1st Hydro Grow

Dude,
DONOT mess with your roots please. They hate it. any touch can damage them significantly. Youre smart to leave them be till next time. I had a garden like yours that needed to be moved (different herb tho) and I was so careful but they were so stressed out was a mortal wound. I moved some plants from an aerogarden a long time ago in my early HP grow that I had to manipulate roots and it even had a knot under the ring.. THose plants did survive but they were stressed out for days and I was totally crazed that I caused them so much damage.
Your ladies will love you for not caressing thier sweet lovley root system.
"May the force be with you"

I started some clones on 5/5 and they have gone nuts, today. I have roots of them and my new seedlings sprawling all over the bottom of the tray (runoff water). I have got to do some transplanting today it seems. I dread disentangling them, but I have no choice.

I feel your concern brother. I'm going to just leave things as they are myself, until I'm ready to harvest, then cut the 4 WD and try, very carefully, to untangle the mess from Gigabud so I can cut a couple clones, then throw her into bloom.

BTW, lost one of the Super Skunks to a friend in need...still got 4 of them and they are going bananas. Already got that smell seeping out of my outbuilding...thank goodness noone lives near me, them babies are rank! Like a splattered skunk on hot asphalt...almosts gags me to walk inside, so I hooked up a carbon scrubber this morning to try and back up the smell.

I routed the smell from my growroom into a locked toolroom on the outside(back) of the house....forgot about the smell of 35-ish buddin beauties, seeping through an a/c in the corner....my backyard is a bit too damn stinky, my friends. Gonna have to do some carbon scrubbin myself.

Good morning all...

Not alot new to report today. Plants are guzzling water/nutes, continuing to frost up, and are making my mouth water.

I do have one issue, I've touched on it before, but I want to lay it out there for all to see and comment on.

There is simply no way all these plants are going to be ready for harvest at the same time. One plant is so far ahead of the others in bud developement and trich prodution, that she's simply going to have to come down before the rest. Thing is, I'm worried that if I just cut the plant, that the tangled roots will die off and have a negative effect on the other plants. Also concerned that if I just harvest buds from her, while leaving the majority of the leaf/stem structure intact, I'll lose potency. It's also causing some concern with the timing of the flushing of the plants. Not really sure what I want to do, but I need to come up with an idea quick, as harvest date is around 3 weeks away and I'll need to have a plan in place before then.

Thanks all...

man they are coming on well great work !!hope your dad's feeling better!! peace up bro

Thanks for the kind words Resinator. My Dad is dong fine and will be home tomorrow. He had a coughing fit and tore some internal stitching and started bleeding. It sounds much worse than it was, and they would have sent him home today if my mother hadn't threatend to whip 'em all with a wagon spoke. She's a fireball, and a bit tired of being so worried. :thanks:

SouthernWeed here is one way out harvest all the plant but leave the last node intact with just a few leaves you don't need that many to keep the plant from dieing that way the core root system stay intact.;)

I hope it helps.:grinjoint:

Pan4

Thanks Pan...that sounds like a perfect way out. I'll just have to forgo the flush and deal with the bleach-like taste.

Good morning to all...

Well, last night, after the race, I decided that something had to be done now about the space issue, so I went in and removed some lower branches that were starving for light. I should have done that a week ago, but indesicion has plagued me throughout this grow, so worried about screwing up the grow, you know. Anyhow, this morning, less than 9 hours later, there is a very noticable difference in light penetration and bud swell.

A couple of the branches I clipped had very small, immature buds trying to grow on them, so I figured, what the hell, lets give 'em a try. Carefully quick dried them and ended up with about 3/4 of a bowl. Now, I have say they tasted like shit, very green and bleachy, but I was, guys and girls, stoned as hell, as was the wife...off two good hits apiece. Now that is encourging!!!

Anyhow, I'm learning so much on this grow that I really am looking forward to the next one. I think the combination of experience and a larger DWC setup, is going to lead to a great grow!

Now for the part you have all been waiting for...pictures.

rsz_100_0478.jpg

rsz_100_0481.jpg

rsz_100_0482.jpg

rsz_100_0483.jpg

rsz_100_0484.jpg

rsz_100_0486.jpg

rsz_100_0487.jpg

Well, that'll do it for now...hope y'all have a great day!

Looks very nice SouthernWeed:cool:
I wish the race wasn't on Speed I wanted to watch it soo bad. Smoke's first win as a car owner.;)
Sounds like you've got some killer meds.:cheer:

Pan4

It was a hell of a race to be sure...what a last 10 laps...and Tony's going to be all out hell to deal with now after getting that first win!

It was a hell of a race to be sure...what a last 10 laps...and Tony's going to be all out hell to deal with now after getting that first win!

You know man I used to hate Tony but its funny now I think he's one heck of a driver. The wife wishes Dale Jr would have gotten his own car. I started watching nascar when Petty was in the 43 STP car. Yes I'm that old. Lol

Pan4

You know man I used to hate Tony but its funny now I think he's one heck of a driver. The wife wishes Dale Jr would have gotten his own car. I started watching nascar when Petty was in the 43 STP car. Yes I'm that old. Lol

Pan4

I'm a Petty fan from way back also...guess we're becomming the grand old men of race fans...lol. Junior hasn't been the same since he got burnt up driving that corvette at Laguna, and Tony Eury Jr. just doesn't have the mental horsepower to keep up with Hendick Motor Sports engineer driven organization. Been hearing some rumblings that he may be replaced with Lance Magrew in the very near future. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Know how you feel about TS though, I used to feel exactly the same way. But the time has come for someone in an ownership role to stand up and tell NASCAR the truth...and ol' Smoke is just the man for the job.

Yes they need to get rid of Eury and Jr will be better for it. My wife a big Jr fan and hated it when he joined Hendrick. So now she likes the Carl. One of my favorite races is when Cale chased Allison down the track to have a fight. Boy Nascar would Sh*t if that happened now.:peace:

Pan4

Back
Top Bottom