SteveHman's Advanced LED Diamond Series - Lucy & Sage - Grow 6.0 - NFT

Thank you very much for all the advice. I started the thread, just going slow being first time and really just looking for feedback to help my growing skills grow.:Namaste:
Kola,
Send us a link to the thread so we can jump on there and see what's shaking.

How do you feel about the long term performance of your Air Hog air stone? I have flexible bubble wands that are now dead after 3 months and need to be replaced, thinking about that one but it is $60! and want to make sure it will last.

The one I bought was $45 (my hydro does price matching). I love it so far. I have gone through several of the cheaper aquarium stones and this thing pumps out micro-fine bubbles and hasn't clogged after 8 months+ I just make sure to give it a soak in H2O2 and water between grows and it is still performing like a champ.

Day 7 in 12/12:
These girls are starting to fill in the space and stretch. The Sage is actually catching up to the Lucy. I had a fear that Lucy would dominate the space but it looks like it is going to even out. I did a partial nute change on Friday last week and started them on the transition blend. I am out of Uncle John's so I will have to run to the hydro shop to pick some more up today.

The numbers are staying pretty constant. This is the first time I checked them since Friday. I think that once you have this type of system down and you get in in balance it is almost autopilot.

pH: 5.7
Res temp: 67
PPM: 1120
RH: 49%
Temp-lights on: 75
Temp-lights off: 70

Running the lights at night helps keep the temps steady. Since this is in an attic space it gets cold at night, in the mid 50s, so the lights keep it warm and then during daylight hours it only gets into the low 70s during the day. The nutes in the NFT tubes keep the chamber at a pretty constant temp with the lights off.

You can see how fast the Sage caught up to Lucy:
DSCN02788.JPG
DSCN02764.JPG

I'll be giving them a small trim this week to remove the lower fan leaves and small branches. I'll post a pic of their first haircut after I finish that up.

Geez, they're on roids, im definitely gonna use my waterfarm with the tent grow. I should have bought some indica seeds since i basically quit toking just had a toke right now and all jittery with nothing to do, sativas i tell you. The two i got started got about 4 sets of leaves, i was wondering (even tho different but not) with your clones you go straight to flower, should i just start mine on flower now and replant in 3 gal geo pot??? I really don't want them getting too big, since i'm gonna throw them outdoors anyways and wanna be :passitleft::hmmmm:.

Geez, they're on roids, im definitely gonna use my waterfarm with the tent grow. I should have bought some indica seeds since i basically quit toking just had a toke right now and all jittery with nothing to do, sativas i tell you. The two i got started got about 4 sets of leaves, i was wondering (even tho different but not) with your clones you go straight to flower, should i just start mine on flower now and replant in 3 gal geo pot??? I really don't want them getting too big, since i'm gonna throw them outdoors anyways and wanna be :passitleft::hmmmm:.
KB,
I answered the question on your journal, give them a bit more time before you go 12/12.

Hi Steve - looking good brotha! I sampled some of my Lucy via a quick dry last night... think I'm in love. It's great even with a quick dry. Sweet, lemony fuel and it's already all I want to put in the vape right now - it'll get so much better with a cure, and I can't wait!

Just have to say, you run a clean operation and grow some really nice plants, Steve. I enjoy your journals immensely. Nice job, and +rep if it'll let me for the great start. :bravo:

Ive been late to many parties. Yet another SteveHman bowtie event? Ill rock the tophat and monacle... For close up views of the soon to be trichomes. Splendid! Dashing! Ahhhh i can sense the paparazzi from a distance, souls intent on the capture of a still worth 1,001 words... Pose for the cameras, ladies, POSE i say! Then back we go for a little fun of the naughty sort, eh?

MB,
You just fashionably late,which is still considered "on time" by my crowd. I haven't had time to break out the good camera for some glamour shots, but once they start showing their girly parts you can guarantee there will be some Paris Hilton worthy pictures.

The plants are taking off like they're on the juice. Here is a quick shot that you can compare them to from the pics two days ago:
DSCN02928.JPG
DSCN02947.JPG

They've stacked on about 4inches in two days. The Sage is almost even with the Lucy now. I hope they stop stretching after they put on 8 more inches (or less).

I hope to read a report by a methodical grower, about Bushmaster.
You Steve, and 420fied are my main demonstrators of no-veg flowering.
When I set up a flat SOG, I want more tools of knowledge at hand.
I've heard some bad stuff about Bushmaster, in fact I think that it can no longer be sold in California.

I probably should have put these girls straight to flower, but wanted to make sure I had good root penetration on those coco-tek cups, so I waited a week. Good lesson learned on that one, stick with my gut feeling and go straight to flower from the cloner in this box.

I still have another 1~2 weeks of veg though in my tent grow. I am getting quite the LST going on them in there and will be looking to flip them as soon as I get a full circle on the pots, in the meantime I will top and fim the new shoots to get them all bushy and ready for some stretching.

I've heard some bad stuff about Bushmaster, in fact I think that it can no longer be sold in California.

I probably should have put these girls straight to flower, but wanted to make sure I had good root penetration on those coco-tek cups, so I waited a week. Good lesson learned on that one, stick with my gut feeling and go straight to flower from the cloner in this box.

I still have another 1~2 weeks of veg though in my tent grow. I am getting quite the LST going on them in there and will be looking to flip them as soon as I get a full circle on the pots, in the meantime I will top and fim the new shoots to get them all bushy and ready for some stretching.

Sounds good to me SteveHman. :Namaste:

Know the feeling of not dong what your gut tells you......I always regret it too.
Your a man after my own heart.....FIMing and Topping.....Bushy...Bushy. :high-five:

nice!

hey was wondering what you use to raise/lower the solution level in the root chamber?
I'll take a pic and post it tomorrow. Lights are off right now. It is a simple fix though, the standard aeroflo has a tube you raise or lower, I modified mine a bit so I will show you how I adjust it to three pre-set heights.

Word .. I'll stick to BPN A, B, with a wee dram of Blue
and photo period control.

Fundementals actually rule :peace:
Without them, one can only drool
I was visiting a friends grow and he asked me what was wrong with his grow. I looked at it and said "what isn't wrong with your grow?" I asked what he was feeding them and he broke out a list of over a dozen items. I am totally serious, a dozen different nutes and supplements. I told him to limit himself to the 3-part that he was using and CalMag--only if he was using RO water. Our local tap is over 400ppm, no need to add Ca/Mg to that, you'll end up with concrete.

Anyway, the point is that I gave him the same advice you give to new growers. "Master the basics of growing with the absolute essentials! Once you can grow good meds with that then step it up and add one thing at a time to grow great meds!"

I gave him the extra set of BPN 2-part that I received from the NOTM and told him this, and nothing else until they get healthy. And when they're healthy call me and we'll see what you can add next. Baby steps and patience, failing to follow those two things I think are responsible for more failed grows than anything.

There is no short cut to a great harvest, you can speed things up, but you have to master the basics first.

I am totally serious, a dozen different nutes and supplements.
I had a friend who was morbidly obese, claimed to be on a diet. Huh?
Said he, "I eat a lot of chicken." No reduction of the rest.
He would've eaten his way to health, if he could've done that with more.
Died at 55, having been kept alive by an expensive regime of drug treatments.

Growers can do little better when treating hopes for more, with more food.

More better air is the most commonly limited need, in closets, tents, and growrooms.
Temperature, humidity, CO2 content, cleanliness, and micro-turbulence at each stomata.
Boundry-layer breakup can return bountiful, beautiful rewards :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom