Mr. Smith an article on Plant Growth Regulators (PGR's) that confirms the reason BM was pulled was for the PCZ. If anyone is interested in the article, you can PM me.

nice!

hey was wondering what you use to raise/lower the solution level in the root chamber?
Here is how I control the level in the NFT:
DSCN03027.JPG
DSCN03036.JPG

They're just PVC slip on couplings. I have a few cut to different heights and just swap them out when I want to raise/lower the nutrients. If I don't use one at all the level is about 1/2 an inch.

Thank you Mr. Krip. I had no ideal there was any info like that. It makes sense, how can a product be so strong that it effects the plant immediately with just a short time usage with a really small amount of product. This info makes me glad I became more active in the forums again. Looks like my use of this product has come to a end.

I haven't seen Racefan for sometime, we were pretty close back when I was a growmod. I took a big liking to him because of his knowledge and experience plus he was very good at talking to the members. I even made him a growmod for a short while but had to move him to growsupport back when that project was active. He has always been the type of member that would come and go because longterm exposer to the forums becomes dull and you need to take breaks. Same reason why I dissapear for weeks to months at a time. This type of info was something he was very good at finding. Since my user name change I haven't been very good in keeping in contact with him, thank you for bringing up the name, I am going to have to shoot him a message for when he comes back. He was a OG refugee, that kinda tells how long he has been playing in the pot forums and his info is normally pretty solid.

I KNEW IT! MR. SMITH, thanks for confirming what i've thought about bush master, for quite a while. i knew it eroded quality & nobody believed me. i used to use it on my personal (small) grows & it was never the same as when i didn't. (taste, smell, potency) i knew it wasn't my imagination!

Here is a link to bushmaster MSDS:

https://www.sunlightsupply.com/docs/Emerald Triangle/BushMaster MSDS.pdf

There is nothing that dangerous on here.

Sunlight supply supplies most grow shops and online shops. I have even received packages with their name drop shipped from other suppliers.

I think the product with PCZ is Bonzai.

Much more scary to me are the no pest strips, there is some evidence that the chemical is an endocrine disruptor similar to BPA in effect.

Here is a link to bushmaster MSDS:

https://www.sunlightsupply.com/docs/Emerald Triangle/BushMaster MSDS.pdf

There is nothing that dangerous on here.

Sunlight supply supplies most grow shops and online shops. I have even received packages with their name drop shipped from other suppliers.

I think the product with PCZ is Bonzai.

Much more scary to me are the no pest strips, there is some evidence that the chemical is an endocrine disruptor similar to BPA in effect.

Maer is 420% correct that PCZ is not listed on the BushMaster MSDS.

The issue is that the California Dept. of Agriculture did a "Specialty Fertilizer Report" and their lab tests found 271PPM of PCZ in their sample, so it was banned from sale in CA, but it is still available over the Internet and in other states who may not have conducted their own tests, or have different guidelines.

These types of PGR's (Plant Growth Restrictors) are often used in plants NOT intended for consuption, and I know growers who are aware of the issue and continue to use BushMaster. But, I personally, would not want any of that stuff in ANY meds I'm using for personal use, and, although I don't supply anyone but myself, I definately wouldn't feel right putting it on buds I'm gonna give to others, either.

Just my humble opinion! :Namaste:

Maer is 420% correct that PCZ is not listed on the BushMaster MSDS.

The issue is that the California Dept. of Agriculture did a "Specialty Fertilizer Report" and their lab tests found 271PPM of PCZ in their sample, so it was banned from sale in CA, but it is still available over the Internet and in other states who may not have conducted their own tests, or have different guidelines.

These types of PGR's (Plant Growth Restrictors) are often used in plants NOT intended for consuption, and I know growers who are aware of the issue and continue to use BushMaster. But, I personally, would not want any of that stuff in ANY meds I'm using for personal use, and, although I don't supply anyone but myself, I definately wouldn't feel right putting it on buds I'm gonna give to others, either.

Just my humble opinion! :Namaste:

I'm with Mr. Krip on this one. I won't use anything that is even somewhat suspect. I have found that following the basic requirements of the plants has been pretty productive for me. I think starting off with good genetics and a good nutrient regime is all you need to grow some top-shelf meds. I have been tempted to use SSU, Purple Maxx and Gravity but have decided to stay with the basics and have been quite satisfied with my results. These may all be "safe" to use, but I don't know that for sure and provide meds to others so won't add anything that isn't 100% safe for crops intended for human consumption.

I went through on Friday and did some trimming ala Mr. Smith and 420fied. I trimmed a bunch of bigger fan leaves out of the way and cleaned everything up a bit. Here are the pics of them this morning:
DSCN03049.JPG
DSCN03068.JPG
DSCN03084.JPG

I'll update the number for the nutes later today. I haven't taken any reading since Friday, the holidays are kicking my ass.

I posted this on my other journal, pardon me for the double-post. I thought the info was good enough to post in both places since each journal may have it's own following:

I did a quick spreadsheet to model the results of going veg vs. no-veg. It gives me a better idea of what it costs to grow in terms of electricity, nutes and time:
No_veg.PNG
4weeks_veg.PNG
No_veg.PNG
4weeks_veg.PNG

I used the basic assumptions for both models, using the same strain and lights and total wattage for the systems. Actual numbers will vary and skew the results a bit. I also used a rough estimate of what I expect from my no-veg yield based on my past grows. I used 600 grams as the yield of the no-veg grow and 900 for the grow with four weeks of veg time.

I also made the assumption that the plants would use the same feeding schedule for both grows. Although this feeding schedule is more for my NFT system where I do a 1/2 res change every 14 days and top up with a 5 gal mix every other week. For the full veg cycle I would have to grow in pots because the NFT system would not be ideal for large bushy plants.

If these number are close (I know I can do the 600 grams for sure, I used an estimate for the 900 with veg), then it makes no sense at all to veg--ever (unless of course you have plant limits, and follow them).

Stevehman, what's your height limitation? Looking above I see wood rails across the top at about 32" with your plants at almost 24".

Stevehman, what's your height limitation? Looking above I see wood rails across the top at about 32" with your plants at almost 24".
24 is my target height, I am hoping these are done with their stretch. But most likely they have another week. I may have to super-crop a few to keep them low. This is what I get from not following my own recipe, I let them veg for 10 days and look at the mess it got me in. Straight 12/12 from cloner from here on out.

You're a genius bro. Don't try to deny it: You're THE MAN when it comes to journals. I've been following along for a few grows now and it doesn't get much better than this. My hat's off to you sir!

24 is my target height, I am hoping these are done with their stretch. But most likely they have another week. I may have to super-crop a few to keep them low. This is what I get from not following my own recipe, I let them veg for 10 days and look at the mess it got me in. Straight 12/12 from cloner from here on out.

Isn't today day 15? You still have over a week's worth of stretch, almost 2 by my count.

Back
Top Bottom